(Topic ID: 105447)

NEW Hobbit pics... what do you see new ?

By PinballSTAR

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 507 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ricky.jpg
image-477.jpg
e4652ad9b9aaed45c9981415452f1cab.jpg
5cc3722c8e646521190d522518c2bf40.jpg
o-AIR-NEW-ZEALAND-SMAUG-PLANE-facebook-3.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 10.20.55 AM.png
image-653.jpg
Star trek 2.jpg
Star trek.jpg
hobbit-smaug-edition.jpg
image.jpg
hobbit 1-490.jpg
hobbit2.jpg
the_hobbit__whole_vision__by_arronyym-d5dmiqw.jpg
images.jpg
images (5).jpg
There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.
#401 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You don't have to give Smaug a solo shot on the cabinet, but as you say it's the Hobbit, not "Goblin King vs. generic Orc guy they invented to help stretch a 200 page book into a nine hour, three part movie, featuring special guests the Hobbit and friends." I seriously think if you shrank those uglies down (or cropped them out entirely) you'd satisfy 90% of those complaining about the cabinet art, even if those with an eye for design would still think a "cast of characters" lineup is not very interesting/engaging.

probably right about shrinking them down a bit but lets see what they reveal at expo. I do however have to say devoting entire machine to Smaug is the wrong way to go for me and the "type" of machine this will apparently be!

#402 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Just curious to the typical thumbs downers of anything positively said about a JJP game

That is not why, I gave a thumbs down because I don't agree with you and a thumbs down for putting down another company to pump up what you think is the shit !

Praise for JJP is cool. Dumping on Stern to praise JJP is out of line !

#403 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You don't have to give Smaug a solo shot on the cabinet, but as you say it's the Hobbit, not "Goblin King vs. generic Orc guy they invented to help stretch a 200 page book into a nine hour, three part movie, featuring special guests the Hobbit and friends."

I re-read the book about a month ago on my kindle. Upon starting it told me my time to complete the whole book was about 4.5 hours. I found it pretty humorous that it took me less time to read the book than to watch the 3 films.

If anyone cares or forgot, the book is still excellent. Moves fast because of lots going on. While the dragon/gold is what brings the group together, the amount of pages that actually deal with interacting with Smaug aren't very numerous.

#404 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

What does Stern have to do with a thread on Hobbit? Oh yeah, you're one of those guys who causes trouble and drama by arguing your preferred toy is better than other people's toy. Grab your turtle wax at the door.

Well, because people were all over the lockdown bar button, stating JJP was copying stern in this, which of course isn't a stern invention either, and rebutting with all the stern has copied in their time.

I would have thought someone like you could appreciate a post about others copying someone's original idea or are we all allowed now to download the pin2k bootleg update CD with no issue?

#405 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Well, because people were all over the lockdown bar button, stating JJP was copying stern in this, which of course isn't a stern invention either, and rebutting with all the stern has copied in their time.
I would have thought someone like you could appreciate a post about others copying someone's original idea or are we all allowed now to download the pin2k bootleg update CD with no issue?

First, someone else did something bad so I did too is not a good defense.

If you download the bootleg Nucore you are breaking a federal copyright law. I really wouldn't advise it.

#406 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

So you made one?

Many colors were tried. You guys have seen the sample colors I have.. hundreds in every hue/color/finish/etc.. So yes I can say that red variants don't fit. Even if the cab had a fire breathing dragon on it, red still wouldn't look right.

#407 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You know a thread has run its' course when all we're left with are the usual JJP pumpers and the "JJP can do no wrong" folks.

Right, everyone is just wrong for thinking Aurich's 10 minute mock-up looks awesome. I wonder what he could do if he was given 2 years.

Whatever he could do in 2 years irrelevant. He would be working within the same guidelines that any artist given the license would have done. One thing that was said which is borderline idiotic was "Pick a less restrictive license". You don't deal with a lot of the license censors up front. You deal with a completely different group. You wouldn't even receive information on what's acceptable and not until AFTER you sign up for the license.

P.S. Your currently the most thumbs downed person in both the month of September and to date October as well. Congratulations! (P.S. Everyone else is the problem LOL).

#408 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

P.S. Your currently the most thumbs downed person in both the month of September and to date October as well. Congratulations! (P.S. Everyone else is the problem LOL).

