Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0f198b38c74bd63f9dd65a2065fb1304 (resized).jpg
    39DDA636-C4C4-43D9-B235-E1A78C6BBC66 (resized).jpeg
    There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

For those that don't know this.
    IL just also passed an huge increase in the gas tax as well. And on top of that, they also raised vehicle registration by 50 dollars.
    So it now costs 150 or 160 to license your car.
    Now... I won't get political here. We need the money because we had the worst governor in history who refused to pass a budget and that shot our bond rating and put us in the crapper.
    However, our new governor... Well... Lets just say while he has done 1 or 2 good things... The bad outweighs his good. And really no difference from the old guard.
    And then the article with the stupid democrat legislator who I don't think lives in the real world. Has the audacity to claim that no one would notice if the gas price goes up...
    What BS is that. Everyone notices. in fact. I noticed when my gas reimbursement from work(its based on the fed rate) went down .5 cents a mile... That factors maybe 20-30 dollars less I get a year... But, I still noticed it. And not happy that while the rates for the nation have gone down. My own states have gone up.
    And please don't attack me. I made comments about both left and right parties being equally as incompetent. And I work my 9-5 for a school district. So no having that budget for 2 years really was scary. And it made my school district take a political stance. So please. Don't attack me.
    Lets just agree this is the stupidest piece of garbage legislation, and the lawmaker should be publicly shamed for being so stupid and out of touch with reality and not concerned at all about the ramifications for the people in her state.

Term limits would have been nice, but these people have gotten fat with our money.... hard to stop.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm 41 and I've remembered it being like that my whole life.

That's strange as a couple others have mentioned this. I recall hearing early in January 2020 that Jersey had voted to allow the ban . I hope I'm not misremembering this. Mandala Effect not a chance

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

You guys don't have to get your car inspected each year and that can be very costly unless you have a newer vehicle. I would gladly pay more for registration if I didn't have to worry about state inspections.

Actually my 2018 I need to get it emissioned tested before March.

In Will county you do need to emission testing. I thought my car should be new enough to be exempt. It was last year. Not this year though. Really silly.

#54 4 years ago

Please don’t fall for the “we need to employ more people”. Look at how many business a begging to hire employees. We had a business next to us close because they couldn’t find enough good employees to operate. ANYBODY not working is NOT trying!!! Obviously the exceptions are retired, disabled..... more than half the people that apply with us, never show up or answer their phone. Besides being a horrible cost raising government control, who would we get to work?
    It’s like this state is trying to drive people away. And their good at it. About 50,000 leaving a year.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from Astill:

ps that bill is pretty crappy and not thought out at all.

She admitted it was rushed as she needed to meet the filing deadline so that if passed it could be enacted at the start of next year.

Yep... Why think out anything over... Just rush and railroad... The good news. It doesn't have any co-sponsors or support.
    But, it just not only makes your political party look stupid, but it makes our state look stupid as well.

People are leaving IL and going to other states. This would only exacerbate the exodus. And despite the crappy winters, IL is a pretty decent state to live in. And yes... I have lived in more than just IL in my life.

Oh... Well... My rant on pinside will not change anything about this silly and stupid situation. But, I don't think it has much of a chance to pass.... Here's hoping that is true.

#56 4 years ago

If this law gets passed in Illinois, I will avoid Illinois like the plague. I am fully grown.. I carry my own luggage, drive my own truck and pump my own gas. I don't want some guy that I have never seen or talked to, pumping gas in my truck. Don't be deceived by the picture of the nice young American guy coming out to check your tire pressure. The attendants will be people from India or some place like that. Probably pretty close to illegal immigrants. And you are going to be required to hand this guy your credit card and trust him to use it for your purposes. People that barely speak English that you can probably not understand very well. People willing to take a low paying job that no one wants near their car, much less within smelling distance. When I had to comply with this type law in New Jersey, I got out of the car and stood by the guy until he returned my card and watched every move he made to make sure he pumped the correct type gas and the correct amount into my truck. I watched every move he made like a hawk, because I did not even trust these people to wash my windshield, which they did not offer to do. They were also were not very friendly, especially when I decided to watch everything they were doing. This is a terrible idea and I hope people in Illinois realize what they might be signing up for. Things like this make me understand why gas tax is going to go up in Illinois.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

Actually my 2018 I need to get it emissioned tested before March.
    In Will county you do need to emission testing. I thought my car should be new enough to be exempt. It was last year. Not this year though. Really silly.

