a161de9e94d85a5db9a8e0f5a5dfe5ac25944d9c (resized).jpg
d4d65e6d159b6c00d0e39ac1b8e63ea0860b2f50 (resized).jpg
e66edc0b2913c9dfbeeb7a1cbf07cec8cdb5ece5 (resized).png
e9dff406dc3102f8750153810bd42ba8644f38bd (resized).png
module (resized).jpg
targetspotted (resized).jpg
machine (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Nick Baldridge of For Amusement Only Games just released the first ever 3rd Party full-module game for the Multimorphic P3! Check it out:

https://drainedpinball.com/

Reveal Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball
a161de9e94d85a5db9a8e0f5a5dfe5ac25944d9c (resized).jpga161de9e94d85a5db9a8e0f5a5dfe5ac25944d9c (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

Some pics:
targetspotted (resized).jpgtargetspotted (resized).jpg
module (resized).jpgmodule (resized).jpg
machine (resized).jpgmachine (resized).jpg

#3 1 year ago

Woah, dig the Edward Gorey inspired aesthetic, stands out in a nice way. (Artist appears to be someone named Molly Baldridge, not familiar with her, but good job.)

#4 1 year ago

Flyer:
e66edc0b2913c9dfbeeb7a1cbf07cec8cdb5ece5 (resized).pnge66edc0b2913c9dfbeeb7a1cbf07cec8cdb5ece5 (resized).png
e9dff406dc3102f8750153810bd42ba8644f38bd (resized).pnge9dff406dc3102f8750153810bd42ba8644f38bd (resized).png

#6 1 year ago

Same here. Ordered mine earlier.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Artist appears to be someone named Molly Baldridge, not familiar with her, but good job.

I believe Molly is the partner of the designer of the game.

#8 1 year ago

Curious on what's the price?

It's spooky and has vampires, definitely would like to play one.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Curious on what's the price?

Do you mean for the game kit? Or the P3 platform itself?
The "Drained" game kit is $3500.
The P3 base platform (on which you play the games) is $8300.

More info here:
https://drainedpinball.com/
https://www.multimorphic.com/category/p3-pinball-machine/

#10 1 year ago

Arterial and Auterial!

I have 3 questions:

Will it have Stern Insider Connected?
Will it license footage from Bram Stoker's Dracula or Morbius or Blade?
When the ball falls through the gobble hole, does it go back to the trough or just fall to the bottom of the cabinet until the operator retrieves it?

#12 1 year ago

This looks extremely cool: I love the art, I love the twist on EM-style play, and as someone awaiting the arrival of their own P3, I'm thrilled to see more and more modules coming out with diverse styles of gameplay.

I hate to be this guy, so I want to ask the question as humbly as possible: Could Nick or someone from P3 give us a little more insight into the cost of this module? Just looking at a photo of Weird Al vs. Drained, there *appears* to be a lot more mechanical parts in the Al module, so I think I had anticipated Drained being priced lower than Al (or Heist, etc.). I'm happy to be corrected, just curious to know a little more about what goes into manufacturing these modules.

#13 1 year ago

Thank you solarvalue for all your posts here! Thank you all for checking it out, ordering, posting, or just being curious about the game.

BradLinden Weird Al is $3975, including the physical licensed artwork and game module.

Drained is $3500, includes all the physical artwork, and the module itself has a lot of mechanical action that may not be apparent from a glance. 2 slings in the upper portion of the module, a pop, 2 banks of 3 drop targets, a huge array of standup targets, (parallel) RGB LEDs, two launchers, a knocker, and bell.

Costs are a huge concern to everyone (myself included), and not every game is for everyone. It's totally fine if this game is not your cup of tea! I would love for you to become a customer, but I also understand if you would rather not.

One difference between Al and Drained is that Drained cannot be purchased separately from the physical artwork. This ensures that everyone can have the same experience with the game, if they choose. Another difference is that my company/I am manufacturing Drained. Weird Al is manufactured by Multimorphic.

