pasted_image (resized).png
lostintranslation2 (resized).jpg
969632456 (resized).jpg
f7e (resized).jpg
4waterfalllake (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
wakeupstupid (resized).png
giphy.gif
There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

Wow... this is legit.....

#3 5 years ago

I am super excited about this, and look forward to the announcment of the original cast being in this film.
I imagine Stern will vault Ghostbusters next year and we will finally get some code love

#4 5 years ago

please god just let this franchise die.

ONE GOOD MOVIE.

And it's still stumbling along 35 years later like a zombie?

Errr...a ghost!!!

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ONE GOOD MOVIE.
Errr...a ghost!!!

Good old Hollywood studio money grab... this is unfortunately where we are with most if not all of the old/classic franchises out there.

Reboot reboot reboot until they suck every last red cent from it... it doesn’t matter where it ends up.

#6 5 years ago

Enough with the terrible sequels already! Very very few franchises have pulled off worthy sequels. The odds are not good here. And why would Stern bother pulling GB out of the vault after only stopping production right now? They either just did another batch at the end of 2018, or were doing some shortly. There will likely still be GB's available from the bigger distributors next summer.

#7 5 years ago

As I talked to JJ at Game Exchange in November 2018, he made it seem like they completely stopped the production run on GB. I was able to get one of the last machines from Marco. Marco told me that these were the last two Prems off the line.

So unless they ramp production back up again, it seems like Stern is done with this round of GB.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

As I talked to JJ at Game Exchange in November 2018, he made it seem like they completely stopped the production run on GB. I was able to get one of the last machines from Marco. Marco told me that these were the last two Prems off the line.
So unless they ramp production back up again, it seems like Stern is done with this round of GB.

I heard "one last run" somewhere on here in the last week or two.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Wow... this is legit.....

Yes, it looks like a legit R.L. Stein rip off. But you know his Dad made a good movie 30 years ago so....??

#10 5 years ago

What I'm super excited for is the return of a very fat and old Dan Akroyd in some token role and also Winston who doesn't have a good line in the entire series, and also a possible 2 minute cameo by Bill Murray as the "new guys" take this awesome franchise to new and uncharted territory!

I don't think I'll ever get Back to the Future 4 so I'm just gonna have to get fired up about this.

I'll admit it guys it's fun to bitch about something I really know zero details about yet. I can see why it's so alluring when it comes to unreleased pinball machines.

#11 5 years ago

You think they'll find a way to Put Harrison Ford in it somehow? I feel like it's a law he has to appear in reboots/decade sequels whether he's in the original or not.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You think they'll find a way to Put Harrison Ford in it somehow? I feel like it's a law he has to appear in reboots/decade sequels whether he's in the original or not.

Seems unlikely as they are still threatening to film another Indiana Jones movie. When he is 79 years old.

They aren't really going to do this are they? Surely it's some kind of cover for another project, like say, Freejack 2 starring the younger Mick Jagger?

#13 5 years ago

Fuck, Freejack broke my heart...what a trailer.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Fuck, Freejack broke my heart...what a trailer.

I went to go see it with a friend. We were the only two people in the theater.

Same thing happened with Hellraiser 2!

Teenagers have terrible taste.

(full disclosure: I kinda liked Freejack)

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Good old Hollywood studio money grab... this is unfortunately where we are with most if not all of the old/classic franchises out there.
Reboot reboot reboot until they suck every last red cent from it... it doesn’t matter where it ends up.

It's not a reboot, it's a sequel. Stated in the article.

#16 5 years ago

Will Harold Ramis be a ghost?

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I went to go see it with a friend. We were the only two people in the theater.
Same thing happened with Hellraiser 2!
Teenagers have terrible taste.
(full disclosure: I kinda liked Freejack)

Worked at a movie theatre in 91... We new all the times of the day the trailer was playing... PiL, sci-fi, Emilio!!! It had it all.
Ha.

Quoted from ktownhero:

Yeah that's actually worse news.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Doesn’t matter ... call it whatever... the net effect is the same.

There is always a chance it could be good... but rarely is this the case.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

This will surely turn out to be a "rebootquel." Nobody wants to watch two hours of aged and fat Dan Akroyd stumbling around with Winston in tow.

They'll have small roles, Bill Murray will show up for even less time if at all, and a "next generation" of younger and far more attractive ghost fighting clowns will take over. I sense a hemsworth or channing will be on board.

