(Topic ID: 299049)

Sorcerer's Apprentice: New Game Revealed by Multimorphic!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SA_NWE_CODE_1.0.3.0_HD (resized).jpg
IMG_20211028_150109 (resized).jpg
1stWorld[1] (resized).jpg
PXL_20211023_001123268.MP[1] (resized).jpg
SA_NEW_CODE_HD-R2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2728 (resized).jpg
SA-Reveal (resized).jpg
89E0B5B2-2484-4910-B66E-7F3874149959.jpeg
200w.gif
Waiting (resized).png
image (resized).png
4 (resized).png
5 (resized).png
3 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RebelGuitars.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 2 years ago
IMG_2728 (resized).jpgIMG_2728 (resized).jpg
#40 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Waiting to see buffalo's gameplay vid. I hadn't ordered the CC module, but this might tip me over to having it included.

You should get the CCR module if only to get Ranger in the Ruins. It’s so addictive. But really, with three games for it, it’s a no brainer.

#60 2 years ago

I’m really enjoying SA and looking forward to tomorrow’s stream. I somehow lost my saved progress, so starting over obtaining the spells.
But once you have them, the modes are really cool! I’m sure I’m just scratching the surface. Expecting to learn more of the rules from Kevin and Gerry tomorrow night.

#68 2 years ago

Great stream last night Kevin and Gerry!

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The game is tough for sure! After viewing last night and hearing Gerry talk about the ending, I'm pretty sure I'll never beat the Sorcerer. That said, the individual modes are not *that* difficult. Each one lets you add time (15 sec?) by hitting the captive ball. As long as the timer is under 15 seconds remaining, I believe this can be done indefinitely. Modes are still not a gimme, but it makes them totally fair in my opinion.
Once it gets to the 2-spell modes, things get tougher. I think these are super cool, but you need to be able to switch the spell with the other buttons. Kevin was doing some next-level spell switching last night. I typically go for most/all of the first spell, then switch to the other spell and finish them off. And don't even get me started on using the shield amongst all of this. It definitely requires some finger gymnastics, but is a really novel concept that I'm digging for sure.
My only complaint about the game is that everything is gated by the same 3 basic modes. So, you end up playing these modes ALL the time, and don't get to play the 2-spell modes nearly as often. I really wish there were 2 versions of each of the base spell modes to add some variety. I think the entry-level spell modes are fun and well done, but I'll end up playing them so often that I can see getting tired of them. It would be cool if there were two varieties of Fire, Ice, and Lightning to mix things up. Switching between which base spell mode you got would really add some longevity to the early game. I guess eventually I might create a save point where I've collected the 3 spells, but I don't love the idea of needing to do this just to skip something repetitive.
Other than this complaint, I'm really LOVING this game. Very, very well done.

Saving your progression is perfect for this game so you don't have to collect the 3 spells every time (plus your shield). You get to then play anything else in the game you want. That's when it really starts getting fun. And challenging!! Looking forward to the plastic set Gerry mentioned being made for it. Going to rewatch the stream to see what other tips I can pick up.

2 weeks later
#90 2 years ago

Great update. Loving this game! Once you get your three spells and shield, the game really opens up.

1 month later
#106 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Today, I took delivery of my CCR + SA playfield.
I ended up doing some day job work in the late afternoon... then installed the software updates and packages after 7pm.
Apparently - For some reason; I had removed the balls from my P3... months ago ... and promptly forgot.
So; after doing the software upgrades - I incorrectly assumed I had f'ed something up... then Multimorphic's technical support called me on the boneheaded mistake:
[quoted image]
After installing the balls - I remembered two things while playing Sorcerer's Apprentice.
1) I very much suck at pinball.
2) Gerry is a mean pinball designer who loves to make brutal, "play better" layouts.
Right now SA is my favorite... but I played some career mode CCR and again reminded me that I suck at pinball.
The moral of the story?
Check balls

You’ve got to get Ranger in the Ruins. Highly addictive and a great price!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RebelGuitars.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-reveal-monday-from-multimorphic?tu=RebelGuitars and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.