(Topic ID: 105447)

NEW Hobbit pics... what do you see new ?

By PinballSTAR

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 507 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ricky.jpg
image-477.jpg
e4652ad9b9aaed45c9981415452f1cab.jpg
5cc3722c8e646521190d522518c2bf40.jpg
o-AIR-NEW-ZEALAND-SMAUG-PLANE-facebook-3.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 10.20.55 AM.png
image-653.jpg
Star trek 2.jpg
Star trek.jpg
hobbit-smaug-edition.jpg
image.jpg
hobbit 1-490.jpg
hobbit2.jpg
the_hobbit__whole_vision__by_arronyym-d5dmiqw.jpg
images.jpg
images (5).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JerseyJack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

So it seems Hobbit LE will be decals on the cabinet, regular tempered glass, no headphone jack, no shaker, and no topper?
Though it will have a button on the lockdown bar.

The LE has, INVISIGLASS(TM) Shaker, headphone jack - decal cabinet.

Also - do not create copyright infringing artwork and illegally post that.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

I see a PIN that will not ship until late 2016. Next question?

You will see two different games ship from JJP in 2015 and I'm not including WOZ.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

Any other forum would be an Avalanche of photoshop postings to really drive the point home now.... nothing illegal here I can see, unless the OP wasn't supposed to be posted yet.

The artwork not posted by OP infringes on the license and needs to be removed. That art is not approved by that poster for that use - on that pinball machine. It is not ours and misrepresents our product.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Take it as a compliment...with Stern - we expect "Stern". I know some people don't like digging up the statements of JJP 3 years ago, but the whole premise of company was (paraphrasing) "Our customers don't want Stern games - we're going to make a product to fill a need in the market". Lots of talk about hand drawn art. So - when Hobbit's art package reveal looks EXACTLY like what Stern would have done - it's a bit disappointing & rightfully criticized. That doesn't mean we "hate" JJP, we just expect more based on statements made by Jack when the company started.

Guess what - when you get a license - you do what THEY want you to do or allow you to do. That's why Pat Lawlor's game is an original theme so John Youssi draws all of the artwork.

What would WOZ artwork look like...uhhh...WOZ - hand drawn or not it will be approved as WOZ. You don't license a property and make the characters look different, it won't be approved.

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Still don't understand the point of the third flipper. Seems like the two main flippers can nail every shot.

Right - you can't play the game with your eyes....you have to play the game

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Friendly suggestion, but consider consulting with your legal team before posting this type of comment. Even if you are legally in the right it's not great PR, but at least you'd have a shot at getting what you want. However, if it turns out you have no authority to demand that the images be taken down, you've left a sour taste in at least some customers' mouths for no reason.
I really appreciate it when you, Rick and other manufacturers comment on Pinside, you have a unique perspective and generally can trump the the speculation the rest of us get up to. But I also think both you and Rick can end up shooting yourselves in the feet at various times. I absolutely get that it must be hard not to get sucked into arguments/debate given the nature of the board and your personal investment and pride in your product. I find myself doing that on occassion and I don't have people tearing apart products I've dedicated months or years to designing. But as manufacturers you have less to win and more to lose by posting, so an extra dose of introspection may be in order. Something along the lines of "Interesting concepts, but we've selected our final cabinet design and are pleased with how it looks/stand by it" might have gone over better here.

Really simple - don't take what is not yours.

We are legally obligated to protect the license.

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hope that is not the case. When I read Jacks comment about what is included with the LE I thought "awesome". Then I saw the comment regarding copyrights... I can understand if Jack doesn't want JJP employees posting modified images but it shouldn't be an issue when other random people do it. Stuff like that happens 24/7 on the internet.

Honestly - I love the Passion from everyone especially Aurich. We do have a responsibility to our Agreement to protect the IP we license. It's all in good fun here and we all love Pinball.

We do listen to suggestions as we have seen. We have made mistakes and I'm certain we will makes more in the future too, maybe smaller ones I hope.

We all want to see the very best Pinball made - but - sometimes with a license - your hands are tied.

The game will be at Expo - contrary to what Mike Pacak wrote (???) and believe it or not - there have been many pinball machines built after 1933 outside of Chicago too.

We are looking forward to a really fun time at Expo and it is a great time for Pinball - Thanks!

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

First, someone else did something bad so I did too is not a good defense.
If you download the bootleg Nucore you are breaking a federal copyright law. I really wouldn't advise it.

Seems threats about Copyrights are not applicable here - go away

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JerseyJack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-hobbit-pics-what-do-you-see-new?tu=JerseyJack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.