(Topic ID: 299049)

Sorcerer's Apprentice: New Game Revealed by Multimorphic!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SA_NWE_CODE_1.0.3.0_HD (resized).jpg
IMG_20211028_150109 (resized).jpg
1stWorld[1] (resized).jpg
PXL_20211023_001123268.MP[1] (resized).jpg
SA_NEW_CODE_HD-R2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2728 (resized).jpg
SA-Reveal (resized).jpg
89E0B5B2-2484-4910-B66E-7F3874149959.jpeg
200w.gif
Waiting (resized).png
image (resized).png
4 (resized).png
5 (resized).png
3 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
2 (resized).png
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago

Stoked to try this game next week!

#102 2 years ago

Today, I took delivery of my CCR + SA playfield.
I ended up doing some day job work in the late afternoon... then installed the software updates and packages after 7pm.
Apparently - For some reason; I had removed the balls from my P3... months ago ... and promptly forgot.

So; after doing the software upgrades - I incorrectly assumed I had f'ed something up... then Multimorphic's technical support called me on the boneheaded mistake:
dumbArsedumbArse

After installing the balls - I remembered two things while playing Sorcerer's Apprentice.
1) I very much suck at pinball.
2) Gerry is a mean pinball designer who loves to make brutal, "play better" layouts.

Right now SA is my favorite... but I played some career mode CCR and again reminded me that I suck at pinball.

The moral of the story?
Check balls

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I ended up doing some day job work in the late afternoon... then installed the software updates and packages after 7pm.
Apparently - For some reason; I had removed the balls from my P3... months ago ... and promptly forgot.
So; after doing the software upgrades - I incorrectly assumed I had f'ed something up... then Multimorphic's technical support called me on the boneheaded mistake:
[quoted image]
After installing the balls - I remembered two things while playing Sorcerer's Apprentice.
2) Gerry is a mean pinball designer who loves to make brutal, "play better" layouts.
Right now SA is my favorite... but I played some career mode CCR and again reminded me that I suck at pinball.
The moral of the story?
Check balls

Get familiar with the profiles and save your game… a LOT

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I had removed the balls from my P3... months ago ... and promptly forgot.

Quoted from Zitt:

Gerry is a mean pinball designer who loves to make brutal, "play better" layouts.

Sounds like "play more often" applies here too!

We designed the CCR playfield to be high speed and flowy for the racing concept. It definitely punishes you when the ball gets out of control.

Make sure to turn on Sorcerer Apprentice's "insult callouts" in Settings/Audio. It sounds like you'll get to hear a lot of them. The next software update will have over 50 more callouts, many of which were requested here.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#105 2 years ago

Do yourself a favor Zitt and replace the rubbers in the game with some that actually have a CHANCE of gripping the ball and helping you get it under control.

The punishing game rules + required laser precision make it difficult for casual players and families to understand any of these games. And by "casual players" I mean anyone who's not winning tournaments. The rules are hard, the layouts are hard, the physics are hard. Make the games in your home fun, so it's not just this clique of ace players. Also, profile saves, although this will not translate to the average player, but at least you'll know.

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

[quoted image]
The moral of the story?
Check balls

You’ve got to get Ranger in the Ruins. Highly addictive and a great price!

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

No doubt!

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Sounds like "play more often" applies here too!

1stWorld[1] (resized).jpg1stWorld[1] (resized).jpg
People keep sending me money... So I spend my "pinball time" packing orders.

Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I'm considering it... But really; given the the cash I spent for CCR+SA, I need some time to recover.
By then; the licensed theme will probably be announced.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

replace the rubbers in the game with some that actually have a CHANCE of gripping the ball and helping you get it under control

The problem isn't grip really. At least not right now.

My most frustrating problem is that the scoop on the CCR module is firing right down the middle. So much that it's annoying as hell; it takes sometimes 6-10 shots with ball save to actually get the ball on a flipper by then the mode timer is "done". It annoyed the wife too.
I'm almost positive it's a level problem... so I haven't checked with Multimorphic for support.
I thought I saw levelness at some point (proably in Canon Lagoon); but I couldn't find the screen in SA to check. Diags didn't have the screen either.

So; gstellenberg ... we need an update to the diag program to put the level meter on screen.
But I'm sure he's already thought of that... and I'm just being obtuse and forgetting where that screen lives officially. Maybe it's on Lexy but not on SA?

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

[quoted image]

I'm considering it... But really; given the the cash I spent for CCR+SA, I need some time to recover.

