Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 474 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PAPPYBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

85c74600a1925c9acefd7596a7ea5156b6bad245.gif.gif
    IMG_3803 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3802 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3795 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3794 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3793 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3792 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3791 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3790 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3789 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3788 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3787 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3785 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3783 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3782 (resized).jpeg
    There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
    #451 4 years ago

Congrats and well done. Looks amazing.

#452 4 years ago

Absolutely amazing - congratulations - and I mean that in the most sincere way possible. This thread has been so much fun - from beginning to current. It's definitely an inspired build!

#453 4 years ago

Congrats. I envy both your game room and the feeling of accomplishment you must have right now. I wish I had your skills!

#454 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

That would be a Chicago Coin Basketball Pro 1961. Really a fun game and to my amazement the one old game my wife always goes down to play. This game was meticulously restored to like new and we are proud to display it in our collection. Believe it or not really not a difficult game to move as the legs come off as does the top segment and glass with only a few screws. We love it.

Well, that game is super cool, love it! Not liking my odds of ever finding one to work on, but I'll add it to the list of cool EM games I'd like to own one day.

#455 4 years ago

Stunning work! Just beautiful ... now go enjoy it!

#456 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I want all of this!!! I still see some slots for a couple machines we can fill for ya haha
    Amazing work as always Dave and Darcy

And you know I have you on speed dial to do just that! Flipnoutpinball is my go to always! I estimate (who am I kidding I layed it out to the inch) I have room for 6 more games and there is still one more room down there as a backup.... lol

#457 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I want all of this!!! I still see some slots for a couple machines we can fill for ya haha
    Amazing work as always Dave and Darcy

And you know I have you on speed dial to do just that! Flipnoutpinball is my go to always! I estimate (who am I kidding I layed it out to the inch) I have room for 6 more games and there is still one more room down there as a backup.... lol

Quoted from LTG:

You have one of the Genco driving games. Too cool !
    LTG : )

Thanks #LTG We always value your opinion! Yeah maybe not for everyone but I really wanted to show the grandkids and our kids a sort of evolution of coin op. The Motorama is no doubt unique and fully restored so we are proud to showcase it. Funny that we put it near the bar area. Kind of a see if you can drive Before you go drive home! lol

#458 4 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

Well, that game is super cool, love it! Not liking my odds of ever finding one to work on, but I'll add it to the list of cool EM games I'd like to own one day.

You almost had your chance. Hellcat in NY was selling a Genco 2 player in amazing condition though it looks like it may now be sold. Definitely don't come up often especially in new condition. Lot of fun though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/81396

#459 4 years ago

My first not so enjoyable learning event with the new space. As it turns out it cost more then the price of the bar to Stock it! Umphhhh! Lol. Guess I haven’t bought much alcohol in awhile so that caught me off guard. Check out lady at Binny’s (liquor place) even commented “stocking a new bar I see” lol. I need to stay away from the pinball and bourbon thread as that could prove dangerous!

#460 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

My first not so enjoyable learning event with the new space. As it turns out it cost more then the price of the bar to Stock it! Umphhhh! Lol. Guess I haven’t bought much alcohol in awhile so that caught me off guard. Check out lady at Binny’s (liquor place) even commented “stocking a new bar I see” lol. I need to stay away from the pinball and bourbon thread as that could prove dangerous!

Whenever I attend a friends new home bar I always bring a couple bottles of my favorite spirits and make sure to leave them. I feel that it's a great way to help your friend stock up and chances are next time I visit there will be something I enjoy there to drink.

#461 4 years ago
    Quoted from jsf24:

Whenever I attend a friends new home bar I always bring a couple bottles of my favorite spirits and make sure to leave them. I feel that it's a great way to help your friend stock up and chances are next time I visit there will be something I enjoy there to drink.

I like the way you think! What time are you coming over! lol I am Hoping your favorite go to drink is Pappy Van Winkle!!!!

#462 4 years ago

Just ordered your Hell House mod for my DP pin, so that should at least get you a (6) pack of imported beer.

#463 4 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

Just ordered your Hell House mod for my DP pin, so that should at least get you a (6) pack of imported beer.

Very much appreciated we love everyone’s support and interest. With this expansion we have Many new ideas in the works to contribute to the hobby we love.

#464 4 years ago

Just amazing... Can't wait for my Wonka CE (need unit number for the CE insert) to ship so I can help you pay for all of that work... LOL

Jeff

#465 4 years ago

Much appreciated Jeff! We love and appreciate your support. To break the game room in (figuratively) we are hosting the Chicago pinball league Wednesday. Hoping the games don’t go on strike but hey, it’s pinball they love to break at the oddest times. Just glad to share our games as so many have generously opened there’s to me. Good times.

3 weeks later
    #466 4 years ago

Wow what an amazing result! I really enjoyed reading through all of this. I hope it is everything you hoped it would be.

#467 4 years ago
    Quoted from Drac:

Wow what an amazing result! I really enjoyed reading through all of this. I hope it is everything you hoped it would be.

Absolutely. Games are continuing to roll in and a few out. We have also had several group visits and it was great to have this space to share with others.

6 months later
    #468 4 years ago

Annnnnnd you have absolutely one of the most amazing basement arcade game rooms ever!

#469 4 years ago
    Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

Annnnnnd you have absolutely one of the most amazing basement arcade game rooms ever!

So kind thank you! Actually been meaning to update this thread with many recent additions since completion. Honestly at capacity now which is scary. On the plus side......I convinced my wife in order to push this thread and continue forward it was time to fully repurpose the 3 car garage with the same treatment the basement received (minus excavation of coarse) to expand from 45 games to 70. New garage expansion coming to a thread soon as weather breaks lol.

#470 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

New garage expansion coming to a thread soon as weather breaks lol.

OK, looking forward to it!

#471 4 years ago

You have an amazing collection of arcade games 50 years or older. My favorite is the scientific batting practice. I put many nickels into that game in Playland, Lavallette NJ.

#472 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

So kind thank you! Actually been meaning to update this thread with many recent additions since completion. Honestly at capacity now which is scary. On the plus side......I convinced my wife in order to push this thread and continue forward it was time to fully repurpose the 3 car garage with the same treatment the basement received (minus excavation of coarse) to expand from 45 games to 70. New garage expansion coming to a thread soon as weather breaks lol.

Incredible! Love to come check it out sometime if you’re ever hosting an event let me know!

#473 4 years ago
    Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

Incredible! Love to come check it out sometime if you’re ever hosting an event let me know!

Reach out anytime. Always enjoy meeting new friends and playing pinball. Just don’t expect to play against a series “A” player. More like an “H” lol.

#474 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Reach out anytime. Always enjoy meeting new friends and playing pinball. Just don’t expect to play against a series “A” player. More like an “H” lol.

LOL... I’m about a “Q” player in skill, but an “A” when it comes to the love and appreciation of Pinball, Arcades, and game rooms!

There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-room-underground-excavation-and-expansion-for-themodcouple/page/10?hl=robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.