pasted_image (resized).png
lostintranslation2 (resized).jpg
969632456 (resized).jpg
f7e (resized).jpg
4waterfalllake (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
wakeupstupid (resized).png
giphy.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Wow... this is legit.....

Yes, it looks like a legit R.L. Stein rip off. But you know his Dad made a good movie 30 years ago so....??

#11 5 years ago

You think they'll find a way to Put Harrison Ford in it somehow? I feel like it's a law he has to appear in reboots/decade sequels whether he's in the original or not.

#13 5 years ago

Fuck, Freejack broke my heart...what a trailer.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I went to go see it with a friend. We were the only two people in the theater.
Same thing happened with Hellraiser 2!
Teenagers have terrible taste.
(full disclosure: I kinda liked Freejack)

Worked at a movie theatre in 91... We new all the times of the day the trailer was playing... PiL, sci-fi, Emilio!!! It had it all.
Ha.

Quoted from ktownhero:

It's not a reboot, it's a sequel. Stated in the article.

Yeah that's actually worse news.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Bleh.
I'd rather see a sequel of Cabin Boy.

Fancy lads!

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This made me go watch the trailer.
Holy Christ! No wonder I went to see it. THIS LOOKS AWESOME!

Now imagine the entire thing has "the body" from PiL cranked up which the OG trailer did.

Terminator 2 wasnt 35 years later

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

For the record the original Terminator movie blew away the "popular" Terminator 2 movie.

Thank you.
Although I never really liked T2. I understand liquid men can cloud peoples memories of Edward Furlong, but sadly not mine.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's 4 teenager roles being cast for the film...

Wow...bold Hollywood move!

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

It's literally being created by the son of the original creator of Ghostbusters. It's not your typical situation where a studio is just buying up licenses and remaking them for easy cash grabs.

Speaking of doumb, this is what it looks like. Wow his dad made it so he has some great Ghostbuster genes!!!
Reitman made the OG it after being part of meatballs, Animal House, and stripes...with some of the most creative people in the comedy world at the time.

Reitman Jr. Made Juno. What has he written? I've never heard of any of them.

Quoted from ktownhero:

If there is any chance of it being a decent follow-up to the first two, this is it.

Uff fan boys

If the phrase "hiring 4 teeange actors as leads..." doesn't rain on your parade then you're just a wacky dude. I mean unless they're hiring The kids of Stranger Things.

#53 5 years ago

I think whether you think GB2 is a good movie or not is def age related. My wife is younger than me so she thinks it's a fine flick, but she was like 6 when it came out.

#56 5 years ago

How could a GB movie be bad if Ernie Hudson, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, & Sigourney Weaver+ are in it.... Right!?
wakeupstupid (resized).pngwakeupstupid (resized).png

#60 5 years ago

Yeah all that stuff, except now with tweens cause you gotta hit that YA audience.

"success" is a term that can go a few ways, we had talked aboot this years ago but Blade Runner 2049 was pretty amazing well recieved... But not a commercial success. Of course that had one of the hottest directors in the game... And this has um, some guy.

#64 5 years ago

Halloween is a fair one. Jesus Danny McBride is out only hope.. Scary.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

But it wasn't funny. And there was a lot of really obvious improv that went on forever (god knows how much else was cut!)

Seriously. Kate Mckinna is pretty funny, but someone had to reign he in on this on. Like mugging for the camera for 10 straight seconds not saying anything... Very weird at times.

#101 5 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Actually, this movie was sunk by the announced premise before it even premiered. We are making a movie about the franchise that everyone loves, but this new movie will pretend like the previous beloved thing never happened at all....

Um sure if that makes you feel better; It was sunk before it began because it was women instead of men.

10 months later
#115 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I thought this was a terrible idea but the trailer looks promising.

It looked good like every trailer make the movie look good (well within reason), The New WW84 almost made that movie look well.
I hope it works out, kind of looked like a Goosebumps movie, which is fine by me.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You aren't worried that cro-barring the original cast into Act Three is gonna send the whole thing off the rails?
That's my current concern!

Far point on acts. I was thinking a 2nd act meet & great pep talk with the new cast.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Any word on Sigourney?

I thought she was confirmed.
Yeah it'll be tough to end it well, eXpecially with kids in it.

Wouldn't it be great if it was just reused footage form the OG? Classic.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Thanks for the thorough description of the movie that comes out next year, fellas... saved me $11.50!

It's almost like they're all the same!

#126 4 years ago

The amount of Memberberries in this one could break records.

Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

looking forward to seeing it...it has to be better then the female reboot right?

Absolutely becasue the dead directors son made it = science!
But seriously it could come in sideways and sue all the old characters in a horrible way sort of ruining the OG movie a touch; it would be hard to pull off but anything is possible

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Ivan Reitman is still alive.

Oh duh, wrong dead guy; thanks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-ghostbusters-movie-2020-teaser-trailer?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.