New GoT code

By KLR2014

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#2 8 years ago

Again? Good, I hope it addresses the reset and display glitching issues!

Edit- there's something about addressing a reset issue in 1.13, from Oct 31st. Was this a public update?

#3 8 years ago

V1.15 - November 2, 2015
==========================
- Default adjustments changed to reduce free game percentage
- Special Percentage and Extra Ball Percentage are tested before awarding from Mystery and pop bumpers
- Fixed issue: "Dump Audits" menu was non-responsive if no USB Memory Stick was inserted
- Save credits, adjustments, and audits immediately after Match completes
- Game Code Update
- At machine startup, if a USB flash drive is found that contains
any files that match *.spk or *.SPK, launch the Game Code Update application.
- Added sounds for "USB Device Inserted", "Update Complete", and "Update Unsuccessful"
- Perform a full factory reset immediately after successful code update
- Improved handling of USB read errors during game code update
- USB Game Update option removed from Utility Menu. Game updates should be performed
using the steps described above in "PINBALL GAME SOFTWARE UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS".
- Display "RESTARTING GAME" when game is restarted in software (for example, after a Factory Reset)
- Brightened Stern boot logo

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Again? Good, I hope it addresses the reset and display glitching issues!
Edit- there's something about addressing a reset issue in 1.13, from Oct 31st. Was this a public update?

Buffalo Billiards has the new code that fixes the reset now.

#5 8 years ago

Just curious for those that have seen it...Does this code just fix resets or does it anything to rules?

#6 8 years ago

I am still on v1.10. I didnt see the 10/31 update. Here are the changes for that:

V1.13 - October 31, 2015
- Addressed reset issues.
- Improvements to Iron Throne
- Do not pause game timers when multiball is running.
- Note: "Casual Play" can be disabled by changing GOT Feature Adjustment #4 "CASUAL PLAYER MODE" to "NO".
- Note: Redemption is disabled in this build.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

V1.15 - November 2, 2015
- Brightened Stern boot logo

I'm so happy they added this in the code. Such a needed and noteworthy improvement.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Just curious for those that have seen it...Does this code just fix resets or does it anything to rules?

As noted in the readme, just a change to the "game timers." I'm assuming this means the mode timers? Don't have one of my own to confirm. If so, that's not an insignificant change -- because prior to 1.13, the mode timers must have behaved like Monster Bash, virtually guaranteeing that you complete whatever mode you had running prior to starting a MB.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

As noted in the readme, just a change to the "game timers." I'm assuming this means the mode timers? Don't have one of my own to confirm. If so, that's not an insignificant change -- because prior to 1.13, the mode timers must have behaved like Monster Bash, virtually guaranteeing that you complete whatever mode you had running prior to starting a MB.

Actually, I think it's the opposite. Many times I started a mode and started a MB and found the MB ended without the mode being completed.

#10 8 years ago

Oh good, so glad the reset fix is public. Played this significantly at a comp in Australia last weekend and had it reset three times on me out of about 7 games (and witnessed it reboot another three or four). Sad that it was released in such a state.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Shaneus:

Played this significantly at a comp in Australia last weekend and had it reset three times on me out of about 7 games (and witnessed it reboot another three or four). Sad that it was released in such a state.

Man sorry to hear that! The free play GOT Pro's at expo did not seem to have this issue. I wonder why?

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Man sorry to hear that! The free play GOT Pro's at expo did not seem to have this issue. I wonder why?

How would you know? It is very intermittent and fast. If it resets, it just ends the game and you hit start again immediately. I'm sure the one at expo was resetting a couple times throughout the event.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

How would you know? It is very intermittent and fast. If it resets, it just ends the game and you hit start again immediately. I'm sure the one at expo was resetting a couple times throughout the event.

The one outside reset day one then had new code dropped and I never saw it happen again. I was on that game every day for hours. A good $50 bucks worth of play.
Inside they had several set up and I never saw those reset.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

The one outside reset day one then had new code dropped and I never saw it happen again. I was on that game every day for hours. A good $50 bucks worth of play.
Inside they had several set up and I never saw those reset.

That doesn't mean anything. Mine goes several days without resetting.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Quoted from markmon:

I'm sure the one at expo was resetting a couple times throughout the event.

#16 8 years ago

Wow. Thread has blown up since it started one day ago. We already have 16 postings.

I hope this game does sell well for Stern.
I'll get to try the Pro at the Houston Arcade Expo next week.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So are you assuming that all/most GOT Pro machines do this? Did you consider the possibility that there is an issue with your and some other's GOT Pros but it is not a widespread phenomenon? I put a ton of plays on the GOT Pros inside the expo and not once did I see one reset while I was playing or in line. So that is what I have to go on.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Wow. Thread has blown up since it started one day ago. We already have 16 postings.
I hope this game does sell well for Stern.
I'll get to try the Pro at the Houston Arcade Expo next week.

You'll enjoy it -- I think. I'm digging it. Shoots well, plays fast, lots of great choices that you can make for strategic gameplay, and great risk/reward element in all the combo and playfield multipliers.

#19 8 years ago

FWIW I think the resetting is to do with a sequence of modes that are started in a certain order, it doesn't pick up a ball that's been locked (or thinks one has but hasn't) and it gets confused. And if one wasn't watching the game intently, a reset could be easily missed... the GI didn't cut out or anything, just the display resets and the flippers die.

To Stern's credit though, the boot sequence is VERY quick

Glad to hear it's fixed though. Just couldn't understand how it happened quite frequently to us but didn't get noticed all that much at Expo (though I do remember them mentioning it during the PAPA stream, I should re-watch it).

#20 8 years ago

The Lunch party games had a reset bug in them at expo.

#21 8 years ago

So are you assuming that all/most GOT Pro machines do this? Did you consider the possibility that there is an issue with your and some other's GOT Pros but it is not a widespread phenomenon? I put a ton of plays on the GOT Pros inside the expo and not once did I see one reset while I was playing or in line. So that is what I have to go on.

Yea. We got three of them and all do it intermittently. It's not a problem with the game. It's a fairly reprucible phenomenon. It happens only when the game thinks a ball should be in mode select but is somehow loose.

hwawonyu: thanks for pasting what I said above but if you think it made a point, it didn't. I'm sure you didn't spend the entire time at expo for 4 days standing by monitoring if the GoT reset or not. Intermittent problems can occur when you're not around. So it's great you didn't notice it happening. Means nothing. Further, even if you were nearby, it's not like a Williams reset where the game goes back into testing. Instead it's super fast and the game is ready to press start again instantly.

#22 8 years ago

It made the point that you are talking in circles.
And I said I saw a game reset so you can stop telling us what we did or did not see.
So on one hand it can take days yet you are sure they reset all the time.
How did we miss you at the show..

#23 8 years ago

Has anyone seen a reset in V1.15 ?

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

plus 1, the most relevant thing I've seen in months here.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Actually, I think it's the opposite. Many times I started a mode and started a MB and found the MB ended without the mode being completed.

Correct.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Any Reports . Waiting on purchase till reset issue is 100% fixed. Thanks for feed back .

#27 8 years ago

Ours got played a bunch Wednesday night for a launch party and 0 reset issues. Seems like they fixed it

#28 8 years ago

No issues to report here, with loads of play. We love it

#29 8 years ago

Does GOT have jackpot call-outs? I haven't heard any on the game-play videos.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiz83:

Does GOT have jackpot call-outs? I haven't heard any on the game-play videos.

Not voices only sound effects right now. The super jackpot one is great.

#31 8 years ago

Dies anyone know how to beat house targaryen? I start this and get a bunch of blue arrows to shoot for hurry ups. Then the dragon lights. I hit that to do some damage and other blue arrows light. Pretty soon it gets to a point where nothing is lit, the "drogon" has about half life, and it keeps flapping forever with no apparent way to progress or time out the mode.

#32 8 years ago

Robert completes the mode in this video on the LE. Starting at around the 50 minute mark. There are a bunch of hurry up countdowns that must be hit. 3 to defeat the first dragon (then hit the dragon shot), 3 for the second, and a bunch for the last dragon who has a health bar.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Dies anyone know how to beat house targaryen? I start this and get a bunch of blue arrows to shoot for hurry ups. Then the dragon lights. I hit that to do some damage and other blue arrows light. Pretty soon it gets to a point where nothing is lit, the "drogon" has about half life, and it keeps flapping forever with no apparent way to progress or time out the mode.

Yes, I've beaten it. From the point you described, I think it was a final shot to the dragon, if I recall correctly.
I'm guessing you've already figured this out, but you have to play that house 3 times (to defeat each of the three dragons).

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Yes, I've beaten it. From the point you described, I think it was a final shot to the dragon, if I recall correctly.
I'm guessing you've already figured this out, but you have to play that house 3 times (to defeat each of the three dragons).

I have beaten Targaryen before and it was difficult, but the last time I played it on the newest code it seemed even more so. The 3rd round just kept going on forever it seemed. Not sure if something changed in it during the code updates, but I beat it on 1.10, 1.13 but still haven't beat it on 1.15. After you beat it, Iron Throne is a fun wizard mode now that it works. Worth a lot of points.

#35 8 years ago

Ok I am on v1.10 and ive gotten past the three stages. Then it goes to a point where nothing is lit. I've shot the dragon at least 10 times but it doesn't progress or lower the health bar at that stage. It feels like a game breaking bug. I'm going to try 1.15.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Ok I am on v1.10 and ive gotten past the three stages. Then it goes to a point where nothing is lit. I've shot the dragon at least 10 times but it doesn't progress or lower the health bar at that stage. It feels like a game breaking bug. I'm going to try 1.15.

Iron Throne is started on the middle ramp if you beat all the other houses. You could start it in 1.10 but it would lock up the game. You would be in the mode, but nothing would score points (besides adding to bonus X) and you could never get out of it. If you did it on ball 2, when you started ball 3 you would still be stuck in it. 1.13 the wizard mode played great.

#37 8 years ago

can't wait to check out the new video mode dots, does anybody have a youtube video of it yet? I think it's great that they've implemented a video mode, and you have the option to play or not.

#38 8 years ago

New video mode dots? I wasn't aware that they had been updated. In their current form they pretty much suck.

I did get to put some games on 1.15 today. Got my new high score of 1.9B. This game is already good. It's gonna be great.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

New video mode dots? I wasn't aware that they had been updated. In their current form they pretty much suck.
I did get to put some games on 1.15 today. Got my new high score of 1.9B. This game is already good. It's gonna be great.

There isn't new mode dots yet. At this point it isn't worth looking at, let alone even playing, point wise or graphics wise. That should change.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

There isn't new mode dots yet

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I wasn't aware that they had been updated

hmm, I had thought I read it was updated in a newer code. thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-got-code and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.