1) While you may care about thumbs up or thumbs down to boost your ego, I could care less.
2) As I've stated before, the overwhelming majority of the thumbs down come from the same handful of people (and only in a JJP thread, odd) ... if it makes them feel better then great. But it certainly doesn't bother me.
3) Why do you continue to make every JJP discussion that is negative about me? As if I'm the reason a lot of folks expressed that they don't like the cabinet artwork? Or I'm the reason so many people expressed negative opinions about the 4 pop-up toys?

P.S - You need to contact Robin and explain that the "Ignore" functionality on this site is apparently not working properly. It's bizarre that despite you stating I'm "literally the only person on this site you have on ignore", you keep seeing my posts. Weird.

#409 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

1) While you may care about thumbs up or thumbs down to boost your ego, I could care less.
2) As I've stated before, the overwhelming majority of the thumbs down come from the same handful of people (and only in a JJP thread, odd) ... if it makes them feel better then great. But it certainly doesn't bother me.
3) Why do you continue to make every JJP discussion that is negative about me? As if I'm the reason a lot of folks expressed that they don't like the cabinet artwork? Or I'm the reason so many people expressed negative opinions about the 4 pop-up toys?
P.S - You need to contact Robin and explain that the "Ignore" functionality on this site is apparently not working properly. It's bizarre that despite you stating I'm "literally the only person on this site you have on ignore", you keep seeing my posts. Weird.

I removed you from "Ignore". I needed more comedy on this site And no a majority of the thumbs down don't come from the same folks. It's spread across everyone Again I have no issue with negative comments. Yours aren't just negative; they are trite, comical, and pedantic (I can link to a dictionary if you need to look that one up.).

Thumbs up and down isn't about ego. It's just a litmus test of agreement on a topic. And a predominant amount of people disagree with nearly everything you post. So again it must be everyone else that has the issues, not you.

#410 9 years ago

The cabinet art is what it is. I like it better than WOZ but then this is a holy grail theme for me (which is why I am in for THLE). I do think Aurich is trying to be helpful (best companies listen whether they agree or not to constructive criticism) yes. He makes many good suggestions. I think pinchroma is pointing out that red does not go with the playfield.

In the end, it is all up to the playfield mechanics and code to me. I can't wait for the full reveal! This is the first and probably last pin I will preorder. I have always in the past played a game many times before buying. But like I said this is a holy grail theme for me and JJP give you a lot for your dollars compared to other manufacturers.

Post edited by bmunn1: Grammar

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Take it from me, Red armor wouldn't look good and the color people have been showing in this thread is not even close to representative of the real color.

So is this "Seaside Bronze" the same kind of color like the MetLE trim or something else? I am hoping for something darker.

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

So is this "Seaside Bronze" the same kind of color like the MetLE trim or something else? I am hoping for something darker.

No where near metLE. MetLE is basic silver.

#413 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Good to hear that, it should look like very old metal. Like something the dwarfs forged. That would be great.

#414 9 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Good to hear that, it should look like very old metal. Like something the dwarfs forged. That would be great.

Decent idea . I couldn't have thought of a better one myself.

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I re-read the book about a month ago on my kindle. Upon starting it told me my time to complete the whole book was about 4.5 hours. I found it pretty humorous that it took me less time to read the book than to watch the 3 films.
If anyone cares or forgot, the book is still excellent. Moves fast because of lots going on. While the dragon/gold is what brings the group together, the amount of pages that actually deal with interacting with Smaug aren't very numerous.

It is a wonderful book! For those that love it but haven't read it in a few years, I highly recommend the annotated edition (http://smile.amazon.com/The-Annotated-Hobbit-J-R-R-Tolkien/dp/0618134700). Best Christmas gift I received last year and really enjoyed all of the additional insights into Tolkien's mythology (plus the sample illustrations from various international editions, most of which Tolkien absolutely hated).

#416 9 years ago

This is supposedly seaside bronze:

e4652ad9b9aaed45c9981415452f1cab.jpge4652ad9b9aaed45c9981415452f1cab.jpg

#417 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Are the wireforms gonna have the same color?

#418 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Finally an update Wohoo Thanks Alex.

#419 9 years ago

Wire forms powdercoated the same seaside bronze would be fantastic!

But, depending on the rest of the playfield, may blend in a little too much.

#420 9 years ago

This thread is quite the read

One thing is for sure I cant wait until December 17th(; ...

#421 9 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

This thread is quite the read
One thing is for sure I cant wait until December 17th(; ...
» YouTube video

Interestingly enough The Netherlands are due the 11th of December!

- I bet the first container full of THLE's is therefore going to Europe...

#423 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

yep patina brass on an acid etched ( rough ) base metal would be perfect.

