Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Freeplay40
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20151101172302637.jpg
C360_2015-01-28-11-44-09.jpg
C360_2015-01-28-11-43-12.jpg
C360_2015-01-28-11-43-36.jpg
C360_2015-01-28-11-42-33.jpg
IMG_0631.JPG
DONE3.jpg
DONE4.jpg
DONE2.jpg
DONE1.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Been working with Cliff for a few months now to get some protectors made for all you Genesis lovers! I believe he will be putting these on his site shortly! It will be nice to have these once the new ramps are made. He just wants to know if you guys would want the posts and parts included in the kit or if you would want to source them yourselves. They are universal for the sides so do not matter which goes where, just have to bend them to the shape of your ramp. DONE1.jpgPretty easy to install and look great!!DONE2.jpgDONE3.jpgDONE4.jpg

#2 5 years ago

That's awesome! Now I just need the pin.

#3 5 years ago

Those are great! I'm making new ramps now for Genesis. I was confident that the PETG could take the beating but was concerned that the colored acrylic might be at risk... this will solve that!

Very nice!

#4 5 years ago

I would want the posts included. That's a great solution. My Genesis will love it.

#5 5 years ago

Awesome news! Cliffy does it again...this time with Dan's help...or maybe Dan's son.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#6 5 years ago

Not too long ago, I managed to obtain a Genesis with ramps that were intact. I've been pondering how I might go about protecting them. I'm glad that to see that these are on the horizon

#7 5 years ago

ya, Nathan has really taken a liking to Gottliebs!
changing to Williams style post sleeves really doesn't change the gameplay much at all. I like it better, but there's probably a few purists out there that might not like this solution.

1 month later
#8 5 years ago

Soon as I get my new ramps I will be ordering some!

#9 5 years ago

Rad!
This a video of my buddy's GENESIS in action
and he'll be getting them on his game soon!

#10 5 years ago

I would opt for an all in one kit as well.

2 weeks later
#11 5 years ago

Want! Are these available yet?

#12 5 years ago

I believe Cliff said he was waiting for the correct entrance posts before he posts them for sale. He sent me an advance set so that I could test fit with the ramps I'm making. Here is a photo of what he sent to me...

IMG_0631.JPG
#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I believe Cliff said he was waiting for the correct entrance posts before he posts them for sale. He sent me an advance set so that I could test fit with the ramps I'm making. Here is a photo of what he sent to me...

That is awesome. Great collaboration.

Gotta get my Genesis fixed ...

Really looking forward to a set of clear ramps.

2 weeks later
#14 5 years ago

I have a couple of really bad cracks in my already damaged Genesis ramps, so I went ahead and contacted Cliff to see about getting these ramp protectors now. Thankfully, he agreed and sent a set of protectors & posts as pictured above, along with some purple post sleeves. The total including shipping was $72.

The new posts are not exactly the same thread as the old ones, so I had to remove the t nuts (aka claw nuts) underneath, but other than that, installation was easy. Cliff warned me about the post behind the drop target bank possibly being an issue, but I kinda lucked out on that: my game already had a second hole drilled there! So, I just installed the post in the other hole and it worked out fine.

I went with purple post sleeves, but I think hot pink would prolly be better. When the game is on and the purple ramps are illuminated, they're actually closer to hot pink than purple.

Overall, I'm very happy with these protectors. Not only do they protect the ramps from further damage, they cover the gaps that were there from the existing damage.

C360_2015-01-28-11-42-33.jpg
C360_2015-01-28-11-43-12.jpg
C360_2015-01-28-11-43-36.jpg
C360_2015-01-28-11-44-09.jpg

#15 5 years ago

Looks great, Jeff, and I *just* got a huge supply of female threaded posts. I can start making these available now although, as usual, it may take a while before I have time to create a page on my site for them. ugh.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Brutha:

The total including shipping was $72.

Yikes, that's a bit more than I was expecting they would be . I was half expecting them to hover somewhere around $50. Oh well...

Quoted from Brutha:

Overall, I'm very happy with these protectors. Not only do they protect the ramps from further damage, they cover the gaps that were there from the existing damage.