I think that I've created a unique, compelling gameplay experience on the platform. I hope others will feel the same way.

I would encourage anyone reading the thread to check out the reveal stream at twitch.tv/buffalopinball on 8PM Eastern on Monday, Nov. 28th so you can see how the game operates and more of the mechanical interaction.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from oldbaby:Arterial and Auterial!

Ha!

Quoted from oldbaby:

Will it have Stern Insider Connected?

No, however if there is customer demand, I can add Scorbit functionality (I wrote an open source library to allow P3 games to connect to Scorbit).

Quoted from oldbaby:

Will it license footage from Bram Stoker's Dracula or Morbius or Blade?

Footage that is not unique to the game is not displayed.

Quoted from oldbaby:

When the ball falls through the gobble hole, does it go back to the trough or just fall to the bottom of the cabinet until the operator retrieves it?

The P3's trough is located in the back of the machine (under the module), and the gobble feeds back into the trough.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

I hate to be this guy, so I want to ask the question as humbly as possible: Could Nick or someone from P3 give us a little more insight into the cost of this module?

A couple of things to note here. Firstly, to get the nomenclature right, P3 is the name of the machine (the platform on which Drained can be played), Multimorphic is the name of the company which manufactures the machine. Drained is designed and manufactured by a different company entirely, For Amusement Only Games, and is, in fact, the first module for the P3 which is not manufactured by Multimorphic (I hope that makes sense ).

I don't want to speak for bingopodcast here, but having been working on a module for the P3 myself, I will say that you have to keep in mind the distinction between a module produced in-house by Multimorphic and one by another entity (a 3rd Party). There will obviously be different costs involved and therefore there may not be a logical pattern when comparing the price of games made by Multimorphic to those made by 3rd parties. Generally speaking, a module requires boards to drive it, so these need to be purchased from Multimorphic. 3rd Parties will also tend to use more "off-the-shelf" parts (as they may not have the capability to make their own parts) which often need to be purchased in smaller quantities from vendors who may or may not give a discount to a very small and very new manufacturer. If 3rd parties do enlist another company to make custom parts, these may also be in small quantities and therefore may cost more.

I have no idea if any of this applies to For Amusement Only Games, I'm just throwing out some things that I have experienced as an aspiring 3rd Party creator. I guess you could say 3rd Party Manufacturers are the boutiquest of the boutiques.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Thank you solarvalue for all your posts here! Thank you all for checking it out, ordering, posting, or just being curious about the game.
BradLinden Weird Al is $3975, including the physical licensed artwork and game module.
Drained is $3500, includes all the physical artwork, and the module itself has a lot of mechanical action that may not be apparent from a glance. 2 slings in the upper portion of the module, a pop, 2 banks of 3 drop targets, a huge array of standup targets, (parallel) RGB LEDs, two launchers, a knocker, and bell.
Costs are a huge concern to everyone (myself included), and not every game is for everyone. It's totally fine if this game is not your cup of tea! I would love for you to become a customer, but I also understand if you would rather not.
One difference between Al and Drained is that Drained cannot be purchased separately from the physical artwork. This ensures that everyone can have the same experience with the game, if they choose. Another difference is that my company/I am manufacturing Drained. Weird Al is manufactured by Multimorphic.
I think that I've created a unique, compelling gameplay experience on the platform. I hope others will feel the same way.
I would encourage anyone reading the thread to check out the reveal stream at twitch.tv/buffalopinball on 8PM Eastern on Monday, Nov. 28th so you can see how the game operates and more of the mechanical interaction.

I’m looking forward to the gameplay. Love the theme and has me interested in P3

I see all the banks and targets. Trying to imagine the shots

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I see all the banks and targets. Trying to imagine the shots

Buffalo pinball will have a reveal stream on Monday, Nov. 28 on http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#18 1 year ago

Thanks solarvalue and @bingopodcast! You both provided helpful insight. I definitely did not realize that this was being manufactured separately, I mistakenly assumed "3rd party" games were being designed out of house, but then manufactured and sold through Multimorphic. That's very cool (and impressive) to know there's outside manufacturing ability, and I have to imagine it's great news that it's not adding to the MM factory's busyness. (Also, I didn't realize that the $3500 price tag on Weird Al *does not* include the cabinet artwork. So, sorry for that inaccurate comparison.)

