(Topic ID: 105447)

NEW Hobbit pics... what do you see new ?

By PinballSTAR

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 507 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 31 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Ricky.jpg
image-477.jpg
e4652ad9b9aaed45c9981415452f1cab.jpg
5cc3722c8e646521190d522518c2bf40.jpg
o-AIR-NEW-ZEALAND-SMAUG-PLANE-facebook-3.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 10.20.55 AM.png
image-653.jpg
Star trek 2.jpg
Star trek.jpg
hobbit-smaug-edition.jpg
image.jpg
hobbit 1-490.jpg
hobbit2.jpg
the_hobbit__whole_vision__by_arronyym-d5dmiqw.jpg
images.jpg
images (5).jpg

There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
#1 5 years ago

Here are some new goodies for everyone - showing the whole cabinet package. ENJOY

Did you spot what's NEW and previously unknown ? The Hobbit will be a BEAST... more game than WOZ and we all know Jack will have more surprises he will announce on his own of other great stuff on the game we yet don't know about.

LE will have Shaker, Invisiglass...

WANT ONE ? We have a number of Hobbit LE's still available (I know JJP was close to sold out and many smaller distributors are sold out)... So if you want one - give us a shout... Soon the standards will be announced as well and the LE pricing might go up at that time - just an FYI...

Payment plans are available - just ask...

Please email me at email below - not PM me here - it's easier for me to track my communications on regular email.. TY...

Come see us at the York Show this weekend !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Sales@PinballSTAR.com
570-357-0042

hobbitcabinetleftNEW.jpg
hobbitcabinetrightNEW.jpg

hobbitbannerNEW.jpg
#2 5 years ago

a real hobbit comes with the game?

#3 5 years ago

Button on the lockdown. Will Steve Ritchie be saying, "HIT THE FIRE BUTTON!!!"?

#4 5 years ago

No volume and headphone jack on coin door. Some sort of button on the lockdown bar, probably to fire the crossbow thing.

#5 5 years ago

The button is probably the diverter button that was rumored...

#6 5 years ago

So it seems Hobbit LE will be decals on the cabinet, regular tempered glass, no headphone jack, no shaker, and no topper?
Though it will have a button on the lockdown bar.

#7 5 years ago

What I see is that the goblin king with a nutsack for a chin gets top billing, and there's no f***ing Smaug anywhere. What's the matter, someone said "we crammed 45 different characters onto the cabinet art, there's no room for the god damn dragon"?

The powdercoat color looks nice enough, but not particularly unique. Until I read it was "seaside bronze" on the flyer I just assumed it was plain old armor. For an LE I'd prefer it stood out more as special, because that's really the point right? You don't get a whole lot else compared to a standard, so every part should really sing.

And really? A button in the middle of the lockdown bar? I mean, fine, whatever, but when I see that I see "hey, let's be like Stern" which isn't exactly what I thought the JJP mantra would be. It feels like Star Trek or Mustang or AC/DC or TWD LE when I look at that.

They still didn't recess the Start button, and that sucks. It looks bad, and people are going to bump it on accident. Recessing was figured out years ago, there's a reason why companies do it. Easy enough to change out the yellow side buttons for something that looks nice, but hard to fix the Start button.

Sorry, don't mean to be a downer, but if this is what they've got to tease so far it's disappointing. I hope the full package when seen in person (Expo please?) really makes me change my mind. I want to like this. And I'll happily change my tune if it looks great. But so far ... eh.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

So it seems Hobbit LE will be decals on the cabinet, regular tempered glass, no headphone jack, no shaker, and no topper.

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

LE will have Shaker, Invisiglass...

If you're gonna join my bitch fest at least read first!

#9 5 years ago

The cabinet art seems so busy, if I had to pick one design I actually like the standard better. I really hope this is going to be a great game as the theme is awesome and deserves to be a killer machine, but have some reservations for sure. Need gameplay lets get this machine in production.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What I see is that the goblin king with a nutsack for a chin gets top billing, and there's no f***ing Smaug anywhere. What's the matter, someone said "we crammed 45 different characters onto the cabinet art, there's no room for the god damn dragon"?

The powdercoat color looks nice enough, but not particularly unique. Until I read it was "seaside bronze" on the flyer I just assumed it was plain old armor. For an LE I'd prefer it stood out more as special, because that's really the point right? You don't get a whole lot else compared to a standard, so every part should really sing.

And really? A button in the middle of the lockdown bar? I mean, fine, whatever, but when I see that I see "hey, let's be like Stern" which isn't exactly what I thought the JJP mantra would be. It feels like Star Trek or Mustang or AC/DC or TWD LE when I look at that.

They still didn't recess the Start button, and that sucks. It looks bad, and people are going to bump it on accident. Recessing was figured out years ago, there's a reason why companies do it. Easy enough to change out the yellow side buttons for something that looks nice, but hard to fix the Start button.