Thanks for sharing the photos

Quoted from Cliffy:

Looks great, Jeff, and I *just* got a huge supply of female threaded posts. I can start making these available now although, as usual, it may take a while before I have time to create a page on my site for them. ugh.

I'm sure you will have plenty of eager customers. I, for one, have a Genesis with intact ramps that I'm restoring, and was certainly hoping to find something that could protect them.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yikes, that's a bit more than I was expecting they would be

Figure around $15 for the posts, a couple more for the sleeves $5+ for shipping and the 4 piece protectors, I didn't think that was too bad a price at all. Pretty much inline with all his other stuff.

If protecting unbroken original ramps, they are priceless, really.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Figure around $15 for the posts, a couple more for the sleeves $5+ for shipping and the 4 piece protectors, I didn't think that was too bad a price at all. Pretty much inline with all his other stuff.
If protecting unbroken original ramps, they are priceless, really.

Ah, I didn't catch that there was more than just the protectors in the order. Makes sense.

Sure, either way it would be worth it to me...it's just that everything related to pinball is just so darn expensive.

#19 5 years ago

You da man Cliffy! You da man!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

1 week later
#20 5 years ago

Where can I buy a set?

#21 5 years ago

These are an automatic add-on to Genesis. Happy this is now available

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The total including shipping was $72.

Yikes, that's a bit more than I was expecting they would be . I was half expecting them to hover somewhere around $50. Oh well...

I give this piece of unsolicited advice based on experience; your ramps' safety are worth the extra $22 (over what you were expecting to pay). I had a similar reaction when I got into the hobby not long ago, but Cliffy's products are top notch and worth every penny. Plus, I can attest to the fact that you'll feel like a royal idiot when a ramp cracks due to being a cheap-o. I wish someone had rubbed my face in Cliffys and bopped me on the head with a clip-board a few years ago. I've since learned my lesson the hard way.

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#23 5 years ago

Each of my ramps were just barely hanging in there - catastrophic failure wasn't a question of if, but when. $72 was a little more than I wanted to pay, but compared to the amount my Genesis would drop in value if/when a ramp became unplayable, it was a reasonable price to pay to protect my investment.

Alternately, Pinsider Freeplay40 is working on replacement ramps (different thread) - another option if you find yourself in the worse case scenario (broken/unplayable ramps). No doubt, his ramps will be the nicest solution, but I'm sure they'll be considerably more than $72.

8 months later
#24 4 years ago

What type of post would you use between the cliffy post and the playfield? Does anyone have a pic of it or better yet a link to where to purchase it?

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Brutha:

Alternately, Pinsider Freeplay40 is working on replacement ramps (different thread) - another option if you find yourself in the worse case scenario (broken/unplayable ramps). No doubt, his ramps will be the nicest solution, but I'm sure they'll be considerably more than $72.

I would certainly use the Cliffy to protect my new ramps.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

What type of post would you use between the cliffy post and the playfield? Does anyone have a pic of it or better yet a link to where to purchase it?

Cliffy includes the necessary posts with the ramp protectors.

#27 4 years ago

Here's what came:

The posts, two ramp flaps, and the protectors.

20151101172302637.jpg

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Here's what came:
The posts, two ramp flaps, and the protectors.

20151101172302637.jpg

Forceflow, my game came in boxes of parts. Can you or someone send me what it looks like without the Cliffy parts? It looks like I am missing posts but I do not know which ones. I have the cliffy set already

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Forceflow, my game came in boxes of parts. Can you or someone send me what it looks like without the Cliffy parts? It looks like I am missing posts but I do not know which ones. I have the cliffy set already

The photos I have don't show the bare posts--they're covered by post sleeves and caps.

1 year later
#30 2 years ago

unfortunately I'm late to the game so do you know if these are still available anywhere? I checked Cliffy's website and other sites, but I didn't see them. I just bought a new set of ramps and I want to make sure they stay mint. thanks!

#31 2 years ago

I just bought some. He doesn't have them listed on his site but I emailed him directly.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

I just bought some. He doesn't have them listed on his site but I emailed him directly.

Agree. He has them...Just not listed on his site.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
€ 8.40
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
€ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
£ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside