(Topic ID: 288885)

New Game Theme Must-Haves for Production Pins...

By VMAX

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

With both “Kong v Godzilla” and “Dune” premiering this year, it would be a crime against humanity and an industry omission for us not to get both themes for pinball machines.

Any comments on these themes? Or on other themes that absolutely need to be pin titles?

#2 3 years ago

Dune would be crazy good.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Stern would just retheme ST and make the gorgon a sandworm.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

I don’t think so. Too many designers in the stable now for that sort of nonsense.

#5 3 years ago

Doubtful, but there are worse things.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Wouldn’t it? It would be epic.

#7 3 years ago

Regarding Dune as a theme and what would be a must-have for it: while it would be a crime to only focus on the worms (as the story is so rich/deep for the series) they are certainly a key and memorable element. As such, a really strong theme/musical-score with soul-crushing bass (the range/tone not the fish, you animals) would be key. For a similar reason, if you know the series, a shaker would maybe be a mandatory thing for this theme.

#8 3 years ago

Stern would just retheme ST and make the gorgon a sandworm

Boy is that stupid.

Dune based on the 84 film and I'm in but this new shit? not interested.

Seems to be the next Stern is Godzilla so while it would be ok based on this new film I would prefer a version based on the 70's 80's stuff out of Japan.

#9 3 years ago

Zack id say:

JAWS
    Goonies
    Back To The Future remake
    Princess Bride
    Labyrinth
    Evil Dead
    Monster Squad
    Spaceballs
    Coneheads
    Killer Klowns From Outer Space
    Cool World
    Three Amigos
    Tango & Cash
    Caddy Shack
    Dazed & Confused
    Dumb & Dumber
    The Fifth Element
    Big Trouble In Little China
    From Dusk til Dawn
    Kill Bill
    Total Recall
    Resident Evil
    Matrix
    Harry Potter
    Beetlejuice
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
    Pink Floyd
    Bob Marley
    Greatful Dead
    Wayne’s World
    Men In Black
    James Bond /007
    Fast & The Furious
    Tron 1982
    Gremlins
    Little Shop of Horrors
    Short Circuit
    Pulp Fiction

#10 3 years ago

Themes that would i would snap up:

Twin Peaks
    Tool
    Beetlejuice
    Blade runner

#11 3 years ago

TOP GUN: MAVERICK
    - The Top Gun Theme music combined with dogfighting aircraft would have the hair standing on the back of my neck. The serving of country in a moment of hard times and a movie which was scheduled for release this year. I'd say a big opportunity is missed if this theme passes by.

THE MATRIX 4
    - The original Matrix is beloved. Scheduled for release late this year; I can't fathom how many would buy the theme, but a Matrix pin better have some jaw-dropping mechs and code or it's a pointless venture.

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 8
    - That classic investigative music with an all-new story-line. Creative espionage tools and gadgets used in a barrage of sub-missions leading to solving the wizard-mode-case. Oooooh, I love detective stuff! Scheduled for release next year, how could this be passed up.

#12 3 years ago

A Dune Pinball would be as boring as the new movie will be
    (I like the books, the movies will always suck)

#13 3 years ago

My heart says Jaws but my brain is telling me Matrix. The kid in me wants Bill and Ted's!

11 months later
    #14 2 years ago

I’ve long maintained that Futurama would be great with more material than you could fit in a pin . With Hulu renewing the series for 20 new episodes now is the time for some brave , money loving manufacturer to secure the license and build a masterpiece . This pin must be given the Star treatment from a designer who’s a fan of the show so it’s done right - no half baked efforts please . Greatest call out of all time ? ‘Bender’ “ bite my shiny metal balls !
    Who’s in ? And who should design it ?

#15 2 years ago

I would be in. I've always believed that Futurama need a pin, and that there are more than enough fans to support it. And those that still route pins would find it a huge money maker due to instant recognizability and appeal, much like South Park. (Only better, if they don't make it suck.) Just think of all the possibilities with toys, callouts, episode references, etc... Not to mention the great graphic opportunities and potential light show. But it should be built by Stern, in order to make sure that there are enough units built, and at a reasonable (???) price point, rather than the limited edition boutique, "place your order now, oops too late" expensive approach.

3 months later
    #16 1 year ago

What ive always wanted to see designed, would be a G-1 Transformers pinball machine themed and based on the original 1980s animated TV show. Or even better would be one based on 1986 Transformers the Movie. The soundtrack would be pure awsomeness in the highest degree.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-theme-must-haves-for-production-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.