Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by calvin12
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1060111.JPG
    P1060115.JPG
    PINKball.jpg
    WHITEball.jpg
    ORANGEball.jpg
    GREENball.jpg
    BLUEball.jpg
    GIDball.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from coz6:

I'll take two blue and two orange - Tron you got another mod coming.

I've played Tron with four VND glo-balls. It's pretty crazy, but quite fun!

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Also, on the site it states "These are not GID but they do reflect light ...

But they also state:

Pinballs glow in the dark only after being exposed to a light source that charges the balls. The longer the ball is exposed to a light source, the longer it glows.

So which is it? Do they glow, or don't they?

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from BSavage:

There is ONE ball that is GID. The color balls (the one's with the color call outs) are all fluorescent.

Thanks for the clarification!

2 months later
    #74 10 years ago

They look great, and they play nice. Unfortunately, I can't endorse this product. I put four orange ones in my Tron. After less than 20 games, they were scuffed up really bad, slightly pitted, and the coating was starting to crack. I had no choice but to remove the balls from the game, as I didn't want the rough surface to damage the playfield. You can clearly see in the second photo how the ball started splitting at the seam ...

P1060115.JPGP1060115.JPG
    P1060111.JPGP1060111.JPG

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I can't see it?

You can't see it splitting? There is a line where it is splitting right down the middle.

Quoted from goatdan:

The fact that these are a non-metallic substance means that they wouldn't scratch your playfield. If there is splitting, that's an issue, but again - none of that wear looks anything different than what the wear looks like from a VND game, which is what these were intended for most of all, or so I believe.

As VND replacement balls, they are probably fine. Based on my experience, this is the only use I would recommend them for.

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from tonycip:

dumb question whats VND??

Viper Night Drivin'

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/viper-night-drivin

The game is unique because it incorporates built-in UV lighting and special "glo-balls".

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

I still want some as a novelty, particularly with guests.

If you're going to buy them, I think that's the way to use them. Just stick them in when guests come over.

#87 10 years ago
    Quoted from mufcmufc:

The three sets I got all had a line around them, surely it's where the two halves are joined together rather than them splitting?

It's definitely the seam where the two halves are joined together, but I don't recall seeing the line there when I first bought them. Perhaps I didn't pay close enough attention.

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

... the auto-launcher is two small points kicking the ball out, that is a likely culprit for the damage.

I hadn't thought of that. If it was indeed the auto-launcher that damaged the balls, they might have fared better in a different game.

#98 10 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

Gweem, were those the glow in the darks or the florescent?

Mine are florescent orange. I have no experience with the glow in the dark ones.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-glow-in-the-dark-pinballs?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.