Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 474 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PAPPYBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

85c74600a1925c9acefd7596a7ea5156b6bad245.gif.gif
    IMG_3803 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3802 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3795 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3794 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3793 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3792 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3791 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3790 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3789 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3788 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3787 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3785 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3783 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3782 (resized).jpeg

There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
    #301 4 years ago

With limited access to the Fun area I opted to spend the evening in the bathroom. Working! A snug fit but I managed to get the floor in and install the dry sauna. Still need to trim it out but it came out as expected.

IMG_3657 (resized).jpegIMG_3657 (resized).jpeg
    #302 4 years ago

How is the smell from the epoxy? I'm thinking of getting my attached garage done some day.

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from Drewscruis:

How is the smell from the epoxy? I'm thinking of getting my attached garage done some day.

Surprisingly No smell at all. That was one of my first concerns but the new system they use has little to no smell at all.

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Surprisingly No smell at all. That was one of my first concerns but the new system they use has little to no smell at all.

Good to know...I was curious as well.

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Good to know...I was curious as well.

I was more curious if walking on those golf spikes spreading epoxy if they ever fell down. lol He said it has happened twice in his 20 year carrier. Like being tarred and feathered as he put it. lol I really can't express how impressed I am with the finish and excited to share. Definitely not a DIY kind of job in my opinion. For those interested the 1300 square feet I had them do in a Custom 2 tone marble finish was 2300 cash price. This included the industrial clear coat. Also surprising with all of the concrete grinding no dust anywhere which was pleasing as most everything is finished.

#306 4 years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of the floor.
    It's like waiting for a NIB opening

#307 4 years ago
    Quoted from Toads:

I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of the floor.
    It's like waiting for a NIB opening

Me also! Clear coat goes on this morning and if all goes well I should be able to walk on it tomorrow carefully. I’ve only been able to look from a distance but what I see is glass perfection. So close now.

#308 4 years ago

Hmm...."glass perfection"? Has he ever done a playfield? Just sayin'......

#309 4 years ago

Ok minor pause. They arrived and unfortunately the based is just slightly not cured enough to apply the cure. Coming back tomorrow morning. Sad

#310 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok minor pause. They arrived and unfortunately the based is just slightly not cured enough to apply the cure. Coming back tomorrow morning. Sad

Ugh, that stinks, but you want it to be done right. It will be worth the wait.

Chris

#311 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Ugh, that stinks

No... He said there was no stink with this stuff... LoL

#312 4 years ago

great project!! thanks for all the pics. can't wait to see the floor and the machines in place ! impressed at how quickly mr yelobird has been able to do the noncontracted work!

#313 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

A snug fit but I managed to get the floor in and install the dry sauna. Still need to trim it out but it came out as expected.

is that sauna just for a single person or can you fit another in comfortably?

#314 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

1 Person, 1 Pin!

#315 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Its an Easy 2 person depending on what you want to do in there.... We have had it upstairs for awhile but it seemed appropriate to give it its own room now and build it into the wall. Really works great and if you have any pain at all its gone in one cook session.

#316 4 years ago

While the touch up sanding and industrial clearcoat are not done yet I am able to at least walk on it and take a few pics. Hard to get a good picture as its a bit like glass. The clear will finish level and give a uniform shine. I shot for a bit lighter (dolphin color) to make it less of a cave and add a bit more character. With the future dark lighting and neon I think it will flow nicely with the theme.

IMG_3665 (resized).jpegIMG_3665 (resized).jpegIMG_3668 (resized).jpegIMG_3668 (resized).jpegIMG_3669 (resized).jpegIMG_3669 (resized).jpeg
    #319 4 years ago

This really does look incredible!

#320 4 years ago

The floor is outstanding!

#321 4 years ago

That floor is awesome.

#322 4 years ago

Standing by for load in pics that’s going to be one killer space for you and your family to enjoy.

#323 4 years ago

Looks amazing!

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Standing by for load in pics that’s going to be one killer space for you and your family to enjoy.

Excited myself but had some fears with some of the older Large coin op stuff getting it down there. In CAD it fits down the stairs but things are different with a 400lb box in your hands. lol Have the last wall to go up Saturday for the Mod Couple shipping area then move in and fun final details start to go into place. Just have sweaty flashbacks of dropping a restored game after all this work.

#325 4 years ago

*drool* amazing! Great work, great space and might kick my rear end in gear to get working on mine!

#326 4 years ago

Floor looks great!

#327 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

In CAD it fits down the stairs but things are different with a 400lb box in your hands.

Straight shot down or do you have a bend? I wish I had a straight shot down but beggars can’t be choosers here where basements don’t really even exist.

#328 4 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Straight shot down or do you have a bend? I wish I had a straight shot down but beggars can’t be choosers here where basements don’t really even exist.

Straight shot but at the end landing its a tough left turn. I build and installed a 3500lb winch today that I will do a write up on shortly. Makes bringing up and down games a simple button push. Mama loves it and in total only cost me about $150. Takes me about 5 minutes to setup but Way worth it and simple. Only wish I did it 100 games ago but we were a bit younger then....lol

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Straight shot but at the end landing its a tough left turn. I build and installed a 3500lb winch today that I will do a write up on shortly. Makes bringing up and down games a simple button push. Mama loves it and in total only cost me about $150. Takes me about 5 minutes to setup but Way worth it and simple. Only wish I did it 100 games ago but we were a bit younger then....lol

Awesome! Looking forward to reading about that setup.

#330 4 years ago

This just looks so nice.

#331 4 years ago

This has turned out great! Congrats on your new space.

#332 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I am also interested in this setup. I have a steep 11 steps from my basement and am trying ro think up a way to be able to move games in and out solo.

