Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Nevus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I apologize up front if I have missed a "new person" type forum for introductions. I don't know protocol around these parts just yet.

I've been away from pins for far too long, and am finally ready to dive back in face first. BUT, I am at a crossroads. I figure for my re-indoctrination, I'm going NIB. But I just flat can't decide between TF combo LE, ACDC LE or X Men Wolverine. I really do like all those themes, but man....tough decision.

Any input for an old addict coming back in?

Thanks in advance.

#2 11 years ago

I think your best bet is to watch a bunch of videos to get an idea.

#3 11 years ago

I've been doing that for hours, literally. Nice bout of insomnia combined with the excitement of a NIB pin keeping me up!

I think ACDC would be last on my list just because I can see hearing the songs over and over wearing on me. But it's pretty tough to decide between TF and XM. I can get a TF combo LE in the box from a local distributor for $6976 out the door. XM Wolverine, $7395 out the door. I don't know how these prices sound to some of you guys.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrainO:

I've been doing that for hours, literally. Nice bout of insomnia combined with the excitement of a NIB pin keeping me up!
    I think ACDC would be last on my list just because I can see hearing the songs over and over wearing on me. But it's pretty tough to decide between TF and XM. I can get a TF combo LE in the box from a local distributor for $6976 out the door. XM Wolverine, $7395 out the door. I don't know how these prices sound to some of you guys.

Where are you located?

#5 11 years ago

Houston

#6 11 years ago

XM LE

and welcome to pinside

#7 11 years ago

I think that's what I'm going to do. Luckily the seller is a friend of mine. I'm gonna email him and then go in this afternoon to pay for it. Looks awesome.

#8 11 years ago

I would knock AC/DC off the list since in was choice #3 and you said you would tire of the music.
    Transformers LE has not held it value and you can buy a home use only for about $2,000 less than what you listed you would pay for a NIB.

So I would get the Wolverine Xmen LE as it's priced competitive and it's new and in demand. You may want to jump quick as I assume because it's limited and in demand and priced right it won't be there very long. Gameplay looks good, I have no desire to buy an X-men as I am not familiar with the theme, but since you are a fan and it was an option - I think it's your best choice from your options. If it turns out to be a hit it will most likely appreciate in value , the other 2 you most likely will lose money on when you sell.

Good luck - let us know what you get.

#9 11 years ago

lol, I was wrong on the price with XM. It's $7895. I guess that's what my old butt gets reading the email on a phone

Is that a fair price?

#10 11 years ago

Search Epay and you will see that they can be had for closer to what you thought the price was. Since this is a "friend" see what they can do on that price. The disadvantage to Epay is shipping will be at least another $300. I think the original price you mentioned was fair, while the higher amount is near the top of the current market.

#11 11 years ago

Yeah, I'll give him a call. No need for the quotation marks, I know the guy

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrainO:

Yeah, I'll give him a call. No need for the quotation marks, I know the guy

Sure you do...

#13 11 years ago

I can't tell if you're f'n with me or not, lol

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrainO:

I can't tell if you're f'n with me or not, lol

I probably am :/

#15 11 years ago

We're not best friends or anything. He runs another business and we've done business together since 04.

#16 11 years ago

DrainO, look in our market place above. There are several Transformer LE HUO there some only have a few hundred plays. These are like new machines and can be had for around $5500 shipped.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrainO:

I can get a TF combo LE in the box from a local distributor for $6976 out the door.

Shazam! I think if you look around you can beat this by ~1500-2000 .

Quoted from DrainO:

It's $7895. I guess that's what my old butt gets reading the email on a phone

Is that a fair price?

Shazam! You can beat that by more than 500.

#18 11 years ago

Welcome to Pinside DrainO - good to have another Houstonian here. IMHO, you should play these games before investing so much $$. Since you're in Houston - check out http://www.joystixgames.com/ They're located downtown, and have every new Stern.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Welcome to Pinside DrainO - good to have another Houstonian here. IMHO, you should play these games before investing so much $$. Since you're in Houston - check out http://www.joystixgames.com/ They're located downtown, and have every new Stern.

That's the best way to go!!

#20 11 years ago

Welcome from another Houstonian (well Houston area anyway). Based on your comments, I would go XM LE. But look around a bit, you can do better than $7850 just using eBay so deals better than that are probably out there. For the Magneto version certainly.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Play before you pay! And pay...and pay...and pay!

#22 11 years ago

I would also knock ACDC off the list. Only played it for a night but I'd go Xmen. TF is catchy at first but you might get bored of it.

#23 11 years ago

If you don't like AC/dc its gone.

Between TF & XMen it's XMen hands down.

TF LE is a dud and dropping like a rock in price

#24 11 years ago

Annnnnnnd made the mistake of playing a Tron Pro today. Damn fun game. Is it true you can basically turn the pro in to an LE?

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrainO:

Annnnnnnd made the mistake of playing a Tron Pro today. Damn fun game. Is it true you can basically turn the pro in to an LE?

not really, you can add some EL wire, but there is a lot more going on for the LE.

#26 11 years ago

Like others said, if you can play them first, definitely do it. Especially if you can go sometime when it's quiet and really hear the details of the game.

I like TF.
    I have ACDC premium and love it. The music is not tiresome to me.
    I have not played X-men.

Good problem to have, good luck.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-guy-here-needing-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.