Sorry, don't mean to be a downer, but if this is what they've got to tease so far it's disappointing. I hope the full package when seen in person (Expo please?) really makes me change my mind. I want to like this. And I'll happily change my tune if it looks great. But so far ... eh.

I think you and Rare Hero should go start a "I Hate JJP pinball Club" somewhere.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you're gonna join my bitch fest at least read first!

Well the shaker and Invisiglass, that contradicts the other distributor that posted a day or two ago.

#12 5 years ago

I agree. Recess start button, lockdown bar button moved to next to flippr buttons ala judge dredd, shadow etc. Gold trim, legs etc. Remove the george lucas monster(had only a small role in the first movie) and add a big dragon to the cab!

#13 5 years ago

What's that square thing between the speakers, a decal or something else?

#14 5 years ago

Looks like a smaller LCD ?

#15 5 years ago

Don't worry they are going to make a special "Smaug" edition six months later to address this...

Quoted from Aurich:

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

What's that square thing between the speakers, a decal or something else?

Beat me to it...I was about the ask the same thing.

Machine looks very cool.

--Luke

#17 5 years ago

Why does the seaside bronze look the same as the standard trim?
It appears to be a bad photoshop. Here is seaside bronze:

http://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/PMB-1964/seaside-bronze/

seaside bronze.jpg

#18 5 years ago

does the goblin king look like the side of a face to anyone else?
A big nose, mouth with "jowls" , eye... it's all there and all I see.

#19 5 years ago

I'm guessing this is the standard?? I mean Jack told me that white Orc side art was gone and replaced with something else...and I agree, get rid of the nut sack goblin king!

#20 5 years ago

Hobbit will be at Expo... Examine the 'look' in person there... It will be beautiful...

Keep in mind these are 'marketing' pics and may not show everything that is or isn't going to be there... Take them with a grain of salt, same as WOZ... I just thought it was interesting about the lockdown button being 'added' or at least shown... and as I stated there will be more surprises to come.

#21 5 years ago

Fire button on lockbar, this game is gona be sweet! cant wait to play it!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

I think you and Rare Hero should go start a "I Hate JJP pinball Club" somewhere.

I don't hate JJP at all! In fact, I love the Hobbit theme, and I want it to be great. I don't see any value in staying silent though, there's zero chance things will be fixed (instead of really low chance) if we don't say something. It worked with the playfield, our concerns were at least partially addressed. I love that JJP listens to their customers, it's an admirable trait.

Does anyone love the collage of movie characters art? If you could have this, or a big bad ass picture of Smaug on each side which would you take? I know what I would want!

Post edited by moderator: Pics removed, copyrights claim.

#24 5 years ago

No recessed Start button? This is an outrage!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

No recessed Start button? This is an outrage!

Whats next........no coin mechs????

#26 5 years ago

The button on the lockdown bar can't control the ramp diverter. With the fast flow of the ramp shots, it would be too hard to move your hand quickly from the flippers to the fire button repeatedly. Just my opinion. It must be for something else, like the crossbow shot.

I'm most intrigued with the area between the speakers. Could that be a camera? Or maybe red/orange/yellow light that shines on the player when Smaug breathe fire?

#27 5 years ago

At least the start buttons not green lol

#28 5 years ago

Arghh,,beat me to it.

#29 5 years ago

Looks great.

#30 5 years ago

Quickie photoshop of the above images, obviously it could look better than this, but man, I wish the studio would approve this look instead.

Post edited by moderator: Images removed, sorry, copyright claim.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Quickie photoshop of the above images, obviously it could look better than this, but man, I wish the studio would approve this look instead.

smaug-cab.jpg 150 KB

Not trying to be a dink.. So don't take this bad... Just want to say its the hobbit not the smaug! Although would have been a cool le cabinet. I like the look

#32 5 years ago

I am a sucker for buttons on the lockdown bar. Why are they always centered though? For one-armed players? Couldn't they put it near one side or the other, or next to the flipper button as pinfarmer suggested? Not trying to be critical, just rambling. On a critical note though, 'outie' start buttons suuuuuuck. The worst is when someone is trying to photograph scores on league night and they bump it and clear out the scores..... doh...!

Can't wait to play it though. KILLER theme and the JJP team is second to none. Great pedigree there!

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I prefer the look in the original post to this.

--Luke

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

I am a sucker for buttons on the lockdown bar. Why are they always centered though? For one-armed players? Couldn't they put it near one side or the other, or next to the flipper button as pinfarmer suggested? Not trying to be critical, just rambling. On a critical note though, 'outie' start buttons suuuuuuck. The worst is when someone is trying to photograph scores on league night and they bump it and clear out the scores..... doh...!
Can't wait to play it though. KILLER theme and the JJP team is second to none. Great pedigree there!

Doesn't it have to do with the geometry of the lock down bar mounting? The hole for the wiring is in the middle and hooks to the sides?

