Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 474 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PAPPYBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

85c74600a1925c9acefd7596a7ea5156b6bad245.gif.gif
    IMG_3803 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3802 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3795 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3794 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3793 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3792 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3791 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3790 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3789 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3788 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3787 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3785 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3783 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3782 (resized).jpeg
    There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
    #351 4 years ago

You using fiber optic or real neon?

#352 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Mid Saturday break but many goals met. Walls primed and painted, Electrical and lighting in Mod Couple area, base mold going down tonight along with perimeter Neon. Buttoned up the final circuits in the electrical panel and we voted Dr Who should be the First game down the runway as it was our first DMD pin (second to an Alien Poker which I still have). If I get all my misc chores done tonight the games start to roll in. Have 2 more games arriving Monday, (Deadpool LE, and #001 Cosmic Carnaval!) This will happen SO very close. Going to give that winch a full on test tomorrow and for sure I will take pics.[quoted image]

How come the curly Q's on some of the wires?

#353 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing what an AWESOME gameroom that will be! Making a note to self: When building a gameroom that is lower floor dig deep enough for extra high ceilings to install drop ceiling to hide duct work.

#354 4 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

How come the curly Q's on some of the wires?

I learned that from an old school electrician long ago. You always want as much extra wire in the box as possible for changes and I am a stickler for a clean box so a simple wire spin can consolidate 1 foot of extra wire in a clean and tidy space. Kind of an OCD thing but I can't stand seeing a power panel that looks like a birds nest. You should be able to look in there and see Exactly where every wire goes without probing.

#355 4 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

You using fiber optic or real neon?

Its actually a neon rope 120v. A bit more pricey but standard LED in a 150' run looses its color half way around the room for an odd look unless you break it up into Many short segments. Neon is up now and looks great to me. Also finished installing toilet, new oak office door, new bifold door closet, base molding, finished some loose end tiles in the other game area, installed the Alexa (Hedley) and phone, setup behind games storage racks and bins, and brought a dozen games in. A fun day but productive seeing the toys find their place finally. Tomorrow is the big haul with coin op games, slot machines, and more pins. Hope the Aleeve bottle is full....

#356 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I am a stickler for a clean box.

Yeah, I much prefer them to be clean.

#357 4 years ago

Just stumbled across this thread... F Me!! Wow. My limbs are utterly green. Looks amazing, congrats.

#358 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Also finished installing toilet

What? All this premium work and no Washlet? With the walls open, now is the time to DO IT (you need a GFI outlet below the tank).

#359 4 years ago

I’ve enjoyed watching your game room vision become a reality...impressive.

I was blown away with this... “As luck would have it I have an OMAX Waterjet ”

Now I’m jealous.

#360 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

What? All this premium work and no Washlet? With the walls open, now is the time to DO IT (you need a GFI outlet below the tank).

That is an in series GFCI correctly tied to the one above. I am about the details but good eye.

#361 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rody:

I’ve enjoyed watching your game room vision become a reality...impressive.
    I was blown away with this... “As luck would have it I have an OMAX Waterjet ”
    Now I’m jealous.

That’s awesome always love to here from a customer I do hope your happy. I’m the senior regional manager. I assume you worked with my friend Brian D or G&W Glenn.

#362 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

That is an in series GFCI correctly tied to the one above. I am about the details but good eye.

Get that washlet ordered while it's easy to add the outlet! You will not regret it. S350 or S550 work on most elongated bowls as-is. (Or add the outlet while the walls are open, at least)

#363 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

That’s awesome always love to here from a customer I do hope your happy. I’m the senior regional manager. I assume you worked with my friend Brian D or G&W Glenn.

Not a customer...yet.

I am a fabricator, but one off custom work does not support the financial expenditure owning an omax would require... unless you have a demo model that needs a home for a little bit

#364 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rody:

Not a customer...yet.
    I am a fabricator, but one off custom work does not support the financial expenditure owning an omax would require... unless you have a demo model that needs a home for a little bit

I can promise you I will find the right machine at the right price to fit your production needs. Reach out anytime!

