Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 474 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PAPPYBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

85c74600a1925c9acefd7596a7ea5156b6bad245.gif.gif
    IMG_3803 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3802 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3795 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3794 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3793 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3792 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3791 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3790 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3789 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3788 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3787 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3785 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3783 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3782 (resized).jpeg

There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
    #401 4 years ago

Your killen us, I saw some preview pics of the new space on your new game review. We need some pics of that killer space here.

#402 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Your killen is, I saw some preview pics of the new space on your new game review. We need some pics of that killer space.

Tonight I am going to setup All the games and full share photos as promised. Amazing how the final simple details can seem like a chore... 4 more games, bar, and theater and it’s done in my book for now.

#403 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

it’s done in my book for now.

HaHaHaHa .... You have maintained your sense of humor throughout this whole process! We all know its never done, there is always another game, accessory, idea, etc. - you have probably already wondered if this space will be big enough!

#404 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Tonight I am going to setup All the games and full share photos as promised. Amazing how the final simple details can seem like a chore... 4 more games, bar, and theater and it’s done in my book for now.

I just hope you and your family are able to enjoy the space today, happy 4th.

#405 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

All I can say is What A Busy weekend! Yikes I had no idea moving that many games plus setting them up would be in one day. My back is feeling it. Luckily NOT from carrying them down the stairs though. The winch worked Perfectly without a hitch. With wood and winch roughly $200 and the best money I ever spent. Even did the scary large old coin op games like the Scientific Batting Practice I had restored. If you ever seen one they are Massive! Same goes for the Genco Motorama which is mostly glass. I will do a separate write up soon but wanted to share some pics as the design is fairly straight forward. Made the tracks out of 5.5" door molding with 1x2's on the edges to keep the cart and handle on track so to speak. Even a pair of JJP Pirates didn't make the winch sweat. I designed the track to have a simple screws (one top, one at bottom) which thread into inserts I installed in the stair. The ramps also have a hinge in the center so when I am done they fold in half and can slide under a pin. The winch assembly is also on a simple wiz nut setup so it comes off fast. Takes 4 minutes (timed) to install the entire setup and remove. All and all worked perfectly and for my use up or down this will solve our issues for many years to come.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’d love to do something like this, but having a winch mounted directly to the wall in front of our basement stairs is a non-starter for the wife. I MIGHT get away with a hook where I could mount a pulley only when moving pins. Hmm.

#406 4 years ago

@yelobird

Can hardly wait for pics showing games in place. This project has given me a new lease on life, feeling that together we can accomplish anything. You’ve built something we all want ... more space for pins (way more). Your approach minimized costs and it surprised everyone .... by choosing to dig downward (very counterintuitive). You’ve got what we all aspire to .... a nice gameroom (very nice). You’ve amassed something we all lust after ... pinball, arcade and mechanical games (wowza good stuff).

Will we be reading your posts or just about you on Pinside?

#407 4 years ago
    Quoted from andrewket:

I’d love to do something like this, but having a winch mounted directly to the wall in front of our basement stairs is a non-starter for the wife. I MIGHT get away with a hook where I could mount a pulley only when moving pins. Hmm.

They do make removable mounts for winches that you could hide, and then bring out the winch and mount it when needed....

#408 4 years ago
    Quoted from andrewket:

Good points just know the winch install for my setup can be done in Many ways. Mine as I stated actually comes off in in minutes leaving only 4 chrome nuts roughly 1/2”. It could also be mounted on the floor with a single added pulley at the stair to guide the cable or even on the ceiling with the same pulley. You only see the winch when a new game is coming home. My wife already made note of fearing when she sees the winch coming out. Lol

#409 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

yelobird
    Can hardly wait for pics showing games in place. This project has given me a new lease on life, feeling that together we can accomplish anything. You’ve built something we all want ... more space for pins (way more). Your approach minimized costs and it surprised everyone .... by choosing to dig downward (very counterintuitive). You’ve got what we all aspire to .... a nice gameroom (very nice). You’ve amassed something we all lust after ... pinball, arcade and mechanical games (wowza good stuff).
    Will we be reading your posts or just about you on Pinside?

Thank you so very much for the kind words. Yes as we all know we go to great lengths to add just one more pin or save just one more inch in hopes to shoe horn in the latest Must have find. We all love and enjoy this hobby and it’s inspiring to have a community like Pinside or even RGP to share our passion together. For us, the honest inspiration for this expansion was a return home for our daughter and grand daughter in August to provide additional space for the kids toys and grandpas! I stayed pretty much on budget and schedule but made every effort to build something we could enjoy for Many years as a family as well as our home. When you see the final pics I hope many will see it as a success as we do. Thanks again it truly was fun to share our Crazy project with like minded interests.

