58C5D6A3-B734-40F6-AEB7-8B4E3CE0D9F9 (resized).jpeg
E24189D2-2B01-485D-9F01-C17F4EF6BA08 (resized).jpeg
D21D2F6A-4D75-4947-AF0A-311C86F415C2 (resized).jpeg
20190724_225659 (resized).jpg
DEB7F27D-8B64-435C-B141-1C221034146B (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 8.13.23 PM (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20190718_180117 (resized).jpg
There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from bam10:

So with the new code is short plunging still the way to go or not as much. The upper playfield is certainly better used.

Short plunge all day still on the pro.

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Short plunge all day still on the pro.

Why?

#103 4 years ago

Because not every switch will validate. You can hit the lock targets safely. Just delays the start of the ball save.

Or if you hit a gold target and drain down the middle after a lock, you’ll be safe.

I’d rather get the most out of my ball save than get the skill shot and maybe a pop award or two.

For the premium I think the case can be made to take the plunge to the upper playfield especially if you’re good at working towards castle MB. I can see myself making sure I get at least one of those each game in competition instead of Blackwater. Especially with competition install enabled.

#104 4 years ago

I go for my skill shot on the pro get points. Get sometimes a good award and while my ball is in the pops ball saver is paused. When it comes out you can still make some safe shots during ball save time.

#105 4 years ago

chuckwurt can you pass it up the chain for me.

There’s still an issue in 1.37 Pre/LE with the timing of the sword lock and release post. A 2nd ball will get released occasionally. I played with some friends for about 2 hours, I only noticed it happen once. 2 balls were in the lock (they could have been locked by another player, I don’t know for sure, I was watching my friend play.). He started stark and (I think) martell mode. The 1st ball was released from the lock, he missed a shot as a 2nd ball was released. The 1st ball rebounded and was immediately shot up the lock ramp and the ball was caught by the lock there. The 2nd ball remained in play like nothing happened.

#106 4 years ago

This has happened twice for me while on 1.36 in the last couple days.

Ive never experienced it before on earlier code.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

chuckwurt can you pass it up the chain for me.
There’s still an issue in 1.37 Pre/LE with the timing of the sword lock and release post. A 2nd ball will get released occasionally. I played with some friends for about 2 hours, I only noticed it happen once. 2 balls were in the lock (they could have been locked by another player, I don’t know for sure, I was watching my friend play.). He started stark and (I think) martell mode. The 1st ball was released from the lock, he missed a shot as a 2nd ball was released. The 1st ball rebounded and was immediately shot up the lock ramp and the ball was caught by the lock there. The 2nd ball remained in play like nothing happened.

I saw it too. I already told Dwight.

#108 4 years ago

Just played a pro on location. Had Wall lit but couldn’t start a mode first. Is this new? I had houses available.

#109 4 years ago

Really like 1.37 though. Only got up to 12 billion with Greyjoy (8.5 bil from iron throne). Lots of new choices now.

Would still like:
“Big points” award to be increased

In Targaryen, you don’t know what the next blue shot is until after the ball reaches the flipper because of the long light show. Would be nice if the next set of shots lit up

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Just played a pro on location. Had Wall lit but couldn’t start a mode first. Is this new? I had houses available.

Was mode start lit? I bet it wasn’t. You can take modes into wall, just have to start them first.

#111 4 years ago

If you choose pass at mode start, it will be unlit untill you qualify your next house lit.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Was mode start lit? I bet it wasn’t. You can take modes into wall, just have to start them first.

Wall was ready. I had multiple modes qualified. Shot the left ramp and nothing.

#113 4 years ago

I don’t believe I passed on the mode... may have just don’t remember. I know you have to start the mode first

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

I don’t believe I passed on the mode... may have just don’t remember. I know you have to start the mode first

No you don’t. If you pass on your first chance to start a mode, you have to qualify a new mode to light the center ramp again.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No you don’t. If you pass on your first chance to start a mode, you have to qualify a new mode to light the center ramp again.

Yeah I get that, I’m just saying the mode needs to be started before the multiball. So it must’ve been that I just didn’t realize it.