We have to get emissions as well but I was referring to state inspections where you fail if your licence plate light bulb is out, crack in windshield, check engine light is on, tire or brakes are below a certain depth, etc. There are so many things they can ding you for and you pretty much have to pay to fix it in the spot unless you want to fix yourself and go back later. On new cars they have a hard time finding stuff but they salivate over older cars.

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

The thing is where does that money we over taxed payers go to?. Not to the roads, and if they do any work it's just a layer of asphalt band aid.

This is bullshit. In NY it absolutely goes to the roads, and now that the gas is priced commensurate with NY (after decades) its because NJ needs more dollars to fix the roads.

If you’re enjoying sub $2 gas prices, its because of supply and demand. Clearly you have less demand. That’s not necessarily something to be proud of. Oh, and I’m sure your roads are perfect too.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

If this law gets passed in Illinois, I will avoid Illinois like the plague. I am fully grown.. I carry my own luggage, drive my own truck and pump my own gas. I don't want some guy that I have never seen or talked to, pumping gas in my truck. Don't be deceived by the picture of the nice young American guy coming out to check your tire pressure. The attendants will be people from India or some place like that. Probably pretty close to illegal immigrants. And you are going to be required to hand this guy your credit card and trust him to use it for your purposes. People that barely speak English that you can probably not understand very well. People willing to take a low paying job that no one wants near their car, much less within smelling distance. When I had to comply with this type law in New Jersey, I got out of the car and stood by the guy until he returned my card and watched every move he made to make sure he pumped the correct type gas and the correct amount into my truck. I watched every move he made like a hawk, because I did not even trust these people to wash my windshield, which they did not offer to do. They were also were not very friendly, especially when I decided to watch everything they were doing. This is a terrible idea and I hope people in Illinois realize what they might be signing up for. Things like this make me understand why gas tax is going to go up in Illinois.

Good call, stay in MS. You’ll be happier there. You belong there bruh.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

That's strange as a couple others have mentioned this. I recall hearing early in January 2020 that Jersey had voted to allow the ban . I hope I'm not misremembering this. Mandala Effect not a chance

I just googled it. NJ Retail Gas Dispensing Act. Took effect in 1949.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

This is bullshit. In NY it absolutely goes to the roads, and now that the gas is priced commensurate with NY (after decades) its because NJ needs more dollars to fix the roads.
    If you’re enjoying sub $2 gas prices, its because of supply and demand. Clearly you have less demand. That’s not necessarily something to be proud of. Oh, and I’m sure your roads are perfect too.

Well... In IL... We had a change in our constitution where all the gas tax can only be spent on road construction. I personally think that was stupid. As I think its now just a slush fund for fat road construction contracts.

As while we do need infrastructure in IL.. I don't believe all that money should go to the roads.

And with the legal weed money coming in. I do think it was hasty to up the gas tax. Roads in the midwest are never going to be amazing. The winters just won't allow that. However, the roads in IL are much better now, then what they were when I was a child. We don't have a lot of the pothole issues that never get fixed.
    Our bridges... That is another story.
    They are in dire need of repair.

#62 4 years ago

Progressive income tax could also be coming to Illinois in 2021. We vote on it this November. The state income tax was 3% when I moved here in 1999. I remember when it was raised "temporarily" to 5%.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

Progressive income tax could also be coming to Illinois in 2021. We vote on it this November. The state income tax was 3% when I moved here in 1999. I remember when it was raised "temporarily" to 5%.

