Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 474 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PAPPYBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

85c74600a1925c9acefd7596a7ea5156b6bad245.gif.gif
    IMG_3803 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3802 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3795 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3794 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3793 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3792 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3791 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3790 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3789 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3788 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3787 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3785 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3783 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3782 (resized).jpeg
    There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
    #251 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Wait till you see the New LTG Willy Wonka leg levelers!

Oh yeah ? Wait until I tell Gyrszz you touched his daughter.

LTG : )

#252 4 years ago

Not a major photo type day basically adding further insurance to a long term investment. Pre-basement excavation I had 2 small foundation cracks at the support beam which is fairly common in this location. While I have never seen water in these spots I thought it would be a good safety to mend them pre wall covering just in case. Did it correctly which took some time but the result will outlive me which is what I was after. Used an Applied Technologies injection kit top to bottom until I seen the resin start seeping to the outside which ensures the entire void is bonded. Doesn't look pretty but it also doesn't need to! Nozzles on 6" centers and full seal top to bottom. After the wall panels are up I can rest assured these will Never be an issue. Did some more trim work but primarily added the crack insurance plan! lol Fun stuff.

IMG_3559 (resized).jpegIMG_3559 (resized).jpegIMG_3561 (resized).jpegIMG_3561 (resized).jpeg
    #253 4 years ago

I was worried about foundation cracks when purchasing. Had a guy look; He noted the cracks were not big enough yet, but around 1/4" the repair was injected resin. That was 9 years ago. I may fill them anyway when I start the remodel. It's interesting to see the look of the repair. Can't you flush-cut the nozzle ends?

#254 4 years ago

I have used that same product and it works GREAT!

Yes, you can flush cut and grind the outside epoxy once everything is set. You can also paint it and it will practically disappear.

Stronger than the foundation it repairs once done

#255 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Used an Applied Technologies injection kit top to bottom until I seen the resin start seeping to the outside which ensures the entire void is bonded. Doesn't look pretty but it also doesn't need to! Nozzles on 6" centers and full seal top to bottom. [quoted image][quoted image]

I used the same system and it worked great. You might want to check the other side of the wall for proper grade away from the house. That was a big thing I concentrated on when I started finishing things after finding out that there was a pond against the house right at the crack.

Crack_Repair_2_(resized).jpgCrack_Repair_2_(resized).jpg

#256 4 years ago

I’m not sure if Wheaton does their own plumbing inspections or use TPI but I see a couple of issues you might want to double check before the inspects. TPI is brutal and will bust your balls any way they can. Either way I’m fairly certain that the hub couplings should be banded and also have glued no hub adaptors on the PVC. Also the wye in the green circle they might want turned up and not flat. I hope you’re ok but just trying to save you a headache later.
    18A42EF7-FD95-4916-9A53-C23D451DC445 (resized).jpeg18A42EF7-FD95-4916-9A53-C23D451DC445 (resized).jpeg

#257 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I’m not sure if Wheaton does their own plumbing inspections or use TPI but I see a couple of issues you might want to double check before the inspects. TPI is brutal and will bust your balls any way they can. Either way I’m fairly certain that the hub couplings should be banded and also have glued no hub adaptors on the PVC. Also the wye in the green circle they might want turned up and not flat. I hope you’re ok but just trying to save you a headache later.
    [quoted image]

You could be right but the inspector said it was perfect and signed off. Plus it works perfectly so I am content with the end result. And while not a great photo those Are banded no Fernco crap here. I do appreciate the feedback.

#258 4 years ago

Amazing thread! Just read the whole thing! All being completed in light speed. Great work Yelobird.
    I can certainly vouch for Yelobird's attention to detail. OCD is a good thing! Can't wait to see the final product.
    I say you paint the walls and floors black too and call it The Bat Cave! Anybody invited is required to play in a super hero outfit!

#259 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing, this is an amazing project. What will your floor to ceiling height be after this? did you consider digging deeper in the new area than the old to get more headroom?

#260 4 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Thanks for sharing, this is an amazing project. What will your floor to ceiling height be after this? did you consider digging deeper in the new area than the old to get more headroom?