Chris

#333 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Also interested in seeing this. The 12 stairs I have are a pain for moving games.

#334 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

For those interested the 1300 square feet I had them do in a Custom 2 tone marble finish was 2300 cash price.

Wow! $1.76 per square foot is a great price!

#335 4 years ago

Yelobird Does the floor system have a brand/commercial name?

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from CanadianPinball:

yelobird Does the floor system have a brand/commercial name?

Very sorry I didn't see the names on the 5 gallon buckets but he primarily does industrial work so this is not some Home Depot brew. For fun I tried to scrape a little spot in a closet to see how hard it was and no luck tough as nails. So happy clear coat when down this morning and I should be framing the Mod Couple shipping room hopefully Friday night. Install misc fixtures, neon, etc then games start rolling in Carefully Sunday. Spent the whole morning breaking a dozen down along with the Midget Bowler and a few older games. All in que in the dining room awaiting the winch ride to there new home. As I am watching paint dry tonight I will try to get the write up on the winch. Again for managed expectations this is a Simple solution that works for me. Some may change things just didn't want to create a long term solution to minimize the danger to spouse and game as these games are Not getting lighter! Especially the 3 JJP titles and a HEP TZ I have to carefully bring down. Stay tuned.

#337 4 years ago

The space is looking amazing!! Love the floor! It looks like smoke.

#338 4 years ago

Cant wait to see how it looks with the clear coat!

#339 4 years ago

Ok impatient Is my middle name. He finished the clear coat and it looks Amazing!!! Then he said you should probably wait 2-3 days to move around on it. WHAT?? lol Well I convinced my wife even though its 85 in Chicago that we need to test that new furnace and heat up that room for the night! Bam completely set like a rock. Started framing the Mod Couple shipping dept and proceeded to Drywall and mud same night. Not a scratch on the floor! Also took the delay and made a nice ramp as we have some disabled friends and it also helps with the robot vacuum (Loope) so she can clean the entire basement every night. Also installed Sonos speakers around the entire room for a full on sound system absolutely awesome. Sand and paint tomorrow and we Will be bringing games in come Sunday! Have a bruit of a cousin coming over to help as this is going to be a challenge. Exciting but not fun.

Almost forgot. Mama was bothered by the duct look so I added a real nice collectables shelf along the entire length about 5.5" wide. Turned out great and now we can show off the many pin type collectables we have acquired over the years especially our #LTG autographed Awesome mug collection!

IMG_3679 (resized).jpegIMG_3679 (resized).jpegIMG_3682 (resized).jpegIMG_3682 (resized).jpegIMG_3683 (resized).jpegIMG_3683 (resized).jpegIMG_3685 (resized).jpegIMG_3685 (resized).jpeg
    #340 4 years ago

Just awesome!

#341 4 years ago

Wow you work like like 3 men! You get stuff done!! Well done, looks great!

#342 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I know A LOT of time went into planning, but I concur, you have worked very diligently and expediently on this project once the dirt started flying. It looks awesome!

#343 4 years ago

I am so impressed!!!

#344 4 years ago

There's a SCUBA store North of Rockford with an Aqua finish similar to yours. Feels like your walking on water. It's sooo alluring the customers take photos and the kids flop down and swim.

It's great to see this come together so quickly. Inspiring.

#345 4 years ago

Thanks so much for the kind words. I’m definitely a man on a mission at this point. Guess I’m tired of seeing my games folded up with more in route we can’t play lol. I set a goal for myself to have this done come July 4th and hate to miss deadlines. Will note at this point I haven’t cut any corners. The only thing that sets me back are the emergency runs to Home Depot for misc forgotten screws etc. should be a busy weekend though.

#346 4 years ago

Just found thread and enjoyed catching up on the past 42 days in one hour. Wow this project is taking forever Hoping to see completion pics by July 4th - games in place and the entire Yelobird clan smiling.

#347 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Funny, I work lile 1/3rd of a man. i guess things even out.

Place is looling great!

#348 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

After installing Many Watchdog systems for others over the years I found them less then reliable and not designed for long term use. They were popular years ago just not built well. I opted for the dual Zoeller 508 system which is a workhorse and rather industrial. A bit more expensive but not by much. Watchdog got popular because they hit the big box stores and became a trend. Hope the research pays off but I feel comfortable with Zoeller as the leader in this pump tech. Plus the monitoring system is extremely well done. I'll provide a link if you're interested.
    amazon.com link »

Two Zoeller's on two different lines (on opposite 120 vac mains) one raised 2" from the other plus a a battery backed up Simer is my way to be sure of a dry basement. Had a single Zoeller fail once when a relatives house was empty for awhile. Battery, while in good shape discharged after storms and could not keep up.
    No WiFi or any alert system other than a beeper that greeted me when I opened the door.

#349 4 years ago

Mid Saturday break but many goals met. Walls primed and painted, Electrical and lighting in Mod Couple area, base mold going down tonight along with perimeter Neon. Buttoned up the final circuits in the electrical panel and we voted Dr Who should be the First game down the runway as it was our first DMD pin (second to an Alien Poker which I still have). If I get all my misc chores done tonight the games start to roll in. Have 2 more games arriving Monday, (Deadpool LE, and #001 Cosmic Carnaval!) This will happen SO very close. Going to give that winch a full on test tomorrow and for sure I will take pics.

IMG_3687 (resized).jpegIMG_3687 (resized).jpeg
    #350 4 years ago

Misc pics from that story....lol

IMG_3688 (resized).jpegIMG_3688 (resized).jpegIMG_3690 (resized).jpegIMG_3690 (resized).jpegIMG_3692 (resized).jpegIMG_3692 (resized).jpeg
    There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-room-underground-excavation-and-expansion-for-themodcouple/page/7?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.