#410 4 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

HaHaHaHa .... You have maintained your sense of humor throughout this whole process! We all know its never done, there is always another game, accessory, idea, etc. - you have probably already wondered if this space will be big enough!

Humor yes but at times my sanity and back not so much! You are correct and my wife made the same comment about never done. Each day she would ask, “how’s it going” and my answer was always “with this layout change I think I have space for X more games!!” Which was always followed by UMPHHH!

#411 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Good points just know the winch install for my setup can be done in Many ways. Mine as I stated actually comes off in in minutes leaving only 4 chrome nuts roughly 1/2”. It could also be mounted on the floor with a single added pulley at the stair to guide the cable or even on the ceiling with the same pulley. You only see the winch when a new game is coming home. My wife already made note of fearing when she sees the winch coming out. Lol

When winch is out in storage, could you make a small shelf that fits the same foot print, ?

#412 4 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

They do make removable mounts for winches that you could hide, and then bring out the winch and mount it when needed....

Oh? Thanks for the pointer. I’ll go look.

#413 4 years ago

Game room is OPEN! After many long nights and months of planning my target date of July 4th is here. Yes a few minor trim pieces and a few games still need minor adjustments but the vision and result is Finally a reality. Thanks to those that followed along I understand this might not be everyones dream setup or adventure but for us it was a long envisioned wish that as luck would have it also falls on our 26th anniversary July 3. So without further a-due we would like to show the final result (minus some details still to finish) and hope you enjoy. Ask any questions if you like I am putting down the hammer and Playing Some PINBALL!!!!

IMG_3769 (resized).jpegIMG_3769 (resized).jpegIMG_3771 (resized).jpegIMG_3771 (resized).jpegIMG_3776 (resized).jpegIMG_3776 (resized).jpegIMG_3798 (resized).jpegIMG_3798 (resized).jpeg
    #414 4 years ago
    IMG_3772 (resized).jpegIMG_3772 (resized).jpegIMG_3773 (resized).jpegIMG_3773 (resized).jpegIMG_3774 (resized).jpegIMG_3774 (resized).jpegIMG_3775 (resized).jpegIMG_3775 (resized).jpegIMG_3777 (resized).jpegIMG_3777 (resized).jpegIMG_3778 (resized).jpegIMG_3778 (resized).jpeg
    #415 4 years ago
    IMG_3780 (resized).jpegIMG_3780 (resized).jpegIMG_3781 (resized).jpegIMG_3781 (resized).jpegIMG_3782 (resized).jpegIMG_3782 (resized).jpegIMG_3783 (resized).jpegIMG_3783 (resized).jpegIMG_3784 (resized).jpegIMG_3784 (resized).jpegIMG_3785 (resized).jpegIMG_3785 (resized).jpegIMG_3787 (resized).jpegIMG_3787 (resized).jpeg
    #416 4 years ago
    IMG_3788 (resized).jpegIMG_3788 (resized).jpegIMG_3789 (resized).jpegIMG_3789 (resized).jpegIMG_3790 (resized).jpegIMG_3790 (resized).jpegIMG_3791 (resized).jpegIMG_3791 (resized).jpegIMG_3792 (resized).jpegIMG_3792 (resized).jpegIMG_3793 (resized).jpegIMG_3793 (resized).jpegIMG_3794 (resized).jpegIMG_3794 (resized).jpeg
    #417 4 years ago
    IMG_3795 (resized).jpegIMG_3795 (resized).jpegIMG_3802 (resized).jpegIMG_3802 (resized).jpegIMG_3803 (resized).jpegIMG_3803 (resized).jpeg
    #418 4 years ago

What an amazing looking space and collection!!! Great job!!!

#419 4 years ago

Beautiful!!!!

#420 4 years ago

Much yet to do but I Need a weekend to just Play these amazing machines. As mentioned I am a cheap bastard in some things so I wanted to share a tip. That entire bar Brand New all solid wood with stools all new in the box was purchased for $450!!! I use an app called OfferUp and you would be Amazed what is for sale in your area. Think Ebay meets Craigslist without cost or clowns lol. Strongly recommended to find some amazing stuff Cheap!!!

#421 4 years ago

Awesome, well done and thanks for sharing

#422 4 years ago
    Quoted from Macca101010:

Awesome, well done and thanks for sharing

Thank you for joining us!

#423 4 years ago

Spectacular! Congratulations!

#424 4 years ago

Wow the place is incredible. Congrats.

#425 4 years ago

This deserves a standing ovation!