Anyway to screw people out of money... Means that you need to get at least a 7 percent raise to just make the same amount of dang money... Well... I hate my 9-5 job...

I might stop buying pinballs and move out of this state. As with luck and a decent location my art and comic business might be able to provide me enough income... No medical or pension though(but, I am vested in my pension at my 9-5 already)...

But, who am I kidding... I can't stop buying pinballs. I love pinball way too much!!!!!!

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypalooza:

I believe the state is considering, or already has a tax to nail electric cars because they don’t pay gas/road tax. Has anybody heard of this? Nobody escapes this states strangling grip.

I haven’t heard it but I don’t doubt it for a minute from this shit infested, corruption riddled state. The list of reasons Illinois is the armpit of the US is growing every day. There’s some really great people in this state, but not for long, people are lining up to leave in droves. I can’t wait to join them. Go Sox!

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

It has been cited that gasoline in Illinois would be at least 40¢ a gallon higher if there were no Toll Roads there. What a crock of shit.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

Now... I won't get political here. We need the money because we had the worst governor in history who refused to pass a budget and that shot our bond rating and put us in the crapper.

I lived in IL for a few years, and I don't think that is an accurate statement. Your government pensions and benefits killed your budget over several decades, everytime someone attempted to correct it, the Chicago machine fired up and killed their reputation. The machine is all powerful, and has been for years. You reap what you sow. But have at it...I just feel for all those outside of Cook/DuPage County, they have no say in how your State is run.

#67 4 years ago

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-electric-vehicle-fee-illinois-20190509-story.html

They tried to pass a $1000 per year fee for having an electric vehicle. Ended up being $250 per year fee because you don’t contribute to the gas tax fund. That’s $100 more than normal cars per year. Bet it keeps going up.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

It has been cited that gasoline in Illinois would be at least 40¢ a gallon higher if there were no Toll Roads there. What a crock of shit.

The toll tax to drive on a road that you are most likely already taxed on, despite the tollway being leased out for 99 years...

#69 4 years ago

I believe the state is considering, or already has a tax to nail electric cars because they don’t pay gas/road tax. Has anybody heard of this? Nobody escapes this states strangling grip.

https://www.consumerreports.org/hybrids-evs/more-states-hitting-electric-vehicle-owners-with-high-fees/

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I haven’t heard it but I don’t doubt it for a minute from this shit infested, corruption riddled state. The list of reasons Illinois is the armpit of the US is growing every day. There’s some really great people in this state, but not for long, people are lining up to leave in droves. I can’t wait to join them. Go Sox!

As soon as my daughter graduates high school I’m out of here, Go Cubs!

#71 4 years ago

"Jersey girls don't pump gas" is a common bumper sticker here. Apathy and complacency is abundant in NJ. Every time discussion to change it to self-serve comes up, people come out of the woodwork protesting it, despite it having the effect of lowering the price by around $.10-.15 per gallon. I'd imagine that tax cut would be short lived though. Despite that, I'd still rather pump my own gas.

A large pocket of NJ simply never leave the state, and are perfectly happy to pretend the rest of the USA doesn't exist. Probably more than 1/3 of drivers here have never even pumped their own gas. My wife hadn't even until just last year!

0f198b38c74bd63f9dd65a2065fb1304 (resized).jpg0f198b38c74bd63f9dd65a2065fb1304 (resized).jpg
    #72 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I have a good job here, so I'll stick it out until I retire. I'm certainly not living out my golden years in Illinois.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Really? The roads in NY suck!

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Its been active in NJ for as long as I can remember. Over 20 years for sure.

I found the article and the way they worded it, made it seem like New Jersey had just implemented it. I stand corrected. Thanks.

#75 4 years ago

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-electric-vehicle-fee-illinois-20190509-story.html
    They tried to pass a $1000 per year fee for having an electric vehicle. Ended up being $250 per year fee because you don’t contribute to the gas tax fund. That’s $100 more than normal cars per year. Bet it keeps going up.

