Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 474 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PAPPYBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

85c74600a1925c9acefd7596a7ea5156b6bad245.gif.gif
    IMG_3803 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3802 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3795 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3794 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3793 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3792 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3791 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3790 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3789 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3788 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3787 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3785 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3783 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3782 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider richthofen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#259 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing, this is an amazing project. What will your floor to ceiling height be after this? did you consider digging deeper in the new area than the old to get more headroom?

1 week later
    #277 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

As I have noted the total cost for construction was near 60k. Unlike kitchen cabinets this investment added close to 1100 sq feet of residence which in this area is an Easy justification. Yes I did most of the work myself other then the dig but it was an investment of time I see worth it. A pool, kitchen etc or most improvements if you recover 40% your lucky as they are a personal interest. Adding square footage on the other hand is an easy write off now and later.

First of all, 60k looks like a steal for the amount of materials and labor this must have taken. You rent heavy equipment and operators like that and shit cost adds up quick. Nice work managing the budget!

Second, yeah I think knowing it’s “only” 60k means if you’re in the neighborhood for the rest of your life then not moving and just adding on makes sense. And unlike a pool, a finished basement actually adds value. Garages and finished basements are often high on buyers lists. Pools are a giant headache and probably don’t add any real value IMHO. I just use the indoor, year round, heated pool at the JCC in my neighborhood.

I noticed you did a lot of the plumbing yourself. What would you say the split is between your work and contracted work?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider richthofen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-room-underground-excavation-and-expansion-for-themodcouple?tu=richthofen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.