#424 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

This is supposedly seaside bronze:
e4652ad9b9aaed45c9981415452f1cab... 10 KB

That is a nice color for the trim on this pin - should look nice in person.

#425 9 years ago

Imo the cab art looks good. I know its a hobbit pinball not generic dragon pinball, ie dungeons and dragons, that dragon movie with sean connery as a voice of one, the dragon one when the world is destroyed, how to train your dragon. etc etc

#426 9 years ago

There will be mirrorblades on THLE ?

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

First, someone else did something bad so I did too is not a good defense.
If you download the bootleg Nucore you are breaking a federal copyright law. I really wouldn't advise it.

Seems threats about Copyrights are not applicable here - go away

#428 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Now Jack you should know Pinside better ...... that only applies to people that own pinball manufacturing companies! Now go back and edit your post!

#429 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I swear it is like there are different people using the same account sometimes.

Dude tell me about it. Sometimes Jack is so wishy-washy on these boards.

#430 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Learn to read. I didn't threaten anyone. Since you brought it up your BS threats thrown at Aurich were completely off-base and typical low-class. Take your own advice and don't post here. You rarely help yourself.

#431 9 years ago

I can't believe how many people are hung up on cabinet art. It looks good to me. The playfield looks unique and with Keefer on the rules, I suspect this will be a great table. I can't wait to try one of these.

#432 9 years ago

You don't play the cabinet art.

#433 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I removed you from "Ignore". I needed more comedy on this site And no a majority of the thumbs down don't come from the same folks. It's spread across everyone Again I have no issue with negative comments. Yours aren't just negative; they are trite, comical, and pedantic (I can link to a dictionary if you need to look that one up.).
Thumbs up and down isn't about ego. It's just a litmus test of agreement on a topic. And a predominant amount of people disagree with nearly everything you post. So again it must be everyone else that has the issues, not you.

Please show me my post(s) in this thread that you deem to be "trite, comical, and pedantic"

I dont have to look any further back then your post above for an example of you acting jeuvenile, condescending, and egotistical.

#434 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

You don't play the cabinet art.

While obviously true I'm pretty sure there is good reason why arcade video game manufacturers are creating ever more impressive cabinets, signage, light shows, etc. It simply adds to the "cool factor" of the game.

#435 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Please show me my post(s) in this thread that you deem to be "trite, comical, and pedantic"
I dont have to look any further back then your post above for an example of you acting jeuvenile, condescending, and egotistical.

Alex has a right to be egotistical. He's awesome.

#436 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Seems threats about Copyrights are not applicable here

Maybe they just came too soon. He was not a company trying to copy or profit. It was just a guy having a fun discussion, dreaming.

Could of just said "We did what our licence allowed, but nice idea" or "Great passion, Maybe you can submit some design ideas for our next game"

Instead you threatened. I don't think threatening potential customers is a good plan for a company.

To everyone else we need to remember Jack is human like us all. We ALL find it hard to not be defensive when we feel attacked.

One more interesting note. Forums are bad places to enforce picture copyright.
Look at everyones avatars. Do you think we all have rights to these pictures?
How about all the funny pictures people put in posts?

#437 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Please show me my post(s) in this thread that you deem to be "trite, comical, and pedantic".

One example:

Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You know a thread has run its' course when all we're left with are the usual JJP pumpers and the "JJP can do no wrong" folks.

#438 9 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

One example:

Really? Thats it?

#439 9 years ago

opps theres another!^^^^^^^

#441 9 years ago

I'm wondering what is the original intention of this thread. To discuss _____ ?
-mof

#442 9 years ago

100's of new posts not one update outside of a blurry picture.

#443 9 years ago

where is a clear shot of the fuzzy pic! anyone? calm before the storm obviously so wish I was going to Chicago.

#444 9 years ago

If nothing else gets released by jack ill start a new thread live at expo with what ever is revealed live time.

#445 9 years ago

That would be great, had to cancel Chicago, I really want to get the low down on all the new machines "possibly" coming in the next year or so. much appreciated

#446 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

If nothing else gets released by jack ill start a new thread live at expo with what ever is revealed live time.

That would be great! Thanks!

#447 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Thanks!

#448 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

LOL

#449 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Hobbit will be at Expo... Examine the 'look' in person there... It will be beautiful...

Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but will the game be playable for expo or just there to show and look at? I guess we will have to wait and see.

#450 9 years ago

JJP has done crowd funding, next is crowd design by Aurich. Why not? Strange group there at JJP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-hobbit-pics-what-do-you-see-new/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.