Again, I think the game looks super cool. Extremely impressed in the execution and really looking forward to playing it.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Buffalo pinball will have a reveal stream on Monday, Nov. 28 on http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

I will check it out

#20 1 year ago

Ha!

No, however if there is customer demand, I can add Scorbit functionality (I wrote an open source library to allow P3 games to connect to Scorbit).

I didn't know you've done work with P3 and Scorbit; I'm glad.

#21 1 year ago

Stream tomorrow night:
d4d65e6d159b6c00d0e39ac1b8e63ea0860b2f50 (resized).jpgd4d65e6d159b6c00d0e39ac1b8e63ea0860b2f50 (resized).jpg

#22 1 year ago

2 hours until the stream!

#23 1 year ago

15 minutes!

#25 1 year ago

Looks insanely fun. Thanks for the stream Kev. Awesome looking game @bingopodcast! I can't wait to order mine! CONGRATS!

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Looks insanely fun. Thanks for the stream Kev.

Kevin runs a great stream! Thank you for checking it out and for your kind words.

And thank you to everyone who tuned in. It was a lot of fun for me to see people's reactions!

#27 1 year ago

I had to miss this last night but it looks epic in the stream! Can't wait to check it out. I love the focus on the bosses, but how it incorporates a lot of traditional EM rules

#28 1 year ago

Not sure how I missed this thread but here’s the stream archive on YouTube!

#29 1 year ago

Following

I’ve yet to see or play a P3 pin.

#30 1 year ago

Wow this looks awesome. Who has a P3 that they want to sell?

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Wow this looks awesome. Who has a P3 that they want to sell?

I know a guy looking to sell.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Can you pass along the guys info? Thanks!

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Why the secrecy? Tag the man!

#34 1 year ago

Am i correct that hole in the middle is required to beat a boss, but you lose a ball? Not sure if I like that. Does that mean there's only technically 3 bosses?

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Am i correct that hole in the middle is required to beat a boss, but you lose a ball? Not sure if I like that. Does that mean there's only technically 3 bosses?

There are 15 total vampires. The most you can see in one game is 10. If I understand correctly they are randomized, other than the final boss who only comes out in a really good game (not sure the requirement to fight him). The game is set to 5 ball at factory settings (another EM throw-back), and it is possible to kill 2 vampires per ball if you defeat one during multiball. And that is freaking brilliant in my mind.

The whole idea is risk/reward as you want to maximize your points/bonus before cashing in with the kill shot.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

There are 15 total vampires. The most you can see in one game is 10. If I understand correctly they are randomized, other than the final boss who only comes out in a really good game (not sure the requirement to fight him). The game is set to 5 ball at factory settings (another EM throw-back), and it is possible to kill 2 vampires per ball if you defeat one during multiball. And that is freaking brilliant in my mind.
The whole idea is risk/reward as you want to maximize your points/bonus before cashing in with the kill shot.

So I’m inferring you can complete a castle mode without actually staking the vampire?

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So I’m inferring you can complete a castle mode without actually staking the vampire?

There are multiple phases of gameplay - it's easiest to think about it like this:

* Exploration, which includes collecting tools to make the battle easier, and awakening the vampire to battle.
* Battle, in which you are tasked with hitting specific shots to weaken the vampire. While you're fighting the vampire, it is constantly re-raising the coffin lid to block your shots. Successfully weakening the vampire prevents it from lifting the coffin lid to block your stake/kill shot.