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Man I hate the buttons on the lockdown, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Not trying to be a dink.. So don't take this bad... Just want to say its the hobbit not the smaug! Although would have been a cool le cabinet. I like the look

Bilbo in the image with Smaug is one of the most iconic moments of both the book and movie to me, personally. I'd take that on one side and Bilbo with Gollum on the other.

Nutsack goblin and stupid white orc? Not even a tiny bit. Bilbo and Gandalf look great on the side of the head, that's easily my favorite part.

The playfield suffered from this "over montage" effect too, and they fixed a lot of it. So maybe it's not too late.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

--Luke

Agree

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

That's odd because all anyone ever talked about was what Smaug was going to be like, and even still with this pinball machine, all anyone talks about is Smaug...

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

That's odd because all anyone ever talked about was what Smaug was going to be like, and even still with this pinball machine, all anyone talks about is Smaug...

I guess ur right.. I'm looking forward to the last movie

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

--Luke

Hey, that's fine. I mean I just slapped some cropped poster images in there, they don't really fit the shape of the cab all that well. And even if they did you're of course free to like the other look better.

I just don't care for the "let's show EVERYBODY" collage look. It feels like a giant copout to me.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

smaug-cab.jpg 150 KB

Hell yea! Doesn't need to be all Smaug but he should be prominently displayed on the cab art.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

I am a sucker for buttons on the lockdown bar. Why are they always centered though? For one-armed players? Couldn't they put it near one side or the other, or next to the flipper button as pinfarmer suggested? Not trying to be critical, just rambling.

It's there to take your hand(s) off the flippers. It's part of the game to decide when that's a good idea.

You're complaint is kinda like asking why mid playfield standup/drop targets have to be there instead of somewhere safer and more convenient. They are there to tempt you to make the wrong move

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Bilbo in the image with Smaug is one of the most iconic moments of both the book and movie to me, personally. I'd take that on one side and Bilbo with Gollum on the other.
Nutsack goblin and stupid white orc? Not even a tiny bit. Bilbo and Gandalf look great on the side of the head, that's easily my favorite part.
The playfield suffered from this "over montage" effect too, and they fixed a lot of it. So maybe it's not too late.

There's no chance. Arts license approved games shipping too soon. Not even a glimmer of ur hope. We get what u see above as the standard. I like the darkness to it all

#44 5 years ago

The one feeling I have about the look of the screen and the cabinet... It reminds me of the legend of Zelda Nintendo game... Lol I loved that game

#45 5 years ago

RE: cab art

I hate the left side (nutsack king), the right side is good. Not great, but good. My biggest issue with the white orc side, is movie related as I don't care for the whole Azog plotline that much.

All I'll say is the Smaug toy better live up to the hype (I frankly don't see how it possibly can but I sure hope it does). He's THE antagonist of the Hobbit (book at least, god knows where these movies are headed anymore) and there sure isn't much on the machine that indicates that yet.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Holy cow ... if I noted just one of these concerns I would be blown out of the water for being an epic troll. But all true sadly ...

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't like that big white ork on the side but perhaps he will play out a very big part in the third movie so let's wait and see.
I don't want to spoil anything but if you know the books, Smaug won't be a big part in the third movie. What matters is his treasure. It's the battle of the 5 armies! Smaug will be for what we know a very big toy on the playfield and on the LCD. So I think it's not a bad thing that he isn't also on the side. And perhaps the characters there will be more important in the third part.

#48 5 years ago

Smaug is not an actor so he can't cry to the studio/license about his face not being put on the side of a machine so he can collect a paycheck.. I do think he should be somewhere, I heard he was going to be on the bottom of the cabinet box so when the game ships it looks like a dragon flying out of the ground.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't hate JJP at all! In fact, I love the Hobbit theme, and I want it to be great. I don't see any value in staying silent though, there's zero chance things will be fixed (instead of really low chance) if we don't say something. It worked with the playfield, our concerns were at least partially addressed. I love that JJP listens to their customers, it's an admirable trait.
Does anyone love the collage of movie characters art? If you could have this, or a big bad ass picture of Smaug on each side which would you take? I know what I would want!

the_hobbit_the_desolation_of_sma... 359 KB

SmaugDestroyingLakeTown.jpg 329 KB

Yes. I agree. I have seen JJP make changes due to our input on here. I think that Hobbit will also be great that is why I have an LE on order.

I also agree that SMAUG dragon should be on the cab side though. I would rather look at the dragon then nutsack in my Gameroom. I do hope they reconsider this.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

All I'll say is the Smaug toy better live up to the hype (I frankly don't see how it possibly can but I sure hope it does). He's THE antagonist of the Hobbit (book at least, god knows where these movies are headed anymore) and there sure isn't much on the machine that indicates that yet.

Was to long ago i read the book, was just a little kid but for me Smaug wasn't the antagonist of the hobbit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, MI
There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside