(Topic ID: 8902)

New guy! I need help with Williams High Speed flipper coil wiring.

By SimplyKC

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

high_speed.jpg

#1 12 years ago

I purchased a new coil for my upper-right flipper on my High Speed machine. Long story short, I soldered it in, poorly, and when attaching it the soldering job I did came apart.

Since I soldered the wires one at a time from the old one to the new one, I thought everything would be fine, but then they popped loose and now I don’t know which wire goes to which connector. 

So, I don’t want to damage it by experimenting with what goes where. I have a PDF file of the original manual and schematics, but it isn’t helping me much.

Thanks so much for even trying to help!

I can provide photos or wire colors if that would be helpful.

#2 12 years ago

This is a pic.Have you tried matching the wiring to your other flippers

high_speed.jpghigh_speed.jpg

#3 12 years ago

Make sure you tin both metal parts with sauter and it will be much stronger.

#4 12 years ago

Thanks for the replies!

I have two blu/ylw wires that are still tacted together. It looks like they are on the right side terminal in the photo.

I have one brwn/ylw wire, it looks it is on the left terminal in the photo.

I then have two greenish blue solid color wires, perhaps matching the one seen on the center terminal.

So, that leaves one greenish blue that I have, that would by deduction go where the red wire is in the photo.

Does anyone disagree with this or think it's a bad idea to try it? I don't want to hurt the machine or burn my house down.

Thanks for the soldering tip also!

#5 12 years ago

Went ahead and did it. THANKS A MILLION! It works.

Only burned myself once.

#6 12 years ago

Same thing happened to me and my first coil replacement. Always take pictures, that is what I got out of it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-guy-i-need-help-with-williams-high-speed-flipper-coil-wiring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.