Staking a vampire, which can happen any time the battle phase is active, will start a new exploration phase - either with a new ball, or when your teammate heroically sacrifices themselves (unwittingly). So the game shows you the new castle you're exploring, plays an abbreviated death rattle of the staked vampire, and an abbreviated lightshow to show you which vampire you're going to battle (if you awaken them). The big benefit to starting a multiball before staking the first vampire in a given ball is that any tools collected during the first ball's battle (via stacking) or prior to the first battle can also be leveraged against the second vampire - you can see this in action starting at about 38:10 of the reveal stream

(this is queued up to that time). However, if you lose your ball or stake the first vampire without a second ball in play, none of the tools will carry over to the next full ball.

Your points and sequences stack with the vampire modes, so completing STAKES while in a battle that utilizes the STAKES targets will also award multiball if completed before hitting the gobble or draining. The only downside of waiting to complete sequences until the battle starts is that you won't be able to get a spotted battle mode shot (because the battle has already started) - however, you can still spot targets in the lanes, with the side targets, or with additional completions of GARLIC, affecting the underlying bonus.

These are rule nuances that may not be obvious.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

100%!

#38 1 year ago

There are multiple phases of gameplay - it's easiest to think about it like this:
* Exploration, which includes collecting tools to make the battle easier, and awakening the vampire to battle.
* Battle, in which you are tasked with hitting specific shots to weaken the vampire. While you're fighting the vampire, it is constantly re-raising the coffin lid to block your shots. Successfully weakening the vampire prevents it from lifting the coffin lid to block your stake/kill shot.
Staking a vampire, which can happen any time the battle phase is active, will start a new exploration phase - either with a new ball, or when your teammate heroically sacrifices themselves (unwittingly). So the game shows you the new castle you're exploring, plays an abbreviated death rattle of the staked vampire, and an abbreviated lightshow to show you which vampire you're going to battle (if you awaken them). The big benefit to starting a multiball before staking the first vampire in a given ball is that any tools collected during the first ball's battle (via stacking) or prior to the first battle can also be leveraged against the second vampire - you can see this in action starting at about 38:10 of the reveal stream (this is queued up to that time). However, if you lose your ball or stake the first vampire without a second ball in play, none of the tools will carry over to the next full ball.
Your points and sequences stack with the vampire modes, so completing STAKES while in a battle that utilizes the STAKES targets will also award multiball if completed before hitting the gobble or draining. The only downside of waiting to complete sequences until the battle starts is that you won't be able to get a spotted battle mode shot (because the battle has already started) - however, you can still spot targets in the lanes, with the side targets, or with additional completions of GARLIC, affecting the underlying bonus.
These are rule nuances that may not be obvious.

100%!

Very cool - I’ll have to study this a bit with the reveal stream

#39 1 year ago

I'm gonna play this a bit more tonight on stream if anyone wants to see some more gameplay Will be solo this time so I can focus in more on defeating vampires, etc.

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I'm gonna play this a bit more tonight on stream if anyone wants to see some more gameplay Will be solo this time so I can focus in more on defeating vampires, etc.

I WAS JUST GOING TO ASK ABOUT MORE STREAMING!~!! nice~!

1 week later
#41 1 year ago

I just watched the interview with Kevin/Buffalo. Really interesting info and insight! @bingopodcast, when do you sleep?

#42 1 year ago

RebelGuitars thanks for watching! I recharge daily to support the next day's human activities.

#43 1 year ago

First two production modules shipped this morning.
Serials removed digitally from photo.

PXL_20221217_151839073~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20221217_151839073~2 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#44 1 year ago

I've been building and shipping more and more games every week, and my manufacturing speed continues to improve. My family business very much appreciates all of your support! If you're interested in purchasing your own copy, visit https://drainedpinball.com

A week ago, Molly and I started collaborating on speaker panel artwork. I believe we've settled on a direction that will mesh well with the existing artwork. Molly is starting work on rough sketches later this week.

We're still working to complete it by the end of the first quarter, and as a reminder, this will be an optional add-on, which will be purchasable separately. This speaker panel artwork is used on newer model P3s only (those with motorized walls/scoops).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 55.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-reveal-drained-vampire-game-for-the-p3- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.