(Topic ID: 141567)

New Godzilla and King Kong Movies Coming Bring on the Pins

By NicToria

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

King Kong and Godzilla: Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures Announce Future Monster Film Lineup
    Warner Bros. announced the monster franchise deal on Wednesday. The companies are set to release films “Kong: Skull Island” in 2017, “Godzilla 2” in 2018 and “Godzilla Vs. Kong” in 2020.

#2 8 years ago

I thought the working title was "Kong II: Pacific Boogaloo."

#3 8 years ago

Really dumb question...but could Stern re-run a Data East game if they wanted to?

I mean, King Kong was a DE game that never made it past prototype...could Stern resurrect it?

Pete

#4 8 years ago

The sad thing is this means there will be no Pacific Rim 2 in the near future and may never be Hell Boy 3 ever (which was already in doubt).

#5 8 years ago

Huge Godzilla fan but I hate the US version of the monster....too lizard like. I hope they take his look back to his Gojira roots.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from NicToria:

“Godzilla 2” in 2018

Did I miss a recent Godzilla remake?

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Did I miss a recent Godzilla remake?

Yes you did and it was good.

I would love a King Kong pin. A lot of people have listed Jaws as a theme of choice and for me King Kong would be the equivalent.

I just had another idea. Base a pin on the Universal Studios tour, then you get Kong and Jaws in the same pin.

#8 8 years ago

Hopefully they get a new director for King Kong, because that last one by Peter Jackson sucked more than a child's sleepover with Michael Jackson.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Hopefully they get a new director for King Kong, because that last one by Peter Jackson sucked more than a child's sleepover with Michael Jackson.
    » YouTube video

I agree. It was a very bloated film. My favorite though is the much maligned '76 King Kong. I saw it when I was a kid and loved it to death.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

My favorite though is the much maligned '76 King Kong. I saw it when I was a kid and loved it to death.

MMMM Jessica Lange.......but how can you have a King Kong movie with out the ape ice skating??????

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

MMMM Jessica Lange.......but how can you have a King Kong movie with out the ape ice skating??????

Someday Vid, I will shake your hand but hopefully it won't be after you've watched '76 Kong.

#12 8 years ago

O'man .......looks like I may have missed the boat on selling my KK for the "big banana's".
    1976 KK was the best of them all. Too bad they remake so many movies now a days.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Yes you did and it was good.
    I would love a King Kong pin. A lot of people have listed Jaws as a theme of choice and for me King Kong would be the equivalent.
    I just had another idea. Base a pin on the Universal Studios tour, then you get Kong and Jaws in the same pin.

The Kong vs T-Rex fight was fun though.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-godzilla-and-king-kong-movies-coming-bring-on-the-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.