(Topic ID: 105447)

NEW Hobbit pics... what do you see new ?

By PinballSTAR

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 507 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ricky.jpg
image-477.jpg
e4652ad9b9aaed45c9981415452f1cab.jpg
5cc3722c8e646521190d522518c2bf40.jpg
o-AIR-NEW-ZEALAND-SMAUG-PLANE-facebook-3.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 10.20.55 AM.png
image-653.jpg
Star trek 2.jpg
Star trek.jpg
hobbit-smaug-edition.jpg
image.jpg
hobbit 1-490.jpg
hobbit2.jpg
the_hobbit__whole_vision__by_arronyym-d5dmiqw.jpg
images.jpg
images (5).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider asael.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago

What's that square thing between the speakers, a decal or something else?

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Bilbo in the image with Smaug is one of the most iconic moments of both the book and movie to me, personally. I'd take that on one side and Bilbo with Gollum on the other.
Nutsack goblin and stupid white orc? Not even a tiny bit. Bilbo and Gandalf look great on the side of the head, that's easily my favorite part.
The playfield suffered from this "over montage" effect too, and they fixed a lot of it. So maybe it's not too late.

I don't like that big white ork on the side but perhaps he will play out a very big part in the third movie so let's wait and see.
I don't want to spoil anything but if you know the books, Smaug won't be a big part in the third movie. What matters is his treasure. It's the battle of the 5 armies! Smaug will be for what we know a very big toy on the playfield and on the LCD. So I think it's not a bad thing that he isn't also on the side. And perhaps the characters there will be more important in the third part.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

All I'll say is the Smaug toy better live up to the hype (I frankly don't see how it possibly can but I sure hope it does). He's THE antagonist of the Hobbit (book at least, god knows where these movies are headed anymore) and there sure isn't much on the machine that indicates that yet.

Was to long ago i read the book, was just a little kid but for me Smaug wasn't the antagonist of the hobbit.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

It's been a long time for me too but he is imo. He's on the cover, he's in the artwork, he's the villain. If not him then who?
The battle of the five armies (to my recollection) is essentially a character killing mechanism without a concrete antagonist, and is actually (imo) a poorly structured event to focus a movie on. It's kinda like the "souring of the shire" from the Lord of the Rings... when I first read that I was like "really? we're done here? Sauron's toast and we're doing this needless new story?" My memories of the battle over the treasure are similar. That said, they are but memories. Perhaps in reality there's more to it that I don't remember, but I doubt it - hence Peter Jackson adding in all this other romance and Azog junk to pad the third film since I doubt a dumb villainless fight over treasure is going to get anyone excited for 3 hours.

Ok, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smaug says so, you are right.

But for me it was always about the treasure and who will get it. And why the hobbit way was special and helped to save the day so that everybody could focus on the real problems. And Smaug was just something that stood in the way before the real conflict starts.

#97 9 years ago

I still like the whole art package like it is. And I believe if we see it in real it will be awesome and better as these pictures.

I don't want Smaug on the side artwork. But I miss the eagles. Perhaps someone can make a topper with an eagle.
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-01/enhanced/webdr06/20/5/enhanced-buzz-32373-1390215545-8.jpg
Something like this in small:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/9463779/The-eagles-have-landed-in-Wellington

#156 9 years ago

I still wonder what that thing between the speakers is. Perhaps a camera? Or some kind of big flasher?

#237 9 years ago

The "Seaside Bronze" looks the same like the MetLE trim?

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

It's amazing how much slamming Jack takes for this type of stupid shit. The machine looks insane, and I'm going to say it, best looking layout in at least 20 years, and .... what else....? ORIGINAL!
Borg and Gary please note that ***ORGINAL IS STILL IS POSSIBLE***, but not while surfing coattails of the real designers or restricting the real designers you have.
If he didn't put all the characters on it, you would have the exact same opposite argument "the smaug???? it was only in the three movies for a bit at the end of 2 and three!, what about all the hobbits???".

Great post! I am still very happy with my Hobbit preorder. Can't wait for pictures from the complete game.

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Take it from me, Red armor wouldn't look good and the color people have been showing in this thread is not even close to representative of the real color.

So is this "Seaside Bronze" the same kind of color like the MetLE trim or something else? I am hoping for something darker.

#413 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

No where near metLE. MetLE is basic silver.

Good to hear that, it should look like very old metal. Like something the dwarfs forged. That would be great.

#437 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Please show me my post(s) in this thread that you deem to be "trite, comical, and pedantic".

One example:

Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You know a thread has run its' course when all we're left with are the usual JJP pumpers and the "JJP can do no wrong" folks.

#446 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

If nothing else gets released by jack ill start a new thread live at expo with what ever is revealed live time.

That would be great! Thanks!

#462 9 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

The powder color choice is worse then MMR gold finish and that's saying a lot because MMR gold is super super ugly.

So you have seen the powder color on the hobbit? Tell us about where you have seen it? Or how can you make such a judgment about it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider asael.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-hobbit-pics-what-do-you-see-new?tu=asael and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.