#365 4 years ago

All I can say is What A Busy weekend! Yikes I had no idea moving that many games plus setting them up would be in one day. My back is feeling it. Luckily NOT from carrying them down the stairs though. The winch worked Perfectly without a hitch. With wood and winch roughly $200 and the best money I ever spent. Even did the scary large old coin op games like the Scientific Batting Practice I had restored. If you ever seen one they are Massive! Same goes for the Genco Motorama which is mostly glass. I will do a separate write up soon but wanted to share some pics as the design is fairly straight forward. Made the tracks out of 5.5" door molding with 1x2's on the edges to keep the cart and handle on track so to speak. Even a pair of JJP Pirates didn't make the winch sweat. I designed the track to have a simple screws (one top, one at bottom) which thread into inserts I installed in the stair. The ramps also have a hinge in the center so when I am done they fold in half and can slide under a pin. The winch assembly is also on a simple wiz nut setup so it comes off fast. Takes 4 minutes (timed) to install the entire setup and remove. All and all worked perfectly and for my use up or down this will solve our issues for many years to come.

IMG_3693 (resized).jpegIMG_3693 (resized).jpegIMG_3695 (resized).jpegIMG_3695 (resized).jpegIMG_3697 (resized).jpegIMG_3697 (resized).jpegIMG_3700 (resized).jpegIMG_3700 (resized).jpegIMG_3704 (resized).jpegIMG_3704 (resized).jpegIMG_3705 (resized).jpegIMG_3705 (resized).jpeg
    #366 4 years ago

If anyone likes to look at wood.....lol

IMG_3663 (resized).jpegIMG_3663 (resized).jpeg
    #367 4 years ago

more pics of everything would be great

#368 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

All I can say is What A Busy weekend! Yikes I had no idea moving that many games plus setting them up would be in one day. My back is feeling it. Luckily NOT from carrying them down the stairs though. The winch worked Perfectly without a hitch. With wood and winch roughly $200 and the best money I ever spent. Even did the scary large old coin op games like the Scientific Batting Practice I had restored. If you ever seen one they are Massive! Same goes for the Genco Motorama which is mostly glass. I will do a separate write up soon but wanted to share some pics as the design is fairly straight forward. Made the tracks out of 5.5" door molding with 1x2's on the edges to keep the cart and handle on track so to speak. Even a pair of JJP Pirates didn't make the winch sweat. I designed the track to have a simple screws (one top, one at bottom) which thread into inserts I installed in the stair. The ramps also have a hinge in the center so when I am done they fold in half and can slide under a pin. The winch assembly is also on a simple wiz nut setup so it comes off fast. Takes 4 minutes (timed) to install the entire setup and remove. All and all worked perfectly and for my use up or down this will solve our issues for many years to come.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

how do you initially lower the machine onto the stairs?

#369 4 years ago

This is very cool.

#370 4 years ago

Let's see those games set up in the new space!

#371 4 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Let's see those games set up in the new space!

Soon I promise! As luck would have it I have to go out of town for a work trip but the final pics and deadline are still in reach! Now I still need to move in a few more game and then level setup 30 plus games. Umph.

#372 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

how do you initially lower the machine onto the stairs?

Its actually rather simple. With the game on the dolly at the edge of the stair I connect the cable to the axel and roll it forward. As the cable is captive between the game and the steel dolly handle it pretty much lowers it while moving forward on its own. I do keep a high tech sock (lol) on the edge of the game to keep the cable from touching the wood cabinet at that point. A piece of rubber hose on the last three feet of cable would look fancier but I improvised. As it starts the lay down the wheels as shown are locked on track and the handle slowly sets down to ride the center track. While the game is strapped to the dolly (just in case) the cable is between the game and steel handle so it really can’t lift up more then 3” technically though I do prefer to walk behind it while mama takes instruction on the Up/Down remote. At the bottom of the landing the wheels touch down and the game basically slowly stands upright with the cable now on the dolly handle again. Rather smooth and Hella simple.

#373 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Lol. Didn’t think I was going to share This level of detail but Yes we opted for a Washlet also and that’s what that other lower GFCI is for. So a non pin crapper photo for those interested. Must say it took awhile to get used to but so much better then paper but I’ll leave the detail for your own research lol.

