(Topic ID: 299049)

Sorcerer's Apprentice: New Game Revealed by Multimorphic!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SA_NWE_CODE_1.0.3.0_HD (resized).jpg
IMG_20211028_150109 (resized).jpg
1stWorld[1] (resized).jpg
PXL_20211023_001123268.MP[1] (resized).jpg
SA_NEW_CODE_HD-R2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2728 (resized).jpg
SA-Reveal (resized).jpg
89E0B5B2-2484-4910-B66E-7F3874149959.jpeg
200w.gif
Waiting (resized).png
image (resized).png
4 (resized).png
5 (resized).png
3 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
2 (resized).png
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 2 years ago

So it looks like there might be a new game for the Cosmic Cart Racing module coming out this Monday.

Here are all the clues posted by Multimorphic so far:

1 (resized).png1 (resized).png

2 (resized).png2 (resized).png

3 (resized).png3 (resized).png

4 (resized).png4 (resized).png

5 (resized).png5 (resized).png

#2 2 years ago

Plus the morse code has already been decoded... august 21, 2021!!

Is there a second clue in that last photo? hmm..

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

august 21, 2021!!

I think you mean August 23.

#5 2 years ago

Here is the last Multimorphic post with the original image on the right, spot the differences?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#6 2 years ago

I can only assume this is Gerry's desk. Is the hamburger a clue? Or is it his lunch?

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I think you mean August 23.

Hm.... another clue!!

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Here is the last Multimorphic post with the original image on the right, spot the differences?
[quoted image]

I really don't see anything beyond what we've already identified:

- hamburger -
- telegraph
- dot matrix printout with morse code (I think it's dot matrix printer paper, not sure)
- MM logo up top
- CCR logo in carpet

#9 2 years ago

That light show looks awesome. The hamburger obviously means Gerry’s bought the Food Truck license from Deeproot

#10 2 years ago

Only 13 hours and 49 minutes to august 23!

#11 2 years ago

Yep, tomorrow is the big day!

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Is the hamburger a clue?

Picked up the Food Truck license from a company having 'legal issues'?

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I really don't see anything beyond what we've already identified:
- hamburger -
- telegraph
- dot matrix printout with morse code (I think it's dot matrix printer paper, not sure)
- MM logo up top
- CCR logo in carpet

P3 logo on the test equipment, center rack, close to the top.

#15 2 years ago

Today’s the day! Food Truck racer?

#18 2 years ago

It's up

#19 2 years ago
89E0B5B2-2484-4910-B66E-7F3874149959.jpeg89E0B5B2-2484-4910-B66E-7F3874149959.jpeg
#20 2 years ago

Is that a licensed title? never heard of it

#21 2 years ago

See ya'll for the gameplay stream next monday!

http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

SA-Reveal (resized).jpgSA-Reveal (resized).jpg

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

No. The licensed theme (with Danesi beats) is still forthcoming.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

No. The licensed theme (with Danesi beats) is still forthcoming.

Thanks

#24 2 years ago

WOOT WOOT!

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

[quoted image]

Looks amazing!

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

[quoted image]

put that in the calendar!

7pm 8/30 CST then

#27 2 years ago

Hey, Great. I’ll see you all on the next reveal, where I’ll still be considering purchasing I imagine.

#28 2 years ago
IMG_2728 (resized).jpgIMG_2728 (resized).jpg
#30 2 years ago

Can't wait to play it. So excited. Take my money now.

#31 2 years ago

This looks awesome. Great choice for an unlicensed theme. I've been thinking that Multimorphic needs a fantasy game for a while now and this is totally different to Cosmic Cart Racing. The artwork is beautiful - do we know who the artist is?

#32 2 years ago

Artist is Eric Ridgeway, he did work for Heads Up on the P3 too: https://www.deviantart.com/emortal982

#33 2 years ago

Anyone played this yet?

#34 2 years ago

I've only played a few games so far. I'll be honest, the first couple games had me thinking, "meh." I had NO CLUE what I was doing.

**Full disclosure, I'm in the middle of trying to resolve some flipper issues, which curbs some enthusiasm from any game.**

BUT -- after about 4 games or so, I am officially deeming this the SA playfield, that is also used by CCR (and I like CCR). This game is pretty dope! I still barely know what I'm doing, but it's freakin cool.