End ceiling height is just over 8' which should be more than fine for the theme effect and industrial look. Even at the lowest duct height we are still over 7' clearance so unless I have so Chicago Bulls over I think I will be clear. Big day today need to upload pics tomorrow. HVAC minor details completed, All inspections done and passed, wall furring strips applied, barn wood paneling going up, and I started trimming out the windows. Also, trimmed the base waffle perimeter drain tile and did some additional touch up. So much to go but with each day it is starting to take shape. One more week till the floor is set enough to grind and get the custom black epoxy floor applied. That will be the ultimate turning point when I need to kick in the after burners and its Go Time!

#261 4 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Amazing thread! Just read the whole thing! All being completed in light speed. Great work Yelobird.
    I can certainly vouch for Yelobird's attention to detail. OCD is a good thing! Can't wait to see the final product.
    I say you paint the walls and floors black too and call it The Bat Cave! Anybody invited is required to play in a super hero outfit!

KK its like your reading my mind.... lol Granted I am Not envisioning a bunch of drunk dudes in spandex underoos hanging around the game room!! I am however adding some Bat-Cave theme elements to implement some of the smart technology. As the entry command center I picked up this Batman Shakespeare statue to modify and integrate an Alexa Echo into. Flip his head back and control all lighting, game powered outlets, dimming, music, etc. Even picked up a matching red Batphone to complete the look. My wife thought this step was a bit to far but Hey, I dug a cave may as well go with it!! My target date which I feel confident to achieve is July 4. Here's hoping!!

IMG_3582 (resized).jpgIMG_3582 (resized).jpg
    #262 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

KK its like your reading my mind.... lol Granted I am Not envisioning a bunch of drunk dudes in spandex underoos hanging around the game room!! I am however adding some Bat-Cave theme elements to implement some of the smart technology. As the entry command center I picked up this Batman Shakespeare statue to modify and integrate an Alexa Echo into. Flip his head back and control all lighting, game powered outlets, dimming, music, etc. Even picked up a matching red Batphone to complete the look. My wife thought this step was a bit to far but Hey, I dug a cave may as well go with it!! My target date which I feel confident to achieve is July 4. Here's hoping!![quoted image]

Dagnabbit David.....bad enough you sell a bunch of must have accessories for inside my pin and empty my PayPal account that way, now you got me buying accessories that will sit NEXT to my pin......aaarrrggghhhh!!!

#263 4 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Dagnabbit David.....bad enough you sell a bunch of must have accessories for inside my pin and empty my PayPal account that way, now you got me buying accessories that will sit NEXT to my pin......aaarrrggghhhh!!!

Thanks so much for the kind words. Just love toys and mix in technology and I become a bad influence to myself. Lol. At least my wife is still onboard even if I’m overboard.

#264 4 years ago

Careful with all that black. Dust and spider webs gonna drive you nuts, because they are going to show up big time.

#265 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Careful with all that black. Dust and spider webs gonna drive you nuts, because they are going to show up big time.

That will complete the Batcave look! If only I could attract some bats! lol Painting pipe today so fun...not!

1 week later
    #266 4 years ago

Sorry for the lack of input just been on a tear since the walls were sealed up. No major surprises just Many late nights getting everything set for the epoxy floor on Monday. Yet another last minute decision was to finish the transition room to the basement which has only been storage to this point. Opted to add a new bathroom, dry sauna, and as luck would have it 5 more games will now fit!! lol

IMG_3583 (resized).jpegIMG_3583 (resized).jpegIMG_3585 (resized).jpegIMG_3585 (resized).jpegIMG_3592 (resized).jpegIMG_3592 (resized).jpegIMG_3595 (resized).jpegIMG_3595 (resized).jpeg
    #267 4 years ago

With our large new windows we yet again added another non list item and decided to have a LARGE tree cut down which was to close to the house, blocked all the light, and dropped tons of those prickly acorns everywhere. My guess is it was around 75' tall but with one phone call they were scaling the tree and tree and stump were gone in just hours. Crazy watching them pull this off but glad we did it as the tree was half dead and doing more damage to the house then good.

IMG_3603 (resized).jpegIMG_3603 (resized).jpegIMG_3605 (resized).jpegIMG_3605 (resized).jpegIMG_3607 (resized).jpegIMG_3607 (resized).jpeg
    #268 4 years ago

With all the new build additions to the list it was time to go industrial and rent a dumpster. Fun stuff but we were able to fill it in just 2 days. Amazing how fast construction debris piles up!

