• Latest reply 1 year ago by Viggin900
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2DD5D4CD-02B1-4E97-A26F-4EA92938DB49 (resized).jpeg
D0B3E72F-D9FE-4F0F-BEA8-C12499922852 (resized).jpeg
hellraiser (resized).png
Screenshot 2022-09-13 at 22-10-39 fangoria-art.png (WEBP Image 1284 × 1290 pixels) (resized).png
imaasdge (resized).jpg
Jamie-Clayton-3376743747 (resized).png
Screenshot 2022-09-02 at 17-51-35 Doug Bradley on Twitter (resized).png
23014674 (resized).jpg
52635 (resized).jpg
FblQ9gLUYAAyVi1 (resized).jpeg
Hellraiser (resized).jpg
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I got home last night and finally got a chance to watch It.
It's the 2nd best Hellraiser behind the first (with Bloodlines probably 3rd place)
It worked because it had an actual story and actual actors - and that has not happened for this franchise in decades
About 1000x better than I thought it would be, lol

Agreed on all counts. It’s so rare that a Reboot or long delayed sequel is actually good, but Hellraiser 2022 nailed it. Besides a few iconic lines referencing the original, it did its own thing and did it really well.

Some nice details for long time fans, I personally enjoyed how they combined the design of the original female Cenobite with the lead (different) female Cenobite from Bloodlines into one character in the Reboot.

Between it and the Predator prequel Prey, 2022 has been surprisingly good to old horror IPs. With that said both Hellraiser and Predator have had so many awful sequels over the years, the bar couldn’t be lower to cross.

…we really could use a Hellraiser pinball machine in time for the inevitable sequel or TV series…

#52 1 year ago

I liked the cenobites. Hated the rest of the movie though. Terrible actors and just crappy characters I just couldn't care less about, and the main character is horrible person.

#53 1 year ago

Looking ahead @ the HBO schedule, it looks like they missed October completely.

That means it will come out at Christmas

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

I could be wrong but Clive Barker was only truly involved with 1 & 2. After part 2, his quote was: "Good monsters never die, they just go away for a while". The rest are crap in my opinion. Now with him involved in this one, things are defiantly looking up. Reviews seem great and I will be watching it soon.
There's a thread on Pinside with a guy doing a retheme with Hellraiser using a Devils Dare pin getting the "re-skin " and it is looking awesome, he actually has a working puzzle box he built & integrated into the pin.

Puzzle box mod for theater of magic?

I wouldn’t want to retheme my theater. But if I did, it could be interesting.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

…we really could use a Hellraiser pinball machine

A Hellraiser pin would be awesome. When you start a game the first thing it says to you is: "What's your pleasure Sir"

#56 1 year ago

Going to see a cenobyte later, it turns out.

2DD5D4CD-02B1-4E97-A26F-4EA92938DB49 (resized).jpeg2DD5D4CD-02B1-4E97-A26F-4EA92938DB49 (resized).jpeg
#57 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Between it and the Predator prequel Prey, 2022 has been surprisingly good to old horror IPs.

Agreed. I enjoyed both this and Prey. They aren’t going to replace my love for the originals, but I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to a newcomer.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

A Hellraiser pin would be awesome. When you start a game the first thing it says to you is: "What's your pleasure Sir"

Hmm yeah, but Phantasm would be higher up on the list to be made. I mean a big pinball flies around and kills people!

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-hellraiser-movie-rated-r-and-new-hbo-hellraiser-series/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.