pasted_image (resized).png
lostintranslation2 (resized).jpg
969632456 (resized).jpg
f7e (resized).jpg
4waterfalllake (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
wakeupstupid (resized).png
giphy.gif
There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Actually, this movie was sunk by the announced premise before it even premiered. We are making a movie about the franchise that everyone loves, but this new movie will pretend like the previous beloved thing never happened at all....

Um sure if that makes you feel better; It was sunk before it began because it was women instead of men.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's only bashing if 70+ year old actors are trying to make an action movie.
It's totally fine if 70 year old actors are cast trying to bang 20 year olds.
[quoted image]

Thanks for this! Sometimes I forget how freaking hot Scarlett is.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Um sure if that makes you feel better; It was sunk before it began because it was women instead of men.

I still can't believe the audacity of those ladies to have vaginas.

2 months later
#104 5 years ago

Sequels that are delayed for decades are way too risky. The only one that I can think of that turned out good was Blade Runner 2049. There probably haven't been many others, but this movie has me worried. I choose not to discuss the 2016 film out of respect for those who enjoyed it. Thankfully, that one has gone into obscurity already.

In my opinion, Egon was the most important guy to have to make a successful transition to a new busting team, and Harold Ramis is obviously gone (RIP). There are definitely some encouraging things I am aware of but I cannot share here, but overall, I'll believe it's good when I'm sitting there watching it on opening night and hopefully enjoying it.

The script was green-lit pretty fast, which worries me, as I think the odds of it being green-lit out of desperation greatly outweigh the odds of it being green-lit because of it being an amazing script. I hope Jason Reitman delivers but I won't jump on the bandwagon just because he's Ivan Reitman's son like plenty of fans have.

I hope we are all reflecting on this with excitement in 14 months instead of disappointment! I want the movie to be good, obviously...there's just so much that could go wrong that I wish it would be left alone.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fury road was great. It got rignt what they get wrong.

Nope, it was a bait and switch, Tom Hardy is a bit character.

You were promised Max, you got Charlie Theron with a buzz cut and fake arm.

I have seen Mad Max and The Road Warrior dozens of times, Fury Road isn't about Max.

Far as the new Ghostbusters goes the trailer has hit the right tone, have to see if they execute it well.

Edit; Sony had a lot riding on the Ghostbusters franchise taking off, there was going to be a series of movies, a Ghostbusters franchise in every major city (Ghost Corps) even a new animated TV series (I think, memory might be fuzzy) the 2016 movie pretty much sank Sony's plans who is desperate for a franchise they can make product with. People inside Sony convinced the higher ups a gender swap was the hot ticket to success and you can see how that went. I saw the movie and it just isn't funny; the humor is totally off tone for the franchise and one or two characters have glimmers of interest.. and then it goes away 30 seconds later..

The rest are just unlikable right out of the box.

Chris Hemsworth was a total shock, I was cringing at the thought of "Thor" in this movie but he was flipping hilarious and the funniest part.

Ghostbusters has been in development hell for years because all the principle actors had to agree on the sequel, something Bill Murry wanted no part of. He is on record as stating "No one wants to pay money to watch old fat guys chasing ghosts" and knew the odds of catching that lightning in a bottle that was Ghostbusters I was slim to none. Sony had to actually threaten him with lawyers just to get GB2016 off the ground. The details are in the hacked Sony e-mail leaks.

#106 5 years ago

Well, im kinda happy, and also kinda...well , nervous. Ive kinda stopped trusting Hollywood the last 18 years or so since all they do is churn out poop (and yes the 2016.... "thing" is even below the regular poop.) so im kinda on the fence about this one.

Also they could have done this like 10 years ago BEFORE everyone in the original cast started to die off...are they gonna CGI Harold Ramis now or what?

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There you go again with the negative waves!

I would buy Kelly's Heroes Pinball for sure . Get the crew together , fighr the Germans , steal the gold. Perfect .

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Also they could have done this like 10 years ago BEFORE everyone in the original cast started to die off...are they gonna CGI Harold Ramis now or what?

I'm thinking that to date, CGI "dead actors" has not played that well with the public. At least as far as I know anyways. Gran Moff Tarkin was just creepy and could have been done in better ways for Rogue One.

The smart play as a writer would be to have Egon Spengler out of the picture, victim of a lab experiment or better still, heroically passed away battling a threat he alone detected and tried to fight alone which is the cause of a new team forming when said threat rears its ugly head months or years later. He brought them needed time with his life.

#109 5 years ago

The only time I even remotely laughed during GB16 was near the end when they loosened Rowan’s grip.

The rest of the entire movie just wasn’t funny, period. Most of the jokes just seemed like them complaining about different things. Where was the wit? They went from “Back off man, I’m a scientist” and “Doh! Re! Egon!” to “I'm just looking for a reasonable ratio of wontons to soup, this is madness!”. I still don’t understand why that was made into a running joke...

I’m not saying it was all bad. To me at least, the way the Jillian Holtzmann character was portrayed was pretty good. She at least had some decent quips and moments. The story was decent. The visuals were good. The rest...just made me cringe.

I’m hoping this next film is kinda a combination of a passing of the torch to a new generation and giving the OG cast a good farewell. As long as the new cast is witty I don’t really care what gender they are.

1 month later
#110 4 years ago

A good chunk of the original cast is now confirmed, including Bill Murray!

https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/ghostbusters-3-cast-news-trailer/

5 months later
#111 4 years ago

I thought this was a terrible idea but the trailer looks promising.

Smart idea to change the setting, moving from the city to the cornfields / rural small town is a great idea, as is apparently taking a more serious approach rather than the goofy one from the past.

Looks like the idea is it's the family of the deceased Egon.

If the story is actually new instead of just a remake it could be an entertaining flick.

I almost worry that this movie would be better off without bringing back the elderly original cast for act three like they always do with these rebootquels.

I don't live and die for GHostbusters like some of you lunatics but this actually looks like it could be entertaining. The change in setting and tone from the other three Ghostbusters seems really promising and inspired at first glance.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Smart idea to change the setting, moving from the city to the cornfields / rural small town is a great idea, as is apparently taking a more serious approach rather than the goofy one from the past.
Looks like the idea is it's the family of the deceased Egon.
If the story is actually new instead of just a remake it could be an entertaining flick.
I almost worry that this movie would be better off without bringing back the elderly original cast for act three like they always do with these rebootquels.
I don't live and die for GHostbusters like some of you lunatics but this actually looks like it could be entertaining. The change in setting and tone from the other three Ghostbusters seems really promising and inspired at first glance.

I was about to post this exact comment. This looks good, and I’m ambivalent about the change in tone, but that seems like a good idea. Jason Reitman is a great director but he isn’t looking to ape his dad’s style. I’m sure there will be gags but they tried to replicate the original tone in the 2016 reboot, and that just fell flat. I wanted that to work so badly, but there just wasn’t much I enjoyed about it.

#113 4 years ago

Why even call it Ghostbusters? Just keep it with an original story.

#114 4 years ago

Value of GB Pins just went up about 3%

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It looked good like every trailer make the movie look good (well within reason), The New WW84 almost made that movie look well.
I hope it works out, kind of looked like a Goosebumps movie, which is fine by me.

#116 4 years ago

Trailer was great. Very excited - knew this would turn out good. Too many good people involved. Thank god bc the series deserved to formally put the ignore button on something that happened in 2016. So pumped.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Trailer was great. Very excited - knew this would turn out good. Too many good people involved. Thank god bc the series deserved to formally put the ignore button on something that happened in 2016. So pumped.

You aren't worried that cro-barring the original cast into Act Three is gonna send the whole thing off the rails?

That's my current concern!

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You aren't worried that cro-barring the original cast into Act Three is gonna send the whole thing off the rails?

Far point on acts. I was thinking a 2nd act meet & great pep talk with the new cast.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Far point on acts. I was thinking a 2nd act meet & great pep talk with the new cast.

act 1: Stranger Things type setup (or so I'm told by the internet)

act 2: There's something strange in the neighborhood / digging up the past

act 3: yay! Bill Murray is back bored out of his mind, and over-enthusiastic Akroyd is back too. Also Ernie Hudson is there. Like before. And Annie Potts. This is where it gets ridiculous. Annie Potts?! What possible excuse could they have to bring back their old receptionist for a company that has been out of business for 30 years? I guess they'll have her married to Akroyd. Any word on Sigourney?