#116 4 years ago

Can some check there LE/premium who updated 1.37 and see if the number still says 1.36?
I have updated a few times but the game still reads as 1.36. Downloaded both LE and premium codes and uploaded with 2 different usb sticks. Each time the update is successful but nothing changes.
Here is a video:

58C5D6A3-B734-40F6-AEB7-8B4E3CE0D9F9 (resized).jpeg58C5D6A3-B734-40F6-AEB7-8B4E3CE0D9F9 (resized).jpegD21D2F6A-4D75-4947-AF0A-311C86F415C2 (resized).jpegD21D2F6A-4D75-4947-AF0A-311C86F415C2 (resized).jpegE24189D2-2B01-485D-9F01-C17F4EF6BA08 (resized).jpegE24189D2-2B01-485D-9F01-C17F4EF6BA08 (resized).jpeg

#117 4 years ago

I just talked to Chas. I guess everyone is having problems with the update. ???

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I just talked to Chas. I guess everyone is having problems with the update. ???

Picture of mine as I was curious.

4BF87959-5C1E-4E9A-BE85-021C01597AB4 (resized).jpeg4BF87959-5C1E-4E9A-BE85-021C01597AB4 (resized).jpeg
#119 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Picture of mine as I was curious.[quoted image]

Thanks. Yeah mine definitely says 1.36. Even though the file says GOT 137 that was downloaded.

#120 4 years ago

New code is great. Thanks Stern !

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

New code is great. Thanks Stern !

Hi Thomas,

Sorry there are problems with the update. We should have a new version soon.

Best regards,

Chas Siddiqi

Stern Pinball Tech. Support

#122 4 years ago

I think the game is a lot better balanced now. Every house has it's advantage in a balanced way so it's a joy to play.
And on speech/light show level the game is really really impressive now. It already was before but got a lot better.

thank you Dwight!

#123 4 years ago

4 time now on my got pro, it says download complete. And when I reboot it still is at the original game code version, not either of the two updates.

#124 4 years ago

My update worked perfectly (pro game, EU)

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

4 time now on my got pro

My pre took 8 tries to load 1.36. Don’t give up.

1.37 was first attempt

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

My pre took 8 tries to load 1.36. Don’t give up.
1.37 was first attempt

Anything you did special the 8th time?

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Anything you did special the 8th time?

Started from scratch for the 3rd time. Different ports on my pc, different USB port in the game, Redownload the file, reformat the usb drive, ect. I think I used a usb 3.0 port for the winning go.

#128 4 years ago

After numerous attempts And no luck, I finally got a new sd card and burned the iso for 1.37 on the new card. Now I have 1.37 on the game.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

After numerous attempts And no luck, I finally got a new sd card and burned the iso for 1.37 on the new card. Now I have 1.37 on the game.

Bad (or semi-bad) SD cards seem to be one of the most common issues when the upgrades fail.

What do you think of the new version?

#130 4 years ago

Anyone know if Dwight is doing a fix. My premium has glitch with new code of locked ball going into play.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Anyone know if Dwight is doing a fix. My premium has glitch with new code of locked ball going into play.

I am seeing this some times too. Try and figure out when exactly it is happening. Mine isn’t consistent on when it’s doing it. It seems to only be after lock 1. But doesn’t happen every time.

#132 4 years ago

yup. after 1 lock. do you like the premium better than the pro version now?

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

yup. after 1 lock. do you like the premium better than the pro version now?

Jury is still deliberating.

#134 4 years ago

Wow.

#135 4 years ago

I have a pro and spent quite some time this week on a LE machine.

My thoughts:
I like the extra action with the upper playfield + multiball + some rules to boost some timers/scores in certain modes
I don't like the visibility that is taken away from left loop, center ramp and pop bumpers
I don't like the full led colour inserts (yes strange I know)
I miss the fact that the ball is held in the dragon shot (instead it's the iron throne)

So today my thought is to just keep my pro and enjoy the speed of the game

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I am seeing this some times too. Try and figure out when exactly it is happening. Mine isn’t consistent on when it’s doing it. It seems to only be after lock 1. But doesn’t happen every time.

I have had this issue a few times. I am not having balls randomly kicked into play, but rather just during Blackwater Multiball. It releases one ball at a time and if I hit the left (center) ramp twice in a row (all three balls now back behind the lock), it will just immediately dump all three.