The plot will be almost identical to the original GHostbusters movie, and in the unlikely event the movie doesn't bomb, they'll make a sequel featuring even less screen time of what's left of the original cast.

You're welcome, I just saved you 15 bucks.

#20 5 years ago

IMO this could be done very well and be a big hit.
Hopefully they will focus on being a funny comedy and actually be funny!

The recent Jumanji movie turned out great - so not all sequels / reboots are bad LOL

#21 5 years ago

Bleh.

I'd rather see a sequel of Cabin Boy.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Worked at a movie theatre in 91... We new all the times of the day the trailer was playing... PiL, sci-fi, Emilio!!! Is had it all.
Ha.

This made me go watch the trailer.

Holy Christ! No wonder I went to see it. THIS LOOKS AWESOME!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Bleh.
I'd rather see a sequel of Cabin Boy.

Fancy lads!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ONE GOOD MOVIE.
Errr...a ghost!!!

No, this is a sequel to the original films, TWO GOOD MOVIES Can't wait, stop with the negative waves.

#25 5 years ago

My first reaction as a huge Ghostbusters fan lol

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ONE GOOD MOVIE.
Errr...a ghost!!!

What about the terminator franchise
Terminator good movie, terminator 2 great movie, terminator 3 ok movie, terminator 4 kinda shitty movie, terminator 5 ok shitty movie, and terminator 6 coming out this year.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This made me go watch the trailer.
Holy Christ! No wonder I went to see it. THIS LOOKS AWESOME!

Now imagine the entire thing has "the body" from PiL cranked up which the OG trailer did.

Terminator 2 wasnt 35 years later

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Terminator good movie, terminator 2 great movie, terminator 3 ok movie, terminator 4 kinda shitty movie, terminator 5 ok shitty movie, and terminator 6 coming out this year.

Problem with terminator is cameron walked after 2 and it shows. 2 really was supposed to be the last and closed the story up in a way that the later films have struggled with.

#29 5 years ago

I though Jason said he was going to do Citizen Kane 2, and instead this??????

#30 5 years ago

The last terminator movie should be about someone from the future traveling back in time to prevent them from making more terminator movies....

#31 5 years ago

For the record the original Terminator movie blew away the "popular" Terminator 2 movie.

I feel better after getting that out of my system.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

The last terminator movie should be about someone from the future traveling back in time to prevent them from making more terminator movies....

This made me spit my coffee out !!!!

#33 5 years ago

Here's what I've heard so far about the film. Set in the original universe, sequel to the original films. There's 4 teenager roles being cast for the film. I bet some or the remaining original cast comes back and hands the torch off to the younger guys.

Personally I say start the film off with the original cast, introduce the new actors, have them get in some situation, original Ghostbusters come to save them, all end up fighting the bad guy together = $$$$$$$ for Sony.

I'm pumped!

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Problem with terminator is cameron walked after 2 and it shows. 2 really was supposed to be the last and closed the story up in a way that the later films have struggled with.

The real problem is that Terminator 2 completed the thing and there simply was no more story to tell. I'll probably go see Terminator 17 because I can't help myself but I'm not expecting much, even with Cameron hanging around the set.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's the rumors I'm hearing about. Set in the original universe, sequel to the original films. There's 4 teenager roles being casted for the film. I bet some or the remaining original cast comes back and hands the torch off to the younger guys. Star the film off with the original cast, bring in the new actors, have them get in some situation, original Ghostbusters come to save them, all end up fighting the bad guy = $$$$$$$

That sounds fucking awful and pretty much exactly what I'd expect.

And how dare you defend Ghobstbusters 2 it blew ass.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

For the record the original Terminator movie blew away the "popular" Terminator 2 movie.

Thank you.
Although I never really liked T2. I understand liquid men can cloud peoples memories of Edward Furlong, but sadly not mine.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's 4 teenager roles being cast for the film...

Wow...bold Hollywood move!

#37 5 years ago

It’s unfortunate... bottom line is that is less risky for a studio to recycle their property than to invest in creating something new and fresh... it’s corporate thinking/marketing/business model.... and all the big studio corporations own all of the blockbuster franchises.

This has been going on for a long time in the industry but it really has become a bit of an epidemic in the last 10-15 years. I mean heck .... you can see its effect on pinball... look at how many times licenses have been re-cycled.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

They’ll reboot GB next year as a vault about the time the code update is done.....