IMG_3610 (resized).jpegIMG_3610 (resized).jpeg
    #269 4 years ago

Walls shimmed and insulated and the new wood panels are going up. Note the room has temp bulbs the final room theme will be edison type industrial lighting for a darker game room look. Trim and perimeter shelf next along with perimeter neon lighting.

IMG_3571 (resized).jpegIMG_3571 (resized).jpegIMG_3573 (resized).jpegIMG_3573 (resized).jpegIMG_3576 (resized).jpegIMG_3576 (resized).jpeg
    #270 4 years ago

All PVC waste line painted black and now disappear for the most part. Really happy with the way they came out. Simple but looks much better. Also installed perimeter shelf and trim along with window brick mold trim.

IMG_3622 (resized).jpegIMG_3622 (resized).jpegIMG_3623 (resized).jpegIMG_3623 (resized).jpeg
    #271 4 years ago

Framing up, new bathroom plumbed, and drywall complete including ceilings. Put the rough coats of plaster on everything should be ready for paint Soon which is the turning point in most projects. Provided we don't Add anything else!!! lol

IMG_3614 (resized).jpegIMG_3614 (resized).jpegIMG_3620 (resized).jpegIMG_3620 (resized).jpegIMG_3626 (resized).jpegIMG_3626 (resized).jpeg
    #272 4 years ago

Really fun seing the basement getting better and better. Cant want for the pics when finished

#273 4 years ago

Looks great, moving along FAST!

#274 4 years ago

Looks fantastic...... This might be a crazy question but with the coin your dropping doing this massive construction project would it not have been more cost effective to sell your home and have one built to your likings.

I have remodeled every room in my home, even doing my kitchen was no where even close to the cost of a project of this magnitude. I did all the work myself and still cost me almost 30k.

#275 4 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Looks fantastic...... This might be a crazy question but with the coin your dropping doing this massive construction project would it not have been more cost effective to sell your home and have one built to your likings.
    I have remodeled every room in my home, even doing my kitchen was no where even close to the cost of a project of this magnitude. I did all the work myself and still cost me almost 30k.

As I have noted the total cost for construction was near 60k. Unlike kitchen cabinets this investment added close to 1100 sq feet of residence which in this area is an Easy justification. Yes I did most of the work myself other then the dig but it was an investment of time I see worth it. A pool, kitchen etc or most improvements if you recover 40% your lucky as they are a personal interest. Adding square footage on the other hand is an easy write off now and later.

#276 4 years ago

While not a Huge construction undertaking we wanted to replace the tree we had cut down with a forest! Plus the white bunker look just didn't fit the theme for us. Cleaned and installed the window art think it turned out rather nice myself. Its an overcast day today so the light in the well is minimal but I think you get the idea. We will be adding more artsy plastic plants and rocks to the base to complete the 3D effect. On to painting today and possibly laying the bathroom floor if I feel up to some crawling pleasure.

IMG_3627 (resized).jpegIMG_3627 (resized).jpegIMG_3633 (resized).jpegIMG_3633 (resized).jpeg
    #277 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

As I have noted the total cost for construction was near 60k. Unlike kitchen cabinets this investment added close to 1100 sq feet of residence which in this area is an Easy justification. Yes I did most of the work myself other then the dig but it was an investment of time I see worth it. A pool, kitchen etc or most improvements if you recover 40% your lucky as they are a personal interest. Adding square footage on the other hand is an easy write off now and later.

First of all, 60k looks like a steal for the amount of materials and labor this must have taken. You rent heavy equipment and operators like that and shit cost adds up quick. Nice work managing the budget!

Second, yeah I think knowing it’s “only” 60k means if you’re in the neighborhood for the rest of your life then not moving and just adding on makes sense. And unlike a pool, a finished basement actually adds value. Garages and finished basements are often high on buyers lists. Pools are a giant headache and probably don’t add any real value IMHO. I just use the indoor, year round, heated pool at the JCC in my neighborhood.

I noticed you did a lot of the plumbing yourself. What would you say the split is between your work and contracted work?