Yeah. I love how they encourage you to do something "good for the environment", then they find a way to punish you for it. Are bicycles next?

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I work 10 miles from Indiana border so it’s really a no brainer for me

#77 4 years ago

I really don't mind not pumping my own gas here...sometimes it gets really cold here and it's nice to sit in the warm car while my gas is being pumped.

NJ did have some of the cheapest gas until the politicians put it on the ballot, with wording, that made people vote yes, to increase the gas tax. The democrats in this state, for years, keep complaining about how low the gas tax was. It was nice having low gas tax, considering we are one of the worst taxed states in the nation.

People wonder why I say the politicians running NJ look at anyone with a job as an ATM for themselves.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah. I love how they encourage you to do something "good for the environment", then they find a way to punish you for it. Are bicycles next?

Anything with wheels could be a target.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

For those that don't know this.
    IL just also passed an huge increase in the gas tax as well. And on top of that, they also raised vehicle registration by 50 dollars.
    So it now costs 150 or 160 to license your car.
    However, our new governor... Well... Lets just say while he has done 1 or 2 good things... The bad outweighs his good. And really no difference from the old guard.
    And then the article with the stupid democrat legislator who I don't think lives in the real world. Has the audacity to claim that no one would notice if the gas price goes up...
    What BS is that. Everyone notices. in fact. I noticed when my gas reimbursement from work(its based on the fed rate) went down .5 cents a mile... That factors maybe 20-30 dollars less I get a year... But, I still noticed it. And not happy that while the rates for the nation have gone down. My own states have gone up.
    And please don't attack me. I made comments about both left and right parties being equally as incompetent. And I work my 9-5 for a school district. So no having that budget for 2 years really was scary. And it made my school district take a political stance. So please. Don't attack me.
    Lets just agree this is the stupidest piece of garbage legislation, and the lawmaker should be publicly shamed for being so stupid and out of touch with reality and not concerned at all about the ramifications for the people in her state.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but adding more and more taxes to one of the most tax burdened states is not the solution. People are moving out of state in droves and its not looking much better unless we can actually do something about the root causes of our brokeness. Regardless, theres gonna be people who aren't happy about it, but its gonna take a few cracked eggs to fix this omlet. IL is F'ed right now.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I agree with a lot of what you said, but adding more and more taxes to one of the most tax burdened states is not the solution. People are moving out of state in droves and its not looking much better unless we can actually do something about the root causes of our brokeness. Regardless, theres gonna be people who aren't happy about it, but its gonna take a few cracked eggs to fix this omlet. IL is F'ed right now.

The biggest problem, is that people like Calvin Coolidge don't exist in government. If they do, it's usually found in the small town local level.

I love the trick politicians play...keep spending at current levels, but their proposed budget 10 years from now, has cuts...so therefore, they are cutting spending.

To give you an idea of how messed up it is, there is thing called governmental accounting. If I used their accounting standard for my business, they'd lock me up and throw away the key.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

They’ve talked about registering bicycles here. It’s not a punishment, we still have to pay for infrastructure one way or another. Might seem annoying but it’s fair.. Evs still enjoying the roads. And if you pick one up with incentives and live in a city with low electric rates your pockets still looking pretty good vs a gas engine.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Why stop there? Bring back the full service gas station with the 2 bays.[quoted image]

Is that o-din?

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

That's great if you have a home every 100 miles along your trip.

Then I guess move out of that area because it sounds like no matter what you do your gonna take a giant government salami

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bigbad:

giant government salami

Sounds like a band name.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

The toll tax to drive on a road that you are most likely already taxed on, despite the tollway being leased out for 99 years...

When I travel to states that have toll roads, I set the options on my Garmin to "Avoid toll roads". Sometimes it takes a little longer, but it is worth it to me. Toll roads are a bad idea to start with, in my opinion. The state should do whatever is necessary to maintain the roads that they have. If you live in a state with toll roads, you can bet that a toll tag will be an added expense that will be necessary and it should likely be included in your normal budget. If everyone decided to avoid toll roads, there would not be any... Just my thoughts...