#426 4 years ago

2 pirates?

#427 4 years ago

Arrrrrr YES! lol Its a Special one...... Need to get the Jay man over with Terry soon!

#428 4 years ago

Absolutely a great space! Thanks for bringing us along for the ride!

#429 4 years ago

All amazing: the plan, the rooms, the collection and THIS THREAD !!
    Thank you for sharing it.

#430 4 years ago

Holy crap! Very cool!

#432 4 years ago

I know you have been crazy busy but how is Cosmic Carnival so far?

#433 4 years ago
    Quoted from Krh13:

I know you have been crazy busy but how is Cosmic Carnival so far?

Won't lie I was rather focused on my goal to finish the gameroom on time. I maybe played it 5 times but this weekend they All get a good reminder of how bad I play! lol It's a fun game though just need to learn more about the modes and objectives. I think it will be a keeper.

#434 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Won't lie I was rather focused on my goal to finish the gameroom on time. I maybe played it 5 times but this weekend they All get a good reminder of how bad I play! lol It's a fun game though just need to learn more about the modes and objectives. I think it will be a keeper.

I just saw your review thread on the machine and am reading it now. Congrats on your amazing new space!

#435 4 years ago

Awesome gameroom, unique items in there. And the speed which you finished this.......amazing....I envy you for that!

#436 4 years ago

Very nice!

#437 4 years ago

I congratulate you on a wonderful achievement in absolutely record time and for having the vision and capability of bringing your dream to fruition. Most importantly you have developed a gameroom with loads of character and a diversity of machines and a theme/s which befit the space. I keep on looking at that forest scene at the window-that sure provides a fabulous touch. And finally despite the immense workload you set yourself you have provided a terrific and continuous thread of great clarity and purpose and been extremely patient and thoughtful in your responses to so many questions. In so doing you have provided a material contribution to the integrity of Pinside.

#438 4 years ago

Awesome work, great room enjoy all your hard work!

#439 4 years ago

Great job! So cool to see how things went from a bunch of dirt to this.

#440 4 years ago

I love it! Fantastic! So Jealous!

#441 4 years ago
    85c74600a1925c9acefd7596a7ea5156b6bad245.gif.gif85c74600a1925c9acefd7596a7ea5156b6bad245.gif.gif
    #442 4 years ago

What's the name of the basketball EM game you've got, I'd like to do some more googling on it. Looks like a bit of a monster to move but really cool. Clay has a lot of unique EM's at VFW and his place is about the only place I've gotten to play them but I don't recall seeing that one.

#443 4 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

What's the name of the basketball EM game you've got, I'd like to do some more googling on it. Looks like a bit of a monster to move but really cool. Clay has a lot of unique EM's at VFW and his place is about the only place I've gotten to play them but I don't recall seeing that one.

That would be a Chicago Coin Basketball Pro 1961. Really a fun game and to my amazement the one old game my wife always goes down to play. This game was meticulously restored to like new and we are proud to display it in our collection. Believe it or not really not a difficult game to move as the legs come off as does the top segment and glass with only a few screws. We love it.

#444 4 years ago
    Quoted from wayner:

I congratulate you on a wonderful achievement in absolutely record time...

LOL, I got tired just thinking about all his hard work!

#445 4 years ago

I am filled with envy. You have a beautiful space that you should be proud of. The work your family put into this really shows. If I could pay 60K to instantly have this space below my house in Texas I would.

#446 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnsbit:

I am filled with Envy. You have a beautiful space that you should be proud of. The work your family put into this really shows. If I could pay 60K to instantly have this space below my house in Texas I would.

In Texas you might find Oil and then the project would be free! Win win. Lol Thanks so much for the kind words. We hope to enjoy the space with family and friends for many years to come. Apparently now that I added a bar I have to buy alcohol to stock it? Lol. As a casual at best drinker this should be a shopping experience!?! Hoping to get the theater online this weekend so the grandkids can eat popcorn and watch flicks with grandpa.

#447 4 years ago

You have one of the Genco driving games. Too cool !

LTG : )

#448 4 years ago

Definitely major props on this. Winching in and out adds a nice layer of security as well. Guessing you've done some serious camera action at key points.

Way too much granite in my region to even contemplate, but I've already cleared, graded a space for entire new side building. Maybe someday....But currently worn out w machines I already have....

Enjoy...Looks beautiful....

#449 4 years ago

I want all of this!!! I still see some slots for a couple machines we can fill for ya haha

Amazing work as always Dave and Darcy

#450 4 years ago

Awesome game room!

There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-room-underground-excavation-and-expansion-for-themodcouple/page/9?hl=otto110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.