#278 4 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

First of all, 60k looks like a steal for the amount of materials and labor this must have taken. You rent heavy equipment and operators like that and shit cost adds up quick. Nice work managing the budget!
    Second, yeah I think knowing it’s “only” 60k means if you’re in the neighborhood for the rest of your life then not moving and just adding on makes sense. And unlike a pool, a finished basement actually adds value. Garages and finished basements are often high on buyers lists. Pools are a giant headache and probably don’t add any real value IMHO. I just use the indoor, year round, heated pool at the JCC in my neighborhood.
    I noticed you did a lot of the plumbing yourself. What would you say the split is between your work and contracted work?

Simple split. If it was dirt or concrete they did it. Everything else I did myself. Not fun but I have a certain way I like things done and since I know how to do it I also save a lot on the work. Plumbing and electrical are rather low cost if your not paying someone and you can do it correctly. Do note 60k Is a Lot of money and we saved for a long time to make that investment. Didn’t want to seem like a small deal. With the house paid for we are certain we invested wisely and also get to Fully enjoy our efforts with family, friends and especially the grandchildren. Priceless to us.

Edit. I am also not doing the epoxy flooring. Don't have access to the concrete sanders etc to do it right and as with most contractors a Cash transaction greatly reduces the price. lol

#279 4 years ago

Busy day today in a rush to prep before the epoxy floor team arrive tomorrow which will make construction less forgiving with new debris etc. Bathroom/sauna area complete and all trim up. Finished all the painting and vacuumed the entire room for tomorrow. So many last minute details but I think we pulled it off. Come this week this will Finally transform from worksite to game room!! So looking forward to the move in and having guests again soon. Pulling 19 hour days has grown tiresome also not going to lie. Not old at this point but having done jobs in the past with a Hundred sheets of drywall its just not as fun as it used to be. Next pics should be a bit more game centered. Be glad to get my house back and be Done with dust for awhile.

IMG_3639 (resized).jpegIMG_3639 (resized).jpegIMG_3640 (resized).jpegIMG_3640 (resized).jpegIMG_3642 (resized).jpegIMG_3642 (resized).jpegIMG_3643 (resized).jpegIMG_3643 (resized).jpegIMG_3644 (resized).jpegIMG_3644 (resized).jpeg
    #280 4 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Been following for awhile.....impressive project!!! No way I could pull that off anywhere close to $60k up here. Suspect your ROI is a given, knowing your family will enjoy it, and a bump in value of property.

Only thing that has had me confused...why only duplex outlets in the 4x4 boxes, given you'll be plugging a gazillion pins into them (maybe I'm not seeing the pics correctly)? Any pics of the "Mod Couple Laboratory?" That would be interesting. Given the amount of product that rolls through there, guessing you have a pretty nice setup. Separate facility?

#281 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Been following for awhile.....impressive project!!! No way I could pull that off anywhere close to $60k up here. Suspect your ROI is a given, knowing your family will enjoy it, and a bump in value of property.
    Only thing that has had me confused...why only duplex outlets in the 4x4 boxes, given you'll be plugging a gazillion pins into them (maybe I'm not seeing the pics correctly)? Any pics of the "Mod Couple Laboratory?" That would be interesting. Given the amount of product that rolls through there, guessing you have a pretty nice setup. Separate facility?

Great questions! Believe it or not even with a project like this I am also a cheap bastard! lol I dedicated (6) 20amp circuits to the game room area. In doing so I am using the GE smart outlets to have a fully automated system via Alexa. All lights, games, music, score boards, etc all controlled via smart control. Hate hundreds of switches everywhere. With that said tying 3 games to each smart outlet (60$ each) seemed more then acceptable. As I used an open box layout and yes a 4" spare I can always add to that granted I will be out of space long before that happens. We still have to build the a few walls for the Mod Couple expansion room but decided to wait till the entire floor was done to keep things symmetrical.

#282 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Great questions! Believe it or not even with a project like this I am also a cheap bastard! lol I dedicated (6) 20amp circuits to the game room area. In doing so I am using the GE smart outlets to have a fully automated system via Alexa. All lights, games, music, score boards, etc all controlled via smart control. Hate hundreds of switches everywhere. With that said tying 3 games to each smart outlet (60$ each) seemed more then acceptable. As I used an open box layout and yes a 4" spare I can always add to that granted I will be out of space long before that happens. We still have to build the a few walls for the Mod Couple expansion room but decided to wait till the entire floor was done to keep things symmetrical.