My most frustrating problem is that the scoop on the CCR module is firing right down the middle. So much that it's annoying as hell; it takes sometimes 6-10 shots with ball save to actually get the ball on a flipper by then the mode timer is "done". It annoyed the wife too.
I'm almost positive it's a level problem... so I haven't checked with Multimorphic for support.
I thought I saw levelness at some point (proably in Canon Lagoon); but I couldn't find the screen in SA to check. Diags didn't have the screen either.
So; gstellenberg ... we need an update to the diag program to put the level meter on screen.
But I'm sure he's already thought of that... and I'm just being obtuse and forgetting where that screen lives officially. Maybe it's on Lexy but not on SA?

Iirc the is a on screen level below the flippers… I think at the main menu where you pick your app

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

[quoted image]

The level is in the package manager, but it’s a little hard to dial in - or at least I’ve never figured out how to use it effectively. Use the PinGuy app instead.

Some of the CCR playfields actually do need an adjustment to that scoop, so don’t discount that possibility. There is of course a document about it (thanks TJ!)

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

My most frustrating problem is that the scoop on the CCR module is firing right down the middle.

Quoted from Zitt:

Agreed - we do need to add it into Diags. As Rob said, it's currently in the apron area in System Manager (and LL-EE).

Please let me know if it turns out to be a misaligned scoop. There's an explicit step in the assembly instructions to align the scoop, install the partially built playfield into the launch fixture, and test launch a bunch of times for no STDM launches before continuing assembly. I know for sure that step wasn't skipped on your p/f. So either your machine isn't level (easy fix) or the scoop angle relaxed after assembly, possibly when traveling sideways (screws perhaps not tightened enough).

Here's the CCR section in our support wiki (login required): https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/Cosmic_Cart_Racing
Among other things, it has the article Rob mentioned about realigning the scoop.

- Gerry

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

It's not often that I read one of your posts and think "whoa! Me too!" but here we are!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#113 2 years ago

I found a level in system manager but it isn't in SA at all.

Right now it's is bouncing between level and a positive number. Going to check with an actual level this afternoon.

I haven't looked at the CCR doc yet. I'm assuming return to right flipper but will confirm with the doc

#114 2 years ago

If you'll be at Expo this weekend, come by the booth!

- Gerry

IMG_20211028_150109 (resized).jpgIMG_20211028_150109 (resized).jpg
#115 2 years ago

Mine is supposed to be delivered today (Friday). I'll start crying if i have to wait till Monday though.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

If you'll be at Expo this weekend, come by the booth!
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com[quoted image]

Have fun gstellenberg !

Hope a lot of people play this awesome machine so they can see what they are missing!! Can’t wait for the new game

1 month later
#117 2 years ago

New Sorcerer's Apprentice code is released. Listen for the additional voice callouts, many of which were suggested by the community!

- Gerry

SA_NWE_CODE_1.0.3.0_HD (resized).jpgSA_NWE_CODE_1.0.3.0_HD (resized).jpg

#118 2 years ago

Can we download from our games Wi-Fi yes we can!

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Can we download from our games Wi-Fi yes we can!

Yes - that's a core system feature now. Should remain available for all future games and updates.

- Gerry

#120 2 years ago

I understand coin taker has a p3 or two in stock!

1 year later
#121 1 year ago

Just curious what people think after having played SA for awhile. I just ordered a P3 with Heist and am trying to figure out which other module to get. The theme of CCR doesn’t appeal to me at all but SA looks fun.

A no-brainer if you already have the CCR module but at $3000 (CCR) + $500 (SA), is it a better bang for the buck than WAMONH or Lexy Lightspeed?

Thanks!

#122 1 year ago

I have CCR. The light show and sounds are top notch but the game itself is okay. Sorcerer's Apprentice and Ranger in the Ruins, however, are both excellent games so I think its worth buying the module for those two games alone.

#123 1 year ago

I also prefer Sorcerer's Apprentice over Cosmic Cart Racing but thats only because Ive played much more SA on my P3.

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I also prefer Sorcerer's Apprentice over Cosmic Cart Racing but thats only because Ive played much more SA on my P3.

I hate to admit the same. SA is really fun and is a more relaxed style of game than what I have in my collection. It is a really nice break from chaos.

Also with the CCR playfield, don't forget about Ranger in the Ruins. That game is absolutely fun and is an ass-kicker. Best played for dollars with friends.

--Scott

#125 1 year ago

The more I play CCR the more I enjoy the single player. However getting a group of people on CCR online...that is a hoot. Remember CCR has 2 styles of play, the "single player story" experience and the racing. BUT when you can add on ranger in the ruins and SA...ya that is a packed module.

I played SA at a friends house and a lot at MM. One game at MM I actually got pretty far into the game....but for me that was having 2 magics.. It is fun to have that rpg like game/experience but man it can be brutal!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-reveal-monday-from-multimorphic/page/3?hl=amsnl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.