(Topic ID: 157132)

New Game Room Expo show in Chicago

By Jetzxi

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016Expo_(resized).JPG
    20160410_220952_(resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

While at The Texas Pinball Festival, I heard about this new Chicago show coming in August but was hoping to see something official and here it is......

20160410_220952_(resized).jpg20160410_220952_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Interesting. Would like more info on this show. Is this more centered more around video games vs pinball ?

#3 8 years ago

I didn't hear specifics.....

#4 8 years ago

Website listed in that ad is less than helpful.
    Just says "Coming soon".

#5 8 years ago

but there's a banquet!

#6 8 years ago

Does this mean Rob Berk is no longer involved with the "other" Expo?

#7 8 years ago

He is still listed as a 2016 chairman.................

2016Expo_(resized).JPG2016Expo_(resized).JPG

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Does this mean Rob Berk is no longer involved with the "other" Expo?

This seems like a very distinct event, so I don't see why he can't do both.

#9 8 years ago

Just checked the dates and saw that it's Thursday - Saturday. I really don't get doing that. Friday - Sunday seems like the way to go.

#10 8 years ago

If they want people to make plans to goto this show, it needs to be promoted, and promoted now. A flyer in a booklet in a show in TX not the best method. I saw nothing about this show at MGC which is in the area.

#11 8 years ago

Yeah, it's right around the corner. Hell I already booked my hotel for Texas and the show is 11 months out!

The ad was in the new Gameroom Magazine which arrived on Thursday or Friday last week but I was too busy with MGC to even open it up until last night.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

but there's a banquet!

Will the games be shut down for this?

#13 8 years ago

I talked a little bit about this with some people. It's supposed to be a more video arcade show. If he has 200 machines coming, that's a good start. If he can pull off Expo-like speakers, that would be unique.

Rob is still totally running Expo with Mike by the way, that was confirmed to me.

#14 8 years ago

This show is kind of silly to have considering the Galloping Ghost has close to 500 Video games to play all for $15 any day of the year.

#15 8 years ago

I'm all for over saturation

#16 8 years ago

After last years pinball expo, I think I would recommend..................................instead of starting a new expo

#17 8 years ago

Pong anyone?

It would be funny if a lot of pins showed up for the gameroom

faz

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I'm all for over saturation

Of the face, I assume.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.