Ahh...missed the smart outlet approach. Thought you might have been using a sub panel control box for the logic..less real estate, but more costly than your approach. Regardless...basements beat pools everytime for fun and value....I hate pools (maintenance and liability are ridiculous).....

#283 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ahh...missed the smart outlet approach. Thought you might have been using a sub panel control box for the logic..less real estate, but more costly than your approach. Regardless...basements beat pools everytime for fun and value....I hate pools (maintenance and liability are ridiculous).....

Yeah I learned long ago pools, pool tables, ping pong tables, and Any fitness equipment prove to be a lost investment personally. Can’t go wrong with a game room! Lol

#284 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

60k is a fantastic deal!! Man I was thinking more like 125k plus for that kind of undertaking.

You just added 100k plus in value to your home. GREAT JOB brother .

#285 4 years ago

This is GREAT! Do you mean to tell us you got this far in 36 days?

#286 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

This is GREAT! Do you mean to tell us you got this far in 36 days?

No joke would have been done 10 days sooner if we didn’t get record rainfall which stalled everything. Do add while not a sane direction I have also been working on this every evening till at least midnight. Plus a lot of planning went into most of the details before pulling the trigger down to the simplest outlet. Soon I hope this will be done.

#287 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

In doing so I am using the GE smart outlets to have a fully automated system via Alexa. All lights, games, music, score boards, etc all controlled via smart control. Hate hundreds of switches everywhere. With that said tying 3 games to each smart outlet (60$ each) seemed more then acceptable.

Would you mind sharing which GE smart outlet model you are using? The ones I am familiar with have one outlet under 'smart' control and the other not. So you are connecting 3 games to each 'smart' controlled outlet?

Really enjoy your updates. Fantastic work!

#288 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah I learned long ago pools, pool tables, ping pong tables, and Any fitness equipment prove to be a lost investment personally. Can’t go wrong with a game room! Lol

Pool : check
    Pool table : check
    Fitness equipment: check
    You're saying I won't get my money back on these things?? Wait what? Lol!!

#289 4 years ago
    Quoted from EarlGrey:

Would you mind sharing which GE smart outlet model you are using? The ones I am familiar with have one outlet under 'smart' control and the other not. So you are connecting 3 games to each 'smart' controlled outlet?
    Really enjoy your updates. Fantastic work!

Below are the GE outlets I have used throughout the house. Yes one side is WiFi powered which is all I need as I use short gang extensions for my games for additional surge protection. At one time I have 9 games hooked to one with no issue though that was pushing it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07361JZ2H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#290 4 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Pool : check
    Pool table : check
    Fitness equipment: check
    You're saying I won't get my money back on these things?? Wait what? Lol!!

What I meant is those items will mature in time like a fine wine! (stored in an oven!) lol. As long as you enjoy them you are already rewarded with value. After buying my wife 3 900# Must Have tread mills our fitness buying ended!

#291 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Hopefully nobody is buying fitness equipment with the expectation of making their money back lol. My treadmill paid for itself with the thousands of miles I've been able to run on it during bad weather.

Anyways this is crazy impressive and the $60k number is far lower than I was expecting. Can't wait to see pictures of it filled with games.

#292 4 years ago

Very important turning point day today has come. A team of floor grinders arrived to grind and epoxy the entire floor. Going with what I Hope is a good look with a 2 part black marble industrial type color to complete the look. They are blending and grinding any seams to ensure a lever and uniform finish throughout. SOooo would not like to be the grinder guy today umphhhhh. Should be ground and sealed today. First base color goes down tomorrow and then the finish blend color on Wednesday. If all goes as planned we should be able to start the final wall construction in that room by Friday and start moving in some games. Not going to miss having 20 games in every room of my living area.....

#293 4 years ago

I am so impressed with the scale and speed of this project!

#294 4 years ago
    Quoted from atrainn:

Hopefully nobody is buying fitness equipment with the expectation of making their money back lol.

