(Topic ID: 105447)

NEW Hobbit pics... what do you see new ?

By PinballSTAR

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 507 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ricky.jpg
image-477.jpg
e4652ad9b9aaed45c9981415452f1cab.jpg
5cc3722c8e646521190d522518c2bf40.jpg
o-AIR-NEW-ZEALAND-SMAUG-PLANE-facebook-3.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 10.20.55 AM.png
image-653.jpg
Star trek 2.jpg
Star trek.jpg
hobbit-smaug-edition.jpg
image.jpg
hobbit 1-490.jpg
hobbit2.jpg
the_hobbit__whole_vision__by_arronyym-d5dmiqw.jpg
images.jpg
images (5).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I actually do not understand this strategy at all. I think it hurts sales to not better differentiate the LE from a standard. Invisiglass and shaker can easily be added to a standard. Powdercoating could be too, but it's not as easily added and the quality is hard to match. So powdercoating is really the only differentiator on the LE?? That's crazy IMO. People want something really unique on an LE to make it worth paying that little extra and collecting ... different cabinet artwork, a topper, additional toy figures (that does not change game play), etc. Why would anyone rush to throw money at this game?

Why rush to throw money at the game? To lock in the price and potentially get a much better value.

If you don't mind tying up the money, there isn't much of a downside since you can get a refund if you don't think the final game is worth it.

Worked great for WOZLE at $6500.

HobbitLE isn't as enticing at $7500 but we'll just have to wait and see what the final game and pricing looks like.

#117 9 years ago

Personally, I like the characters around the cabinet and the way the cabinet tells the story as you work your way around it.

It's been a long time since I read the book but to me, Bilbo, Golem, Gandalf and the rest of Middle Earth were more captivating than Smaug.

It's too hard to tell from the photos but I'm hoping it looks like hand drawn photo-realistic artwork instead of photo clip-art.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

At $7500 with the invisiglass and a shaker I've been in all the way. Its more game for your buck than TWD. Add those options to TWD and its what....$8100 or so?

By enticing, I meant pre-order versus waiting until the game was out, not in relation to the competition.

With WOZ you knew you were getting a $1000 price break. With Hobbit, it's only a $500 price break.

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

It sure looks like JJP is looking for maximum profits on this one. Everyone keeps talking about a 7.5k price tag, but its been 8k for a long time now. I'm in the 8k +shipping boat and I'm not seeing anything special with the cabinet to justify the cost at this point. I sure hope they're going to do more to set the LE apart from the standard besides glass, shaker, trim. Anyone can do that to a standard (feeling concerned).

I think it depends on the price of the standard.

If the standard turns out to be $7500, I would still prefer the LE for $8k even if the only difference was the invisiglass, shaker and powder coated armor.

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

But an LE should not be able to be duplicated with just adding trim, glass, and shaker. It needs something that can never be duplicated to make it special.

I know that's important to many people. Doesn't really matter to me, I'm more interested in the value of the additional features versus the standard.

Still, using WOZ as an example, it's not easy to add trim to the standard that exactly matches the LE.

#163 9 years ago

This is very unexpected. The Hobbit has no lower flippers! I wonder if it's magnetic like the Powerfield in TZ.

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from asay:

I'm not implying any of that or suggesting the JJP is intentionally trying to dupe people. I just don't think its right to show a customer one version of something, and then deliver it with noticeable differences.
The shooter rod on 75th Anniversary WOZ is a perfect example of this. It was shown in the flyer having a candy apple shooter which fit the theme perfectly, however it shipped with a generic black one. I know this disappointed a non-trivial amount of people. You can argue that it's insignificant and can be easily fixed, but on an ultra premium high end product you shouldn't need to fix anything, you should get exactly what you were promised.

Since JJP doesn't have everything nailed down at the time they collect pre-orders, I expect that the initial list of features and artwork may change as the machines get closer to production.

I seem to recall them saying something to this effect but don't know where to find the exact quote now.

I think the way they get around this is by offering a refund if you're not satisfied with the finished product.

Sometimes not sticking to an initial list of features can be a good thing. In the case of WOZ, the machine turned out to be so much more than what was initially stated. In my eyes, the RGB leds, crystal ball, direct print cabinet, headphone jack and wide body more than made up for the dropped "interactive topper" feature.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-hobbit-pics-what-do-you-see-new?tu=jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.