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I got "busted" on a right turn cam in IL. The signage was not lit, the intersection was completely empty, it was late at night. $200 fine. Complete BS. This was about 5 years ago and I had gone down there to pick up a new-to-me car, so it was my first time driving it as an owner. I had stopped to get gas; turned out to be the most expensive tank of gas I've ever paid for!

A few years back I got a letter in the mail saying I owed a fine for running a red light in some state west of here, Colorado or Utah I think it was. I figured it was a scam so I tossed it. Got another letter a few weeks later, tossed it. Got another letter that said this was my final warning or I'd be turned over to collections. I looked them up and found it was a real entity sending me the fine. I e-mailed them asking what kind of scam they were trying to pull and I told them I'd never been within 500 miles of their joke of a state. They replied back that they double checked the photo and it didn't match my license plate, so it was somebody else that ran the light.

#87 4 years ago

The abuse of red light cameras by the authorities was so bad in NJ that they eventually banned them. Lots of intersections with very short yellows that were in violation of the "rules".

#88 4 years ago

In 2016 NJ had a gas tax of 14.5 cents for one of the lowest in the nation. That year they past legislation for a .23 increase while lowering the sales tax from 7 to 6%. NJ now has one of the highest gas taxes.
    Attendants have been pumping gas since the model T.

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

In 2016 NJ had a gas tax of 14.5 cents for one of the lowest in the nation. That year they past legislation for a .23 increase while lowering the sales tax from 7 to 6%. NJ now has one of the highest gas taxes.

6.625% for sales tax.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

In the Summer of 1979, I went with three buddies to NYC and Atlantic City. The AC trip was to take construction photographs of Bally's Park Place. I pulled into one of the service centers on the Garden State Parkway to get gas. I pulled up to the pumps, got out and started pumping gas (back then it was the honor system where you pumped gas, then paid). The attendant ran out and yelled at me like I committed murder as I was not allowed to pump gas, but I did.

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

When I travel to states that have toll roads, I set the options on my Garmin to "Avoid toll roads". Sometimes it takes a little longer, but it is worth it to me. Toll roads are a bad idea to start with, in my opinion. The state should do whatever is necessary to maintain the roads that they have. If you live in a state with toll roads, you can bet that a toll tag will be an added expense that will be necessary and it should likely be included in your normal budget. If everyone decided to avoid toll roads, there would not be any... Just my thoughts...

It's very difficult to do in the northeast. I tried getting to Long Island once by avoiding tolls, but abandoned the idea when I couldn't find pontoons to fit my car....
    No, but seriously, I won't do EZ Pass, and "toll by mail" is a glitch filled scam! The tolls around here are outrageous, especially if you go from NJ to Long Island.

#92 4 years ago

My buddy decided to surrender his "PINBALL" tags, because he kept getting toll bills from another vehicle with that plate. Anyone here wanna 'fess up?

#93 4 years ago

Hey Illinois/NJ/NY...PA would like to chime in a moment. Pennsylvania has the highest gas tax in the nation and one of the worst kept road systems to boot. Why? Because most of our gas tax money gets diverted to fund the State Police, who always seem to be broke. The PA Turnpike must give 450 million a year directly to fund mass transit in Philly/Pittsburgh. When roads do get fixed, the system is so corrupt that it takes them years and years to complete the project, and the roads/bridges wind up being bumpier than when they started. Or they don't seal the asphalt joints the the road begins to crumble again after 2 winters...so the same clowns get to pave it again! Its like there is zero quality control. There is a relatively simple interchange on I83, just south of the York show location that has been under construction for years. There are literally kids in elementary school who have not been alive as long as the construction has been going on at 83/Mount Rose.

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I visit IL regularly enough and I would hate to have to deal with this (don't even get me started on stop light cameras). Laws being put in place to keep us from pumping our own gas? jfc. Lawmakers need something better to spend their time on than this!
    Like others, I don't want anyone else touching my car, or leaving drips of paint eating gasoline all over it, plus the obligatory tip for "full service." No thanks.

Seems to me if it is required by law, my tax dollars are already paying the tip. I wouldn't be contributing additional. They'll already raise the prices of gasoline at the stations due to this.

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

A few years back I got a letter in the mail saying I owed a fine for running a red light in some state west of here, Colorado or Utah I think it was. I figured it was a scam so I tossed it. Got another letter a few weeks later, tossed it. Got another letter that said this was my final warning or I'd be turned over to collections. I looked them up and found it was a real entity sending me the fine. I e-mailed them asking what kind of scam they were trying to pull and I told them I'd never been within 500 miles of their joke of a state. They replied back that they double checked the photo and it didn't match my license plate, so it was somebody else that ran the light.

Get a dash camera to.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Pin related..... Dateline, Reno Nevada... May, 1989... Bally Manufacturing Corporation Annual Shareholder Meeting held at Bally's Reno Casino-Resort....

During the meeting it was announced that Bob Miller, the Governor of Nevada, would appear immediately after the meeting to participate in a Bally Press Release.

The news crews walked in with cameras galore for both teevee and print media. Bally announced they have purchased land at 6601 S. Bermuda Road in the Hughes Industrial Center in Las Vegas to relocate their slot machine development & manufacturing operations there from Chicago.

When questions were asked, one reporter asked if Illinois offered any incentives to stay in Illinois. Bob Mullane, Bally Chairman & CEO said the Illinois Governor is too busy traveling overseas to Russia to offer incentives to get business to move to Illinois. He is doing nothing to keep existing businesses there, especially in the case of Bally which was about 58 years old at the time.

Mullane's parting shot was: "Jim Thompson won't miss Bally".

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Hey Illinois/NJ/NY...PA would like to chime in a moment. Pennsylvania has the highest gas tax in the nation and one of the worst kept road systems to boot. Why? Because most of our gas tax money gets diverted to fund the State Police, who always seem to be broke. The PA Turnpike must give 450 million a year directly to fund mass transit in Philly/Pittsburgh. When roads do get fixed, the system is so corrupt that it takes them years and years to complete the project, and the roads/bridges wind up being bumpier than when they started. Or they don't seal the asphalt joints the the road begins to crumble again after 2 winters...so the same clowns get to pave it again! Its like there is zero quality control. There is a relatively simple interchange on I83, just south of the York show location that has been under construction for years. There are literally kids in elementary school who have not been alive as long as the construction has been going on at 83/Mount Rose.

It will be interesting to see where the marijuana tax goes to. They say $250,000 a year per business will be made.....

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

It all depends on the reason for it being a toll road. Here in Colorado, any roads that are built as toll roads can only collect tolls until the road is paid off (it is written into law). That way they can get the road built sooner since they don't need to get the full budget to build it before hand (freeways are expensive to build since they are so long). The toll roads are also not the only way to get somewhere, just the fastest in some cases. Every day on my way to work I drive on a road that was originally a toll road that was paid off decades ago. If a road is built as a toll road as a way to increase the revenue, then that is wrong (or such that it is the only way to get to important places like the airport, fuck places that do that).

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

It will be interesting to see where the marijuana tax goes to. They say $250,000 a year per business will be made.....

Same place all the millions of dollars went from legalizing gambling...back into the politicians and lobbyists pockets. Gambling was supposed to reduce property taxes. When you have the second largest state legislature in the nation, there are a lot of hands to grease.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from wamoc:

It all depends on the reason for it being a toll road. Here in Colorado, any roads that are built as toll roads can only collect tolls until the road is paid off (it is written into law).

The PA Turnpike was to be like that. So they just piled on 11.8 billion in debt so it will never be paid off.

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-gas-law-potential-/page/2?hl=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.