I quickly make all my money back with my fitness equipment....

ax (resized).jpegax (resized).jpeg
    #295 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Below are the GE outlets I have used throughout the house. Yes one side is WiFi powered which is all I need as I use short gang extensions for my games for additional surge protection. At one time I have 9 games hooked to one with no issue though that was pushing it.
    amazon.com link »

My only annoyance with Z-wave controlled outlets is that only one side of the outlet is controllable, so you have to add a surge protector to it if you want more than one controllable device. Either that, or purchase a Z-wave smart switch for the always on side.

#296 4 years ago

Very Impressive, been watching this since day one. $60K for all this?? Wow.....

Did you ever calculate/estimate how much this would have cost if you hadn't of done the majority of the non-concrete work yourself, i.e. a hands-off turnkey upgrade where David got 8 hours of sleep a night option, sipping coffee in the morning watching others do work?? Betcha it would have been closer to $100K...

#297 4 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Very Impressive, been watching this since day one. $60K for all this?? Wow.....
    Did you ever calculate/estimate how much this would have cost if you hadn't of done the majority of the non-concrete work yourself, i.e. a hands-off turnkey upgrade where David got 8 hours of sleep a night option, sipping coffee in the morning watching others do work?? Betcha it would have been closer to $100K...

Lol I do suspect you are correct. Do note as several have latched on to that estimate. I am Not selling this project I simply noted what it cost me to get the Major components done to put a perspective on the project for those feeling a move would have been a better option and its fair to note. Yes, if I had not owned a remodeling company for a dozen years and knew how to do all this work the cost would have most Certainly been Much higher. Also every area has much different rates of service no doubt. I would Guess a project like this paying out to have someone do a turn key would be close to 100k but luckily that was not the case for me and I knew my ROI way before starting this big dig. Based on the expanded square footage and an early property assessment we are More then in the green for this investment. I can't wait to sit back with a cup of coffee (or whisky) and watch my family and friends enjoy our work.

Side note: Also keep in mind some of the decisions I made (planned for) such as new wiring for the entire house, new plumbing for the entire house, etc were a long term improvement for the Entire house and it's value plus makes for Many years of trouble free living.

#298 4 years ago

Floor ground today, any minor cracks filled, and the base black color went down. SOOO nice so far but the epoxy color glaze goes on tomorrow followed by a clear coat so not much to do other then watch the paint dry.... So, to burn time I opted to start working on the command center that I plan to use for all lighting, music, game power up, etc full smart room. With a project of this scale I figured the command center had to be special in some way also so I opted to go the Batman 66 route with a scale Shakespeare bust. (We call him Hedley Lemarr though!!) I started with an off the shelf bust from Amazon ($80), disassembled and needed to integrate a full Amazon Echo (Alexa) unit in stealthy like. Most of the parts just popped out no issues. Needed however to cut a very precise diameter hole to flush mount the Echo. As luck would have it I have an OMAX Waterjet so holding .001" is no issue. Cut hole and mounted with a few dabs of epoxy from the back. Ran USB out the back and the end result should prove fitting of a man cave fitting for fun. Project took maybe 20 minutes to complete but I think worth it.

IMG_3582 (resized).jpegIMG_3582 (resized).jpegIMG_3645 (resized).jpegIMG_3645 (resized).jpegIMG_3646 (resized).jpegIMG_3646 (resized).jpegIMG_3650 (resized).jpegIMG_3650 (resized).jpegIMG_3654 (resized).jpegIMG_3654 (resized).jpegIMG_3655 (resized).jpegIMG_3655 (resized).jpegIMG_3656 (resized).jpegIMG_3656 (resized).jpeg
    #299 4 years ago

Sadly not much to see on the floor as I can't walk back there unless I have golf spikes. Did pull one picture after grinding and seam seal as they started laying the black base coat. Looking mighty stealthy looking forward to seeing the marbling going in tomorrow followed by clear. Fingers crossed I shall be walking on this black cloud by Friday!

IMG_3647 (resized).jpegIMG_3647 (resized).jpeg
    #300 4 years ago

Holly WOW is all I can say. The grey metallic blend went down today and it looks Incredible!!! Again can't get in there to take pics but I am sure the end result will show and beautiful and will share soon. Industrial clear coat goes on tomorrow then we watch paint dry.... The epoxy color I went with is called Dolphin metallic in case anyone is interested. Wanted a dark look but not full on black for a bit more reflection. So exciting to see the finish line!!!!

There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-room-underground-excavation-and-expansion-for-themodcouple/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.