* STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* (C) COPYRIGHT 2007 - 2019 STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* Game of Thrones *
HELP US, HELP YOU! If you have any suggestions, questions, need technical
advice, find errors or have comments, contact us through our website:
or call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to
report any software problems.
This text file and all other documents relating to this product, playfield
components, features, rules, programming and operation are subject to
change without notice (Service Bulletins, if applicable, will be available
through our website).
This code release is in zip format. The zip file downloaded will need
to be unzipped before installing on a USB stick.
1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains SPK file(s).
3 - Open folder, copy only the file(s) to the root level of a USB stick. Do
not copy the folder.
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update
8 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
9 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.
LE/PREMIUM V1.36 - July 14th, 2019
- Added a lamp effect when a playfield multiplier is lit.
- Added a lamp effect when a house is lit.
- Added flasher and sound effects to the sword lock eject sequence during
- Added Adjustment for new ACTION BUTTON ACTIONs. There are two choices:
EACH HOUSE SEPARATE - Each of the 6 houses you can choose to be have
something interesting they can do:
TARGARYEN - Freeze all timers for a few seconds
STARK - Once per ball kill one mode with a DIRE WOLF. Collect a
MARTELL - Once per ball add-a-ball in Multiball
BARATHEON - Once per ball light both outlanes for Lord of Light for
a few seconds
TYRELL - Once per ball Iron Bank (now worth more)
LANNISTER - Spend 1000+ Gold to buy the next playfield multiplier
GREYJOY - None at start, The button ability of the last house
they have completed.
IRON BANK - The old Iron Bank rule but now with higher scores.
- Defaults to EACH HOUSE SEPARATE.
- You can only have one button ability at a time. If you steal one or buy
one your previous one is displaced.
- If set to EACH HOUSE SEPARATE the button will blink with the following new
colors. The button will be off when nothing is available:
- Start a game
- Choose your house
- Entering your Initials
- Launch the ball
- Choose your battle
- Video mode attack
- Choose Items to purchase
- All House abilities in the color of the house
- Stark, Martell, Baratheon, and Tyrell can only be used once per ball.
- If you have two houses stacked and you have the Stark button ability,
the house that is completed will be the top house in the selection pair.
If you don't remember which was the top house in the selection list, the
house that will be completed is the house on the left in the background
with two flags.
- Added 3 Button Abilities to Mystery. You can now buy the Baratheon,
Lannister, or Martell button abilities.
- Added Baratheon house ability. If you are Baratheon, or Greyjoy and you have
completed House Baratheon. The left 3-bank will advance you toward Wall
Multiball when it is completed.
- Added Adjustment to start the game from the action button. This will default
to YES. The Action Button will start a game by default.
- Added audits for LORD OF LIGHT.
- Added Choosing Targaryen as your house.
- Spots all of the Targaryen modes completed.
- Button ability is to freeze all timers for 20 seconds.
- Added Targaryen Champion in the attract mode
- Added sound, lamp, and speech effects to ARCHERS, CHARGE, BREACH
- Added House Mode completion when you collect the Castle Award. The mode will
immediately end and you will receive bonus points.
- Added an adjustment to force all players to the same house. The choices will
be PLAYERS CHOICE (default), TARGARYEN, STARK, BARATHEON, LANNISTER, GREYJOY,
TYRELL, MARTELL, and RANDOM. PLAYERS CHOICE (default) will allow all players
to choose separately, like normal.
- Added RANDOM as a choice when selecting your house. If you select RANDOM the
game will choose which house you will be randomly.
- Added a new Castle Corner rule:
- On the upper playfield, the first time the ball goes through the
right return lane, the top left corner will light for a few seconds.
- If you shoot the corner before the light times-out the game will spot
the next level you need on the path to CASTLE MULTIBALL. IE. ARCHERS,
- This is only available once per ball.
- Added a few speech calls from the show.
- The display effect for increasing the playfield multiplier
now indicates the new level (2X, 3X, etc.)
- Improved the reliability of the sword lockup device.
- Increased the values of Iron Bank. It's now very worth it if your playfield
multiplier is > 2X.
