3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).png
    20210108_203030 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

New replacement pop bumper driver board for Gottlieb System 80, 80A, 80B. One shot circuit built around HC4538. Robust IRL540 MOSFET coil driver. On board test button. 5V and switch LED indicators. $20 + $3 shipping

Available in the pinside store, http://nvram.weebly.com, and eBay.

20210108_203030 (resized).jpg20210108_203030 (resized).jpg

Expect to see more surface mounts parts used going forward. I love through hole but automating some assembly steps is going to help me keep items in stock.

#2 3 years ago

Curious what timing does the pulse has

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Curious what timing does the pulse has

100ms. 100k resistor 1uF cap.
    Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#4 3 years ago

i guess a trim pot could be added if people want to play with the pulse length. 100ms seems good.

#5 3 years ago

Hmm, interesting. Any idea whay the originals were? It thought it was lower than that but don't have any real numbers

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Hmm, interesting. Any idea whay the originals were? It thought it was lower than that but don't have any real numbers

The paper math from the data sheet says ~40ms for gottlieb's original design. Actual pulse width timed from an original and a different repro found in a game was both close to 100ms. The electrolytic capacitor GTB used has a large tolerance range is my guess for the reason.

Gottlieb original 74121
    Tw(ns) = K * Rx(k ohm) * Cx (pico F)
    0.7 * 12 * 4700000
    = 39,480,000ns or about 40ms

I am satisfied with the pulse width at 100ms but I updated the layout to have a 10k resistor + 100k 3362p type trim pot wired up like rheostat. That will give a pulse width range from about 10ms to a little over 100ms.

2 months later
    #7 3 years ago

The pop bumper driver board now has a trim pot to adjust the pulse length of the one shot. They ship plug and play ready set to about 50ms, but can be adjusted between roughly 10ms to 110ms. I will update the picture soon, but looks similar.

Other new items are the Bally SDB with no high voltage (for LED displays) at a reduced cost and the WPC89 MPU.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-gottlieb-pop-bumper-driver-board-ma-992-a-19741 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.