Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 474 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PAPPYBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

85c74600a1925c9acefd7596a7ea5156b6bad245.gif.gif
    IMG_3803 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3802 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3795 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3794 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3793 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3792 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3791 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3790 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3789 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3788 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3787 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3785 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3783 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3782 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AUKraut.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#262 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

KK its like your reading my mind.... lol Granted I am Not envisioning a bunch of drunk dudes in spandex underoos hanging around the game room!! I am however adding some Bat-Cave theme elements to implement some of the smart technology. As the entry command center I picked up this Batman Shakespeare statue to modify and integrate an Alexa Echo into. Flip his head back and control all lighting, game powered outlets, dimming, music, etc. Even picked up a matching red Batphone to complete the look. My wife thought this step was a bit to far but Hey, I dug a cave may as well go with it!! My target date which I feel confident to achieve is July 4. Here's hoping!![quoted image]

Dagnabbit David.....bad enough you sell a bunch of must have accessories for inside my pin and empty my PayPal account that way, now you got me buying accessories that will sit NEXT to my pin......aaarrrggghhhh!!!

1 week later
    #296 4 years ago

Very Impressive, been watching this since day one. $60K for all this?? Wow.....

Did you ever calculate/estimate how much this would have cost if you hadn't of done the majority of the non-concrete work yourself, i.e. a hands-off turnkey upgrade where David got 8 hours of sleep a night option, sipping coffee in the morning watching others do work?? Betcha it would have been closer to $100K...

1 week later
    #374 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Its actually rather simple. With the game on the dolly at the edge of the stair I connect the cable to the axel and roll it forward. As the cable is captive between the game and the steel dolly handle it pretty much lowers it while moving forward on its own. I do keep a high tech sock (lol) on the edge of the game to keep the cable from touching the wood cabinet at that point. A piece of rubber hose on the last three feet of cable would look fancier but I improvised. As it starts the lay down the wheels as shown are locked on track and the handle slowly sets down to ride the center track. While the game is strapped to the dolly (just in case) the cable is between the game and steel handle so it really can’t lift up more then 3” technically though I do prefer to walk behind it while mama takes instruction on the Up/Down remote. At the bottom of the landing the wheels touch down and the game basically slowly stands upright with the cable now on the dolly handle again. Rather smooth and Hella simple.

Sounds cool and very Rube Goldbergish.......ok, now we have to see a vid of it in action!!!

#407 4 years ago
    Quoted from andrewket:

I’d love to do something like this, but having a winch mounted directly to the wall in front of our basement stairs is a non-starter for the wife. I MIGHT get away with a hook where I could mount a pulley only when moving pins. Hmm.

They do make removable mounts for winches that you could hide, and then bring out the winch and mount it when needed....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AUKraut.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-room-underground-excavation-and-expansion-for-themodcouple?tu=AUKraut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.