Acts 1 and 2 look cool based upon the trailer, and look like they will offer up something new, interesting, and possibly entertaining. Act 3 is make or break. Is it something new and even slightly clever? Or is it just the same exact Act 3 we got in the other two Ghostbusters movies, with a skeptical small town mayor locking them up, and then letting them go, and then they fight a giant possessed scarecrow, and then there is a parade down main street?

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Any word on Sigourney?

I thought she was confirmed.
Yeah it'll be tough to end it well, eXpecially with kids in it.

Wouldn't it be great if it was just reused footage form the OG? Classic.

#121 4 years ago

Thanks for the thorough description of the movie that comes out next year, fellas... saved me $11.50!

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Thanks for the thorough description of the movie that comes out next year, fellas... saved me $11.50!

$11.50?!

Damn movies are cheap in Jersey.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

It's almost like they're all the same!

#124 4 years ago

Looks like Ghostbusters: The Force Awakens.

#125 4 years ago

looking forward to seeing it...it has to be better then the female reboot right?

#126 4 years ago

The amount of Memberberries in this one could break records.

Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

looking forward to seeing it...it has to be better then the female reboot right?

Absolutely becasue the dead directors son made it = science!
But seriously it could come in sideways and sue all the old characters in a horrible way sort of ruining the OG movie a touch; it would be hard to pull off but anything is possible

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The amount of Memberberries in this one could break records.

Absolutely becasue the dead directors son made it = science!
But seriously it could come in sideways and sue all the old characters in a horrible way sort of ruining the OG movie a touch; it would be hard to pull off but anything is possible

Ivan Reitman is still alive.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Man you were too lazy to come up with something like "Ghostbusters: The Slime Awakens?!"

Yes you are right, and it's a formula we will continue to see until more of these movies flop Terminator 6 style. For now it still seems like a fairly safe bet for the rebootquel formula.

#129 4 years ago

I’m excited

I too like the torch passing on touch

Laughed very hard when the kids were in Ecto with a gunner seat

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Except it likely won't crap all over the original source material. I doubt we will be hearing Peter Venkman say "Its time for the Ghostbusters...to end".

#131 4 years ago

If Venkman doesn’t deadpan ‘This man has no dick’ *directly* into the camera, then I’m going to retaliate by writing a strongly worded negative review on IMDB.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Ivan Reitman is still alive.

Oh duh, wrong dead guy; thanks.

#133 4 years ago

My life will be complete if Rick Moranis shows up in it.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man you were too lazy to come up with something like "Ghostbusters: The Slime Awakens?!"
Yes you are right, and it's a formula we will continue to see until more of these movies flop Terminator 6 style. For now it still seems like a fairly safe bet for the rebootquel formula.

"The Last Ghostbuster"
"Venkman: A Ghostbuster Story"
"Ghostbusters: Rise of Winston"
"The Ghosts Strike Back"
"Stranger Ghosts"

#135 4 years ago

Dan Aykroyd is full of stories. (Nothing Ghostbusters related, but there are stories about ghosts!)

#136 4 years ago

You know what made the first one amazing?

It was funny AND serious. It was believable. The characters were real people.

If they can nail that tone, it'll be a winner.

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#138 4 years ago

That trailer was better than that "other" movie from 2016.

So glad to know that atrocity will be wiped off the map. This movie will do what Terminator Dark Flop, I mean Fate....Dark Fate tried to do.

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not at all. With the talent they have behind the camera, I'm confident they're going to bring exactly what we want (which is good memories but not overkill).

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

This movie will do what Terminator Dark Flop, I mean Fate....Dark Fate tried to do.

Boom! What wordplay!

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Dan Aykroyd is full of stories. (Nothing Ghostbusters related, but there are stories about ghosts!)

THIS. This is why the first movie worked. Not only is he a famous and talented comedian, he takes the subject of ghosts seriously.

His vodka isn't that amazing though

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

THIS. This is why the first movie worked. Not only is he a famous and talented comedian, he takes the subject of ghosts seriously.
His vodka isn't that amazing though

Sshhhhh, don’t tell Lancaster PA. He just showed up there to places in the county a few weeks ago because they had some record sales of it.

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Sshhhhh, don’t tell Lancaster PA. He just showed up there to places in the county a few weeks ago because they had some record sales of it.

Hershey to be exact!
Big crowd!

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-ghostbusters-movie-2020-teaser-trailer/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.