(Topic ID: 79452)

New here. Need some help with my Solar City machine.

By philinchio

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ccotenj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SolarCity Switch 1C.jpg
download.jpg
SolarCity.jpg
DSCN0402.JPG
SolarCity.jpg
image-9.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider textrivers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

Hey, philinchio, welcome! I hope we can help.

I don't know the game at all, but from your description, I'm wondering if anything scores/chimes? What does, if so?

If some game features aren't scoring/chiming and some are, I would inspect whatever relays controls the scoring for the non-working features. For example, on 2001, when a drop target is struck, the 50-point relay pulls in, which spins the score motor, and five pulses are sent to the 10s chime and the 10s reel on the scoreboard. If the non-working game features all have some score in common, you might be able to isolate the problem to that relay -- or rule it out.

#3 10 years ago

One thing further: do you have a schematic? That would be very helpful.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from philinchio:

From what reading I've been doing on various EM repair sites, it's starting to sound like the issue isn't necessarily the feature switches, but perhaps one of the score relays that those features connect to.

I think this is what I was trying to say upthread, and stashyboy was as well. The features you named as working correctly (scoring and chiming) are all 500-point features. The others (10s, 100s, and 1000s point scorers) are not working, correct? Inspect those relays. Your schematics will identify which ones they are, if they're not properly labeled themselves. With the playfield up, trigger one of them (a drop target for example) but observe 100 and/or 1000 point relay -- does it pull in? Are all of its switches changing over correctly?

And also, like CactusJack said, check your jones plugs -- all of them! And even if they look clean and they're plugged in correctly, give them a good scrub with a wire brush and reseat them. You might fix some problems that you don't even know about yet.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from philinchio:

I don't feel comfortable yet to try and scrub it thoroughly with a wire brush, in case doing that messes up the connectors even more.

You're not going to mess anything up. Scrub scrub scrub!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider textrivers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-here-need-some-help-with-my-solar-city-machine?tu=textrivers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.