You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150302_171836.jpg
20141210_183135.jpg
20150302_181434.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Wow.... what a difference new glass makes. .. freaking awesome.

20150302_181434.jpg20150302_181434.jpg
#2 9 years ago

/cue Neo comment about glass

#3 9 years ago

new glass is a cheap way to make your game pop. I treat my games to glass as a welcome home gift

#4 9 years ago

Frax, you lost me on that one??

#5 9 years ago

yep. cheapest upgrade out there! New glass on every game in my gameroom

#6 9 years ago

Where do you guys get new cheap glass for pins?
I'm hoping to get some local to me. Birmingham,AL.
Thanks

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Where do you guys get new cheap glass for pins?
I'm hoping to get some local to me. Birmingham,AL.
Thanks

Call around with measurements and you should be able to find a tempered glass quote under $30 each for sure and sometime around $15 a sheet

#8 9 years ago

Local glass supply house, $55. 43X21 3/16 thick tempered. Here is a picture of my original glad all scratched to hell. I think the guy before me used the pin as a parts counter in his garage.

20141210_183135.jpg20141210_183135.jpg
#9 9 years ago

I put new glass on all machines. Still have about 4-5 sheets from the last order waiting for soon to be new to me machines

#10 9 years ago

Just put new glass on my F-14 and T2 today. Made the world of a difference. I managed to find some locally at a good price. Should have done it a long time ago.

20150302_171836.jpg20150302_171836.jpg

#11 9 years ago

I have no excuse being 45 minutes away from PinballLife. I wonder if it's easy to give old glass away. I would hate to just throw it out.

#12 9 years ago

Make a video on what happens when you break the glass and how fun it is to clean up, and also how you find pieces months later.

Quoted from floyd1977:

I have no excuse being 45 minutes away from PinballLife. I wonder if it's easy to give old glass away. I would hate to just throw it out.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from rkstarcher:

Frax, you lost me on that one??

Search for invisiglass or PDI threads and you'll likely find Neo's viewpoint on price/performance ratio.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I offered my old out to our league, have had like 30 sheets at least go that way, rather than the dump.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Make a video on what happens when you break the glass and how fun it is to clean up, and also how you find pieces months later.

Well the smart way to break it is to get a box, put it in then hit the box with a hammer. Then cut the box down with the broken glass inside, tape it closed and put in trash. No muss no fuss.

#17 9 years ago

I was thinking more of a PSA on what happens when you aren't careful when pulling the glass on your machine. Or when you just have bad luck.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

Just put new glass on my F-14 and T2 today. Made the world of a difference. I managed to find some locally at a good price. Should have done it a long time ago.
20150302_171836.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

is that your swords of fury??? that would be neat that two people in Saskatchewan have this great title!!

#19 9 years ago

I just put it in a contractor type thick garbage bag, then put a second bag over the glass form the top tuck the upper bag into the lower bag hit top edge of the covered glass, the upper bag funnels all the glass into the lower bag.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

is that your Swords of Fury??? that would be neat that two people in Saskatchewan have this great title!!

Sorry no LIONMAN!, just F-14. But, I really enjoy F-14 even if it's shallow and fast.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 72.50
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Trade
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.