(Topic ID: 240281)

New here and in search of my first pinball machine.

By DGMartin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Just turned 50 and once I started watching pinball videos on youtube, I couldn't believe I'd more or less forgotten how much I loved pinball when I was a kid. I still remember the arcade in town when the owner brought in a brand new Alien Poker and let me play it first with some free credits. I believe I was 11 at the time. I still remember quite vividly when they first got Black Knight, Haunted House and Mars, God of War. So I started looking on Kijiji here in Canada since Craigslist isn't used very much and the pickings are pretty slim. Some of the machines that do pop up the people want an arm and a leg for them, and they aren't even in that great shape. The other day I asked my wife to check the buy and sell on Facebook and a guy had a Medusa on there for 800 dollars Canadian. I had her text the guy right away that I would take it since the ad had only been up for two hours and it was already gone. I was so bummed, since it was in really good shape with the only issue being that it wouldn't kick the ball out to start. For those of you on the forum in Canada, are the prices always way higher here?

#2 5 years ago

Though I'm not Canadian, I've noted pricing generally being higher up there. Here's a good thread to keep up with in your search for your first pin: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell

Note it's a very long thread, so jump to the last page to see what's happening lately.

$800 for a Medusa would have been a *steal* these days! Too bad!

#3 5 years ago

Ontario has a crazy market for used games. The good priced ones move in minutes, the over priced stuff will sit on kijiji for a while.

You could try pinballrevolution.com it’s just Canadians on there and the for sale ads are usually decent.

Find a local pinball league if you can. The best deals are made through word of mouth.

Welcome to pinside.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-here-and-in-search-of-my-first-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.