#137 4 years ago

I am loving the treatment to Iron Throne. I made it through 5 houses this morning and only got 1.5 billion from IT. So now it makes sense to play the modes to get there and earn some real points as opposed to just rushing IT for 10+ billion points.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I figured this one out and was able to replicate it two different times last night. Playing a 2 player game (but likely the same with more than 1).
-Player 1 played blackwater multiball and thus it had cleared the locked balls from the ramp.
-Player 2 locks a ball (Ball Lock 2, but only 1 physical ball in play). A new ball is launched in to play for the selected modes (Lannister and Greyjoy if that matters).
-During the modes, player 2 makes a left ramp shot (2 locks and 2 physical balls are there with the newest one).
-At the same time the trough kicks another ball into the shooter lane and it auto-launches AND the sword releases the ball two. So the game got confused and did both actions at the same to time to release the ball back into play from the lock and tried to hold the lock and kick another ball into play. Thus player two had two balls in play at the same time.
-With two balls in play "Light Lock" was hit and the left ramp was made which started blackwater multiball. It correctly calculated balls in play and only launched on additional ball into play from the trought (3 total balls).

This was then replicated again in the very next game with different modes running. So modes don't seem to matter, just when it glitches and tries to do both actions at the same time.

@chuckwurt I will send this into Stern bugs, but if you can replicate you can pass along to Dwight as well! Thanks.

#139 4 years ago

Never seen this, but it seems related. Thanks for the help.

#140 4 years ago

so is 1.36 better than the 1.37 on the pro? or 1.37 better than the 1.36? still have 1.36 on mine.

#141 4 years ago

Update to 1.37. It’s better.

#142 4 years ago

Was expecting to get a zip file from the download but it only downloaded a single 780mb GOT-1_37_0.spk file.... is that all that's needed or should there be other files within a zip?

I have a Prem model - seems like everyone is happy with the update, just a few occasional lock ball issues. No-regrets from anyone, still better than previous code?

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from DGM142:

Was expecting to get a zip file from the download but it only downloaded a single 780mb GOT-1_37_0.spk file.... is that all that's needed or should there be other files within a zip?
I have a Prem model - seems like everyone is happy with the update, just a few occasional lock ball issues. No-regrets from anyone, still better than previous code?

It was not zipped for me. Just the 780mb file.

This is way better.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from DGM142:

1.37 is the best version, and it includes extra settings not available in 1.36 so you can choose the settings that you prefer.

#145 4 years ago

So this came up today when I turned on the game. Pressed start and no balls were put into the trough. Could this be an update issue or something else?

35DFC0A1-F9E0-4646-8808-06B5D04148D9 (resized).jpeg35DFC0A1-F9E0-4646-8808-06B5D04148D9 (resized).jpeg
#146 4 years ago

May be broken node.I would call Stern on Monday

#147 4 years ago

What exactly is a node/what does it do?

#148 4 years ago

My install didn't go well.... says successful but everything is mixed up. LEDs not displaying right, kicks ball into the lane and then when you hit flipper to select a house it fires another ball into the lane and auto plunges 2 balls into the game. You can hear something pulsing, sort of like a hard drive but I think it's the LED somehow, as it changes when they change appearance.

Ran the LAMP diagnostic and some lights aren't working (3 bank drop target and dragon blue/red.... )

Have downloaded fresh code and tried multiple different USBs (all FAT32 and I even reformatted one to be extra sure) All produce the same result. Have messaged Stern for help so just have to wait I guess.

Was waiting until the new code was well used before I installed. I have been playing the game every day for weeks and it's run flawlessly - it's going to be tough waiting this out.

#149 4 years ago

I'm such an egg.... didn't even see there were different versions after the readme file. Installing the Pro version on your Premium ain't a good thing.

All working well now.

Thanks to those that emailed me

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

So this came up today when I turned on the game. Pressed start and no balls were put into the trough. Could this be an update issue or something else?[quoted image]

Be absolutely certain you loaded the correct code to your game. Do that before you try to fix anything else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-got-code-136/page/3?hl=skyrex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.