"Shoot the floatie?" WTF?!?

And I got some burger thing (now I know why it was in the teaser picture) and some associated high score or something. My head is still kinda spinning about what's going on, but in a good way.

Hopefully there's a lot more easter eggs too.

Undoubtedly this game will go unappreciated by most, but it's really fun already. AND A STEAL AT $500! Are you kidding me?

#35 2 years ago

I don't know p3 that well.

This is a new game for the already existing Cosmic Cart module, right?

What if you own the module, do you get the game for free?

EDIT: I see above $500. OK cool.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Well, there is Disney's Mickey Mouse cartoon, but licencing that would be like mining unobtainium.

#37 2 years ago

As always, this game is very fun! I really enjoy the modes for learning magic. I've only had a bit of time in the various modes, but they are quite fun and rewarding (and the light shows are excellent!). Looking forward to spending more time on it! Congratulations to the team!

#38 2 years ago

Waiting to see buffalo's gameplay vid. I hadn't ordered the CC module, but this might tip me over to having it included.

#39 2 years ago

I got a few games in earlier - it is really fun! I don't have Lexy Lightspeed but I imagine it's more similar to that game than CCR. Heist is probably the most traditional 'familiar' pinball code.

This game is REALLY interesting! I'm having to re-learn the CCR playfield since I've not had it in my game for a while, but the shots are fun. It's like a pinball RPG almost. Modes are "spells" and then you have to travel to a certain land to defeat 3 bosses who guard a dungeon. Haven't made it very far yet. Definitely more of a sniper-shooter type game than a flow monster but that's only if you care about progressing quickly. The bandits are hilarious! There's a lot to this one, great work.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Waiting to see buffalo's gameplay vid. I hadn't ordered the CC module, but this might tip me over to having it included.

You should get the CCR module if only to get Ranger in the Ruins. It’s so addictive. But really, with three games for it, it’s a no brainer.

#41 2 years ago

I'm getting Ranger, but i thought it played on the modules.

#42 2 years ago

RITR is exclusive to the CCR playfield. See you for the Sorcerer's Apprentice stream next Monday!

#43 2 years ago

Yeah, i see that now. I have a couple of months to decide before the final invoice comes.

#44 2 years ago

Game looks awesome. Will be picking this up next week for my Father's Day present.

#45 2 years ago

I've played a few games so far and have really enjoyed it! Once the kids go to bed I'll put more time on it. But, so far it's beaten my expectations completely!

#46 2 years ago

Heist is great, and is objectively the best game on the system. Not surprisingly, it gets all the P3 pub.

I'm probably Lexy's biggest Stan. That game is criminally underrated. Unfortunately, there's not a ton else going for that module.

But with the addition of the new game: CCR, SA, and RitR together make this playfield the best bang for your P3 buck.

Even if you only had the CCR playfield (I swear I'm gonna start calling it the SA playfield soon), you could still have a case study in what makes the P3 awesome. With only this single playfield, you still have so many diverse gameplay experiences: CCR arcade mode (local and online), CCR career mode, SA, RitR, and ROCs.

Before today, CCR was the hardest module for me to recommend to someone (not counting CL), although RitR really helped close the gap. As much as I love my girl Lexy, SA pushes the value prop of this playfield past Lexy, and depending what you're into, possibly even Heist.

I've been waiting for a FULL software-only re-theme game for one of the playfields. I didn't expect that to happen where the add-on exceeded the original. I hope we continue to see a lot more of this. Not sure the relative development costs of this strategy, but for consumers, it's an amazing deal.

#48 2 years ago

Man, the callouts are awesome too! I am absolutely loving my SA and have been playing it non stop. There is so much depth to the game. Not only are there spells but also key(s)? Its pretty amazing but I have not cracked the game open more than that.

#49 2 years ago

Looks really cool! $500 is a steal fir a whole new game!

#50 2 years ago

Mod this game with the music from Harry Potter and you'll be in kiddie heaven.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-reveal-monday-from-multimorphic?hl=amsnl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.