Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0f198b38c74bd63f9dd65a2065fb1304 (resized).jpg
    39DDA636-C4C4-43D9-B235-E1A78C6BBC66 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 4 years ago

For those that don't know this.
    IL just also passed an huge increase in the gas tax as well. And on top of that, they also raised vehicle registration by 50 dollars.
    So it now costs 150 or 160 to license your car.

Now... I won't get political here. We need the money because we had the worst governor in history who refused to pass a budget and that shot our bond rating and put us in the crapper.

However, our new governor... Well... Lets just say while he has done 1 or 2 good things... The bad outweighs his good. And really no difference from the old guard.

And then the article with the stupid democrat legislator who I don't think lives in the real world. Has the audacity to claim that no one would notice if the gas price goes up...

What BS is that. Everyone notices. in fact. I noticed when my gas reimbursement from work(its based on the fed rate) went down .5 cents a mile... That factors maybe 20-30 dollars less I get a year... But, I still noticed it. And not happy that while the rates for the nation have gone down. My own states have gone up.

And please don't attack me. I made comments about both left and right parties being equally as incompetent. And I work my 9-5 for a school district. So no having that budget for 2 years really was scary. And it made my school district take a political stance. So please. Don't attack me.

Lets just agree this is the stupidest piece of garbage legislation, and the lawmaker should be publicly shamed for being so stupid and out of touch with reality and not concerned at all about the ramifications for the people in her state.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

You guys don't have to get your car inspected each year and that can be very costly unless you have a newer vehicle. I would gladly pay more for registration if I didn't have to worry about state inspections.

Actually my 2018 I need to get it emissioned tested before March.

In Will county you do need to emission testing. I thought my car should be new enough to be exempt. It was last year. Not this year though. Really silly.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from Astill:

ps that bill is pretty crappy and not thought out at all.

She admitted it was rushed as she needed to meet the filing deadline so that if passed it could be enacted at the start of next year.

Yep... Why think out anything over... Just rush and railroad... The good news. It doesn't have any co-sponsors or support.
    But, it just not only makes your political party look stupid, but it makes our state look stupid as well.

People are leaving IL and going to other states. This would only exacerbate the exodus. And despite the crappy winters, IL is a pretty decent state to live in. And yes... I have lived in more than just IL in my life.

Oh... Well... My rant on pinside will not change anything about this silly and stupid situation. But, I don't think it has much of a chance to pass.... Here's hoping that is true.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

This is bullshit. In NY it absolutely goes to the roads, and now that the gas is priced commensurate with NY (after decades) its because NJ needs more dollars to fix the roads.
    If you’re enjoying sub $2 gas prices, its because of supply and demand. Clearly you have less demand. That’s not necessarily something to be proud of. Oh, and I’m sure your roads are perfect too.

Well... In IL... We had a change in our constitution where all the gas tax can only be spent on road construction. I personally think that was stupid. As I think its now just a slush fund for fat road construction contracts.

As while we do need infrastructure in IL.. I don't believe all that money should go to the roads.

And with the legal weed money coming in. I do think it was hasty to up the gas tax. Roads in the midwest are never going to be amazing. The winters just won't allow that. However, the roads in IL are much better now, then what they were when I was a child. We don't have a lot of the pothole issues that never get fixed.
    Our bridges... That is another story.
    They are in dire need of repair.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

Progressive income tax could also be coming to Illinois in 2021. We vote on it this November. The state income tax was 3% when I moved here in 1999. I remember when it was raised "temporarily" to 5%.

Anyway to screw people out of money... Means that you need to get at least a 7 percent raise to just make the same amount of dang money... Well... I hate my 9-5 job...

I might stop buying pinballs and move out of this state. As with luck and a decent location my art and comic business might be able to provide me enough income... No medical or pension though(but, I am vested in my pension at my 9-5 already)...

But, who am I kidding... I can't stop buying pinballs. I love pinball way too much!!!!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-gas-law-potential-?tu=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.