A9E801C2-42BC-4BCD-8B16-BA026881E8B7 (resized).jpegA9E801C2-42BC-4BCD-8B16-BA026881E8B7 (resized).jpeg
    #374 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Its actually rather simple. With the game on the dolly at the edge of the stair I connect the cable to the axel and roll it forward. As the cable is captive between the game and the steel dolly handle it pretty much lowers it while moving forward on its own. I do keep a high tech sock (lol) on the edge of the game to keep the cable from touching the wood cabinet at that point. A piece of rubber hose on the last three feet of cable would look fancier but I improvised. As it starts the lay down the wheels as shown are locked on track and the handle slowly sets down to ride the center track. While the game is strapped to the dolly (just in case) the cable is between the game and steel handle so it really can’t lift up more then 3” technically though I do prefer to walk behind it while mama takes instruction on the Up/Down remote. At the bottom of the landing the wheels touch down and the game basically slowly stands upright with the cable now on the dolly handle again. Rather smooth and Hella simple.

Sounds cool and very Rube Goldbergish.......ok, now we have to see a vid of it in action!!!

#375 4 years ago

I'm suprised you didn't get a wireless winch control, they sell them at harborfreight for $40.

Quoted from Yelobird:

#376 4 years ago
    Quoted from Drewscruis:

I'm suprised you didn't get a wireless winch control, they sell them at harborfreight for $40.

Yes they do you are correct. However as there is so much at stake and I Strongly feel this type of work should always be done as a team effort “just in case” I felt more comfortable having an operator/spotter up top to keep an eye on me and things. I call it a marriage trust simulation lol. The cable provided does reach almost all the way down if I had to though.

#377 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol. Didn’t think I was going to share This level of detail but Yes we opted for a Washlet also and that’s what that other lower GFCI is for. So a non pin crapper photo for those interested. Must say it took awhile to get used to but so much better then paper but I’ll leave the detail for your own research lol.[quoted image]

They do take getting used to. That first squirt always wakes you up!

#378 4 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

They do take getting used to. That first squirt always wakes you up!

Yes it Does! But luckily this unit has a heated seat and heated water. Can't believe I am getting into This much detail lololol.

#379 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes it Does! But luckily this unit has a heated seat and heated water. Can't believe I am getting into This much detail lololol.

Ours too, does your have the osculating, pulse, blow dry options?

#380 4 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Ours too, does your have the osculating, pulse, blow dry options?

Yes every option lol.

#381 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes every option lol.

The one you have to be careful of is the enema option (or just too strong on the jets). Totos dialed back the pressure available on all their models starting with the S300s a few years ago because even though there was a warning in the manual about over-use of the enema/strong jets mode, people were not listening and ended up with degraded sphincter strength (i.e. leaky butts). I know most of the higher end Bio-bidets still have this mode, so if you do, or even if the jets have the ability to go very strong, be careful with it. With great power comes great responsibility.

#382 4 years ago

This infomercial has been very eye opening to say the least, but when is the regularly scheduled programming starting again? LOL

#383 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

This infomercial has been very eye opening to say the least, but when is the regularly scheduled programming starting again? LOL

Have to agree on that lol. I do love the detail and feedback most glean from the photos which is appreciated. Surprised how I got stuck on the toilet though. lol

And so we can complete this conversation, Yes we also have a Squatty Potty and yes it works! lolol

#384 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Surprised how I got stuck on the toilet though. we also have a Squatty Potty and yes it works! lolol

Well it’s always about the finer things in life afterall

#385 4 years ago

The Squatty Potty is a real life changer.

#386 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Have to agree on that lol. I do love the detail and feedback most glean from the photos which is appreciated. Surprised how I got stuck on the toilet though. lol
    And so we can complete this conversation, Yes we also have a Squatty Potty and yes it works! lolol

Man this thread has really gone down the drain, lol

#387 4 years ago
    Quoted from LargemouthAss:

I wish i never googled that!!!!