#39 5 years ago

"These Pipes are CLEEEEEEAAAANNNN!"

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's what I've heard so far about the film. Set in the original universe, sequel to the original films. There's 4 teenager roles being cast for the film. I bet some or the remaining original cast comes back and hands the torch off to the younger guys.
Personally I say start the film off with the original cast, introduce the new actors, have them get in some situation, original Ghostbusters come to save them, all end up fighting the bad guy together = $$$$$$$ for Sony.
I'm pumped!

This was the original idea that Dan Aykroid had, before they decided to go with that female reboot abomination. Casting new teenage actors (with the intention of creating another long running franchise) would be another step in the wrong direction. Stop running these old franchises into the dam ground.

Go with the original single film idea... the cast was gong to be Seth Rogan, Jonah Hill, Danny McBride & James Franco. Proven comedy gold right there. Some biblical-end-of-the world-senario gets the new group to find the old Ghostbusters for help. It practically writes itself.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That sounds fucking awful and pretty much exactly what I'd expect.
And how dare you defend Ghobstbusters 2 it blew ass.

There you go again with the negative waves!

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Go with the original single film idea... the cast was gong to be Seth Rogan, Jonah Hill, Danny McBride & James Franco. Proven comedy gold right there. Some biblical-end-of-the world-senario gets the new group to find the old Ghostbusters for help. It practically writes itself.

They already basically made that movie, it called This Is The End.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1245492/

You put all of those guys in a Ghostbusters movie and it would just end up being a contest to see how many pot / drug jokes and references they could shoehorn in there.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Doesn’t matter ... call it whatever... the net effect is the same.
There is always a chance it could be good... but rarely is this the case.

It's literally being created by the son of the original creator of Ghostbusters. It's not your typical situation where a studio is just buying up licenses and remaking them for easy cash grabs.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah that's actually worse news.

Yeah, actually it's not. If there is any chance of it being a decent follow-up to the first two, this is it.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

It's literally being created by the son of the original creator of Ghostbusters. It's not your typical situation where a studio is just buying up licenses and remaking them for easy cash grabs.

Yeah, actually it's not. If there is any chance of it being a decent follow-up to the first two, this is it.

Literally created by SONY (Columbia) studios... they own it... they finance it... they drive the IP... they decide how it is to be made. I like your optimism though. Personally I would like it to be good... who knows.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

There is no chance of it being a decent follow up to the first two.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There is no chance of it being a decent follow up to the first two.

Well, that's just a dumb statement.

Quoted from Ricochet:

Literally created by SONY (Columbia) studios... they own it... they finance it... they drive the IP... they decide how it is to be made. I like your optimism though. Personally I would like it to be good... who knows.

So what you are saying is that not only is it being created by the son of the original director, but it's also being created by the SAME STUDIO THAT CREATED THE ORIGINAL?

Sweet.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

So what you are saying is that not only is it being created by the son of the original director, but it's also being created by the SAME STUDIO THAT CREATED THE ORIGINAL?
Sweet.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

So what you are saying is that not only is it being created by the son of the original creator, but it's also being created by the SAME STUDIO THAT CREATED THE ORIGINAL?
Sweet.

Nope not the same ...Ghostbusters came out in 86... when Columbia was a smaller independent company... SONY entertainment came along in 88 and slurped them up.

SONY Entertainment is the same studio of today that thought the 2016 reboot was a good idea.

Anyway... big companies have to play by corporate rules. Again ... it’s just the state of the situation with the studios. There is a possibility it could be a hit... I hope it is.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Speaking of doumb, this is what it looks like. Wow his dad made it so he has some great Ghostbuster genes!!!
Reitman made the OG it after being part of meatballs, Animal House, and stripes...with some of the most creative people in the comedy world at the time.

Reitman Jr. Made Juno. What has he written? I've never heard of any of them.

Quoted from ktownhero:

If there is any chance of it being a decent follow-up to the first two, this is it.

Uff fan boys

If the phrase "hiring 4 teeange actors as leads..." doesn't rain on your parade then you're just a wacky dude. I mean unless they're hiring The kids of Stranger Things.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Sweet.

No, it’s not a dumb statement. Dumb is thinking it will or even can be good.

Just use science:

There’s been 3 ghostbuster movies. Two of them were bad.

Don’t like your odds.

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-ghostbusters-movie-2020-teaser-trailer?hl=lowbeau67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.