Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0f198b38c74bd63f9dd65a2065fb1304 (resized).jpg
    39DDA636-C4C4-43D9-B235-E1A78C6BBC66 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dent00.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 4 years ago

If this law gets passed in Illinois, I will avoid Illinois like the plague. I am fully grown.. I carry my own luggage, drive my own truck and pump my own gas. I don't want some guy that I have never seen or talked to, pumping gas in my truck. Don't be deceived by the picture of the nice young American guy coming out to check your tire pressure. The attendants will be people from India or some place like that. Probably pretty close to illegal immigrants. And you are going to be required to hand this guy your credit card and trust him to use it for your purposes. People that barely speak English that you can probably not understand very well. People willing to take a low paying job that no one wants near their car, much less within smelling distance. When I had to comply with this type law in New Jersey, I got out of the car and stood by the guy until he returned my card and watched every move he made to make sure he pumped the correct type gas and the correct amount into my truck. I watched every move he made like a hawk, because I did not even trust these people to wash my windshield, which they did not offer to do. They were also were not very friendly, especially when I decided to watch everything they were doing. This is a terrible idea and I hope people in Illinois realize what they might be signing up for. Things like this make me understand why gas tax is going to go up in Illinois.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

The toll tax to drive on a road that you are most likely already taxed on, despite the tollway being leased out for 99 years...

When I travel to states that have toll roads, I set the options on my Garmin to "Avoid toll roads". Sometimes it takes a little longer, but it is worth it to me. Toll roads are a bad idea to start with, in my opinion. The state should do whatever is necessary to maintain the roads that they have. If you live in a state with toll roads, you can bet that a toll tag will be an added expense that will be necessary and it should likely be included in your normal budget. If everyone decided to avoid toll roads, there would not be any... Just my thoughts...

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

It's very difficult to do in the northeast. I tried getting to Long Island once by avoiding tolls, but abandoned the idea when I couldn't find pontoons to fit my car....
    No, but seriously, I won't do EZ Pass, and "toll by mail" is a glitch filled scam! The tolls around here are outrageous, especially if you go from NJ to Long Island.

I agree. When I worked in New Jersey for about a year, so I did purchase an EZ pass. Costs $9 at that time to take the Holland Tunnel, one way, to New York City from Hoboken, New Jersey. About 2 miles... My 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual transmission, Ford Ranger was not the normal vehicle in New York City, but I did manage to drive around without blowing the horn or having an accident. Ticket for blowing the horn in New York City was $375 at that time from what I read... I learned pretty rapidly, that the train and subway is the best way to travel in that area, as far as the price goes. I never realized that there are people 21 and older that work normal jobs in these places and do not have a driver's license. I was amazed. My 16 year old teenagers have driver's licenses and they drive frequently in their own vehicles. People in New York City and some places in New Jersey told me that they did not need a car or truck. I cannot imagine living normally without my own truck. But, I guess I am a product of my environment.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dent00.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-gas-law-potential-?tu=Dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.