#388 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

The one you have to be careful of is the enema option (or just too strong on the jets). Totos dialed back the pressure available on all their models starting with the S300s a few years ago because even though there was a warning in the manual about over-use of the enema/strong jets mode, people were not listening and ended up with degraded sphincter strength (i.e. leaky butts). I know most of the higher end Bio-bidets still have this mode, so if you do, or even if the jets have the ability to go very strong, be careful with it. With great power comes great responsibility.

Yeah I was gonna ask what a Washlet is but uh.. yeah I guess I don’t need to. Oh, thanks for all the detail, BTW.

#389 4 years ago
    Quoted from LargemouthAss:

LOL my wife got one of these for me 2 years ago. It lasted 4 months before I chucked it

#390 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL my wife got one of these for me 2 years ago. It lasted 4 months before I chucked it

Best commercial, ever:

#391 4 years ago

Come on guys!! I see a bunch of new posts in the thread - and I'm sure I'm about to see games on that beautiful new floor - butt noooooooooooo. It's a poop discussion.

#392 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

All I can say is What A Busy weekend! Yikes I had no idea moving that many games plus setting them up would be in one day. My back is feeling it. Luckily NOT from carrying them down the stairs though. The winch worked Perfectly without a hitch. With wood and winch roughly $200 and the best money I ever spent. Even did the scary large old coin op games like the Scientific Batting Practice I had restored. If you ever seen one they are Massive! Same goes for the Genco Motorama which is mostly glass. I will do a separate write up soon but wanted to share some pics as the design is fairly straight forward. Made the tracks out of 5.5" door molding with 1x2's on the edges to keep the cart and handle on track so to speak. Even a pair of JJP Pirates didn't make the winch sweat. I designed the track to have a simple screws (one top, one at bottom) which thread into inserts I installed in the stair. The ramps also have a hinge in the center so when I am done they fold in half and can slide under a pin. The winch assembly is also on a simple wiz nut setup so it comes off fast. Takes 4 minutes (timed) to install the entire setup and remove. All and all worked perfectly and for my use up or down this will solve our issues for many years to come.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Time for a video!

#393 4 years ago

My eyes cannot unsee the sqatty potty !

#394 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Time for a video!

I will I promise. Had a work trip out of town but all but 3 games are in the room now. Our Cozmic Carnival #001 arrived today so excited to get that down the winch and get her setup tomorrow. Now I still have to level, wax, and fine tune all the games.... Procrastinating on that but I want to avoid doing one and just playing all night. Finished adding the room fixtures and moving in the last 80's collection pieces. I forgot just how heavy Embryon is like moving a cow.

#395 4 years ago

Looking so good. You must be thrilled with the way it’s turned out. Bet you happy to see light at the end of the tunnel.
    Awesome build mate.

#396 4 years ago

Your Scientific Batting Practice is beautiful. I have not seen that game in over 40 years. Playland arcade in Lavallette, NJ had one back in the 60s and 70s then it was gone in the 80s. I always wondered where that collection of classic games ended up. There were many.....and the pitch and bats.......I could go on and on.

#397 4 years ago

Yelobird you ready to sell that Chicago Coin All Star Hockey yet?

#398 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Yelobird you ready to sell that Chicago Coin All Star Hockey yet?

Um, No. lol While not everyones flavor that game is truly a special pre-war example of Chicago creative coin op. The art deco wood design cabinet is something they would never even make the effort to do these days. Amazing.

#399 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Um, No. lol While not everyones flavor that game is truly a special pre-war example of Chicago creative coin op. The art deco wood design cabinet is something they would never even make the effort to do these days. Amazing.

Agree! I see you have the GOALEE as well! I have one that I am 90% complete on restoring but unfortunately it's back East and wont be finished anytime soon!

#400 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Agree! I see you have the GOALEE as well! I have one that I am 90% complete on restoring but unfortunately it's back East and wont be finished anytime soon!

Keep it going they are worth the love. While not as fast paced as some of the new technology these old games are amazing when you look at what they made back then. Simply beautiful work.

There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-room-underground-excavation-and-expansion-for-themodcouple/page/8?hl=flynnsbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.