- Increased all the gold that House Lannister receives (or Greyjoy after they
stole the Lannister abilities):
- Game Start - now 750, was 500, normal 100
- New gold Target - now 125, was 30, normal 15
- Old gold Target - now 15, was 5, normal 5
- Gold Targets Complete - now 750, was 450, normal 250
- Top Lanes Complete - now 225, was 35, normal 135
- Pict-O-Pops - now 750, was 300, normal 150
- Ball Lock - now 350, was 150, normal 75
- Completing House Lannister - now 500, was 0, normal 250
- Reduced the default volume from 33 to 20
- Moved turning Advance Play on, when the game is set to casual mode, to the
right flipper button. Now hold the right flipper button to enable ADVANCE
PLAY for three seconds. The Action button will no longer do this.
- Changed the scoring for the spinner. There are now nine levels instead of
- You can only increase the level of your spinner up to how many house
modes you have completed plus one.
- When the spinner value is increased the value grows based on what
level your spinner is at. Each level grows the spinner faster.
- Each ball the spinner starts a level one.
- Completing the three bank of targets bumps you to the next level.
- Each drop target hit increases the value of the spinner.
- Hitting the battering ram sometimes also increases the value of the
- Increased the ball save times for 3 multiballs: Iron Throne, Wall, and Hand
of the King.
- The full screen BARATHEON battle display was updated to indicate when the
left drop target final shots are available.
- Enhanced the display effect for lighting houses.
- Enhanced display effects during WINTER HAS COME MULTIBALL.
- Changed the timer for selecting which house mode to play. It will start at
three seconds. Each button press will add eight seconds. The timer will max
out at 20 seconds.
- Increased how many seconds are added back to the playfield multipliers when
you hit the battering ram.
- Increased the max number of seconds the playfield multipliers last before
timing out. Hitting the Battering Ram can now give more time than it starts
- Changed the add-a-ball display effect from the Martell button ability to
read MARTELL - ADD A BALL instead of IRON BANK -> ADD A BALL.
- Greatly increased the score values of Castle Multiball
- Increased the score values of Castle Award
- Improved the choreography of Castle Multiball
- Removed the frenzy nature from Castle Multiball. The scoring on each sw was
too noisy and distracted from the main goals of the multiball.
- Increased the scores for Iron Throne.
- Increased the score for Baratheon House Mode and shorted the timer.
- Added a couple seconds to the House Greyjoy Timer.
- PICT-O-POPS will no longer award INCREASE WALL JACKPOT while WALL
MULTIBALL is running.
- Removed key lamps during large playfield engulfing lamp effects. You will be
able to see if shoot again is blinking during most of the large effects now.
- WINTER IS COMING was being advanced on shots when it
- During the second Targaryen dragon, sometimes the hurry up value
would get miscalculated, causing scores ending in nonzero values.
- A purchased SUPER JACKPOT wasn't being awarded correctly during
- Grace periods during BLACKWATER MULTIBALL were not always
- Improved CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE's reliability. Also, only display the
instructions once per player.
- Fixed misspelling of "WILDFIRE" in PICTO-POPS.
- Removed AD_START_GAME_ON_CREDIT functionality from the game because it now
exists in the system.
- During HAND OF THE KING MULTIBALL (or when playing as TYRELL), rolling thru
a lit return lane no longer displays "+1 COMBO MULTIPLIERS" if it's already
at its maximum.
- Fixed INSTALL EXTRA EASY menu option. It should now install correctly.
- MYSTERY was sometimes offering LIGHT SWORDS when it was not available to
- MYSTERY and PICT-O-POPS were sometimes awarding LIGHT EXTRA BALL and
SPECIAL when there were none available to award.
- Completing a mode could light EXTRA BALL when there were none available
- During BATTLE FOR THE WALL MULTIBALL, sometimes the ball saver would run
for an extended period of time.
- Sometimes the time allowed for CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE was not as long as it
- Video mode collision detect fixed.
- Fixed LORD OF LIGHT handling. The save effects and INSTANT INFO were
sometimes indicating LORD OF LIGHT was in effect when it wasn't.
- Fixed Bonus Held. It will now only give an extra bonus if on the last ball
and you do not have an extra ball.
Moved to SYSTEM 2.31 -
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.49.0
- Added Service Menu selection UTIL->ENDGAME. This selection is only
available when there is an active game. When selected the operator will
be prompted to confirm that they wish to end the current game. Once
confirmed and upon exiting the Service Menu, the game will be in attract
- Added Standard Adjustment "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME". Values are:
"NEVER", "FREE PLAY ONLY", and "ALWAYS". Default value is "NEVER".
During an active game, if the LEFT FLIPPER+START BUTTONs are held for
two seconds, the game will be ended.
- Added Standard Audit "TOTAL PLAYS ENDED", which will track the number of
times a game is ended via the Service Menu or FLIPPER+START BUTTONs.
- Added Standard Adjustment "CREDIT FORMAT". Values are:
"ACTUAL FRACTION" and "REDUCED FRACTION". Default value is "REDUCED
For a USA coin door when inserting three quarters:
"REDUCED FRACTION" would display "1/4", "1/2", "3/4"
"ACTUAL FRACTION" would display "1/4", "2/4", "3/4"
- Updated Italian translation of "ENTER INITIALS" to "INSERISCI LE TUE
- Added UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their
- Append (MAX) to the credit message if the number of credits equals
the CREDIT LIMIT adjustment.
- Added Standard Adjustment #57 "PRICING FORMAT". Values are:
"STANDARD", "MINIMAL", "STD W/ MONETARY SYMBOL", and "MIN W/ MONETARY
"MINIMAL" will replace consecutive identical coin/credit increments
"MONETARY SYMBOL" will add the leading or trail monetary symbol appropriate
for the currency is use. For CUSTOM PRICING this can be TOKEN, COIN,
SWIPE, or TAP.
USA 13 (as opposed to the current active GAME PRICING) is used to
demonstrate the effects of the different options in the Service Menu as
there is a difference between STANDARD and MINIMAL formatting. (and there
may not be in the current active pricing).
STANDARD - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/1.00 2/2.00 3/3.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/0.50 2/1.00 4/1.50
MINIMAL - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/1.00 .. 7/5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/0.50 .. 4/1.50
STD W/ MONETARY SYMBOL - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/$1.00 2/$2.00
3/$3.00 4/$4.00 7/$5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/$0.50 2/$1.00
MIN W/ MONETARY SYMBOL - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/$1.00 .. 7/$5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/$0.50 .. 4/$1.50
- Updated Custom Pricing Editor to display using Pricing Format. Use <BACK and
NEXT> to select the pricing and EDIT to change the Pricing Format. The
Pricing Format adjustment will also be updated upon EXIT.
- Updated TechAlert switch numbering to be consistent with the game manuals.
- Updated Custom Pricing Editor - Uses button navigation to select and edit
fields. Use <BACK and NEXT> to select the "CREDIT" or "AT:" field and
EDIT to change their value. RESET has the options of setting the
custom price to the FACTORY default or CURRENT pricing as a starting
point for creating the custom price. RESET can also CLEAR the custom price
to create one from scratch. Use EXIT to save and install the custom
price. Added support to specify money format descriptions for: country
monetary symbol ("$", "EUR", etc), "TOKEN", "COIN", and "SWIPE".
- Updated Custom Coin Door Editor - RESET has the options of setting the
custom coin door to the FACTORY default or CURRENT settings as a starting
point for creating the custom coin door. RESET can also CLEAR the custom
coin door to create one from scratch. Added error message when attempting
to EXIT when the custom coin door is not valid (UNITS PER PULSE is zero or
all coin switches have zero PULSES set).
- Updated Pricing Table:
- Updated Australia 5 from "1/$2.00, 2/$5.00, 5/$10.00 AU" to "1/$2.00 AU,
- Removed Australia 7 "1/$2.00, 3/$4.00, 4/$5.00 AU"
- Removed Italy 1 "1/EUR 0.50"
- Removed Italy 2 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00"
- Added New Zealand 3 "1/$2 NZ, 2/$3 NZ"
- Updated Switzerland 2 from "1/1 SwF, 3/2 SwF, 5/3 SwF, 7/4 SwF, 9/5 SwF" to
"1/2 SwF, 2/4 SwF, 3/5 SwF"
- Removed Switzerland 3 "1/2 SwF, 3/5 SwF"
- Updated UK 1 from "3/1.00 GBP, 7/2.00 GBP" to "1/2.00 GBP"
- Updated UK 2 from "4/1.00 GBP" to "1/1.00 GBP"
- Removed UK 6 "3/2.00 GBP"
- Removed Portugal "1/EUR 0.50"
- Removed Germany 1 "1/EUR 0.50"
- Removed Germany 2 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 5/EUR 2.00"
- Removed Germany 3 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 6/EUR 2.00"
- Removed Euro 4 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 6/EUR 2.00"
- Removed Euro 5 "1/EUR 0.50, 3/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 1.50, 7/EUR 2.00"
- Removed Euro 6 "2/EUR 0.50"
- Renamed Euro 7 to Euro 4 "1/EUR 1.00, 2/EUR 2.00, 3/EUR 3.00, 5/EUR 4.00"
- Renamed Euro 8 to Euro 5 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00"
- Renamed Euro 9 to Euro 6 "1/EUR 1.00, 2/EUR 1.50, 3/EUR 2.00"
- Renamed Euro 10 to Euro 7 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00, 7/EUR 3.00"
- Renamed Euro 11 to Euro 8 "1/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 2.00"
- Renamed Euro 12 to Euro 9 "2/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 2.00, 6/EUR 3.00, 9/EUR 4.00"
- Removed USA 4 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 1, Right 1,
4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
- Removed USA 6 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 6, Right 1,
4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
- NOTE: USA 3 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 4, Right 1,
4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0" remains unchanged
- Updated Austria default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Belgium default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Finland default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated France default pricing to Euro 7
- Updated Germany default pricing to Euro 2 and Euro Coin Door
- Updated Greece default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Italy default pricing to Euro 5 and Euro Coin Door
- Updated Netherlands default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Portugal default pricing to Euro 1 and Euro Coin Door
- Updated Spain default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Switzerland default pricing to Switzerland 1
- Added UTIL->SAVE and UTIL->LOAD which save and restore all game settings
to/from a USB thumbdrive.
When restoring the settings to the SAME MACHINE, you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL SETTINGS"
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY HIGH SCORES"
"RESTORE ONLY AUDITS"
When using the saved settings with another machine of the SAME TITLE and
MODEL (for example settings file created on a DeadPool Pro and restoring
to a different DeadPool Pro)
you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS"
When using the saved settings with another machine of a DIFFERENT TITLE or
MODEL (for example settings file created on a DeadPool Pro and restoring
to a Munsters Pro)
you can only choose to restore:
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the Standard Adjustments listed below
and all Feature Adjustments.
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the following Standard
Custom Coin Door
"FREE GAME LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL PERCENTAGE"
"BALLS PER GAME"
"START GAME ON CREDIT"
"FLIPPER BALL LAUNCH"
"COINDOOR BALL SAVER"
"ALLOW HIGH SCORES"
"HIGH SCORE AWARD"
"GRAND CHAMPION AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #1 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #2 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #3 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #4 AWARDS"
"HSTD RESET COUNT"
"COIN INPUT DELAY"
"LOST BALL RECOVERY"
"COIN DOOR DISABLE TILT"
"PLAYER LANGUAGE SELECT"
"PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS"
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"SERVICE MENU B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
Games will now persist ALL SETTINGS after a software update. This
functionality will be available in the game release AFTER the release which
uses system 2.24.
- Correct the delay between multiple Q24 knocker requests. Previously the
knocks would happen too rapidly and sound like a single loud knock. Now
there will be a 3/4 second delay between knocks. If the sound effect
knocker is also enabled, it will be synchronized with the Q24 knocker.
- Updated COIN DOOR EDITOR to display the selected settings and whether they
are the FACTORY default or CUSTOM configuration.
- Added Custom Coin Door Editor.
You can specify the UNITS PER PULSE for the base coin and the number of
PULSES generated by each coin switch (left, center, right, 4th, 5th,
6th). The UNITS have a range of 1 to 10000 and PULSES have a range of 0
to 100. For example the USA coin door has a UNIT of 25 and the left and
right slots generate 1 PULSE and the center slot (the DBV) generates four
PULSES. The coin mechanisms accept quarters and the DBV dollars.
Therefore, the UNIT is 25 (for 25 cents) and the left and right generate
1 PULSE for a single quarter and the center slot generates 4 PULSES for a
dollar bill being four quarters.
If Standard Adjustment "Game Pricing" is changed to a selection with
different UNITS PER PULSE than the active CUSTOM coin door, the custom
coin door will be reset to the factory default for that Game Pricing
- Added system adjustment for Spike 2 games when a headphone kit is installed:
"MUTE KNOCKER IF HP DETECTED" - will not play replay knocker sound when
headphones are in use. Default value is NO (not muted).
"DISABLE Q24 KNOCK IF HP DETECTED" - will not fire Q24 knocker coil when
headphones are in use. Default value is NO (not disabled).
- DIAG->NODE->BRD->Overcurrent Test now displays Drive/Coil and Light/LED
description instead of device address.
- Added LIFETIME count to Standard Audit #16 "Total Plays".
- Added JAPAN_3 Coinage 1/YEN 200.
- Added attract mode tutorial videos for inserting coins, pressing
start button, using ball plunger, and flipper buttons.
- Added UTIL->VOL adjustments for minimum and maximum master volume level and
minimum and maximum headphones volume level.
This will limit the selectable volume range from the service menu Plus and
Minus keys and the headphones rotary dial.
- Added support for 6th coin switch.
- Added UTIL->VOL adjustments speaker balance, backbox speaker type, and
cabinet speaker type for Spike 1 games.
- When entering UTIL->VOL, the first sub-menu adjustment is selected, previous
behavior would select the last displayed sub-menu adjustment.
- Added Standard Adjustment "START GAME ON CREDIT". Settings are:
- "OFF" - Do not automatically start a game or add a player when inserted
money registers a credit.
- "FIRST ONLY" - Automatically start a game when inserted money registers a
- "ALL CREDITS" - Automatically start a game or add a player when inserted
money registers a credit
- Adding multiple credits simultaneously, via a bill acceptor, will only
start a one player game or add a single player.
- Default setting is "OFF"
- Removed unused obsolete Standard Adjustments: "FLASH LAMP POWER", "COIL
PULSE POWER", "BILL VALIDATOR", "TEAM SCORES", and "CONSOLATION BALL".
- Removed Standard Adjustments: "COIN DOOR BALL SAVE", "COIN DOOR DISABLE
TILT", "COIN DOOR OPEN NODE BUS POWER" from games which do not have a coin
door interlock switch.
- Added USA_13 Coinage 1/$1.00, 7/$5.00
- Added bass frequency filter selection options: 125Hz, 250Hz, and disabled.
- Added treble frequency filter selection options: 4kHz, 8kHz, and disabled.
- Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu
UTIL->VOL. Supported speaker types are "8 OHM" and "4 OHM".
The amplifier power curve is appropriately adjusted for the selected speaker
- Extend TIMED PLUNGER adjustment range to DISABLED or 1 - 300 seconds
- Correct minimum firing time for flipper coil when an EOS switch is
inconsistent or poorly gapped
- Improved LED refresh rate and blink consistency.
- Improved reporting of shorted General Illumination bulbs and sockets.
- Added AD_TILT_DEBOUNCE adjustment. Number of ms to debounce tilt bob.
Minimum value of 750ms, maximum value of 1500ms, and default value of 1000ms
- Added adjustments for backbox speaker bass/treble, cabinet speaker
bass/treble, and cabinet/backbox speaker balance to service menu
UTIL->VOL. Speaker balance allows lowering the volume level of
cabinet speaker or backbox speakers vs. the other.
- Added USA_12 Coinage 1/$0.25, 5/$1.00
- Added audit for total number of one, two, three, and four players games
that have been played.
- Added Node Bus Communication test to diag menu
- Added adjustment for "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
- Renamed "BACKBOX BRIGHTNESS" to "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
- Updated Norway coin door to 1/5/10/20 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Updated Sweden coin door to 1/5/10/2 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Added Sweden 3 credit pricing 1 credit for 10 Kr by default
- At boot a LOCATING NODE BOARDS message will display if a required node
board is not discovered, previously it would incorrectly state UPDATING
NODE BOARD and UPDATE FAILED. The node board number(s) of missing boards
will be displayed and updated as boards are found.
- Added China currency and pricing support
- Added support for eWallet pseudo ticket dispenser device.