3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chas10e
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hey everyone!

Just discovered pinside recently. My dad has two old Bally machines, a 1982 Bally Speakeasy and a 1965 Bally Magic Circle, he's been holding on to since they were new. He played them for years, then as a kid I played them for years, but recently he's been thinking about finding them a good home where they'll get more use. He's not much of a computers guy, so he's asked me if I'd go online and learn more.

Any suggestions on which sub forum to post in to learn more about these machines and who might be interested in them?

Thanks,
    Matthew

#2 3 years ago

Just post them here in the marketplace

#3 3 years ago

If you haven't made it over to the "MACHINES" link yet you can look up each game there for more info. There is a price estimate about half way down with a link to archived ads.

Unfortunately there is not much info on Magic Circle as it's an older game that is pretty rare. Condition is key on pricing with the playfield and backglass being most important.

There are some Pinsiders on the east side of the state that would probably be willing to take a look at them and interested in buying. I'll be heading to Flint once our order is lifted and would be willing to check them out if needed.

Good luck! ~ Matt

#4 3 years ago

Pinball is a great hobby my suggestion would be to fix 'em up & play them.

#magic-circle is an EM (electro-mechanical)
    Speakeasy is SS (Solid state)

If you do decide to pass them along take some pics of backglass , playfield , cabinet and for the Solid State Speakeasy the circuit boards.

If there is a battery on the MPU circuit board cut it off and hope there is no corrosion ... if there is corrosion simply list it as such (pretty common problem unfortunately)

Any repairs may not help with the sale should you go that route but again it is an enjoyable hobby and a lot of good resources available to assist you with them

Good luck with your decisions & welcome to Pinside

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-here-4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.