50577F0A-D191-46E9-B12E-5DCA56D879B0 (resized).jpeg
51BF0373-4809-4526-8826-3038121D1F04 (resized).jpeg
F2CD25E7-5831-4E61-A41B-C913923E7C8F (resized).jpeg
B4340C11-CE2B-45F3-8F6D-D1766FB2DE09 (resized).jpeg
17BF77B7-61F9-43A4-AE64-3E3D1CF6152D (resized).jpeg
4C574912-D4CB-4953-925B-148C98D34F35 (resized).jpeg
57e382e421393829a5a8fd697cddb5170769d921.png (resized).jpg
12-19-2016 12-30-29 PM (resized).png

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 7 years ago

+ 1 if you can ship to The Netherlands!

#52 7 years ago

I'd be interested in one. Great work!

#53 7 years ago

+1 If you ship to Australia

#54 7 years ago

Normally Stern is responsibility for the fix......
but you get a standard answer :

"Our engineering department suggests removing the (3) top rubber ring at the top of the top lanes."

Thats all....

I am very disappointed of that...

But nice Work T7. ( A little bit expansive for a small piece of metall or...)

#55 7 years ago

I would like one too. I'm from Belgium.

#56 7 years ago

Im in if you can ship to Australia. Well done on the fix.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Is a fix even needed now since stern threw in the towel and disabled by default the left to right orbit? $100 is steep for me.
- Added Adjustment to disable orbiting from left to right. This will be ON by
default on the LE/PREMIUM. All left orbit balls will go to the pop
bumpers by design.

I doubt Stern will change back to the old code moving forward-so is this diverter a waste of money? I still am shaking my head on this one. I can't believe people are having to pay $95 to try and make their game work properly. How this diverter issue got past Stern's quality control department is beyond me.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I doubt Stern will change back to the old code moving forward-so is this diverter a waste of money? I still am shaking my head on this one. I can't believe people are having to pay $95 to try and make their game work properly. How this diverter issue got past Stern's quality control department is beyond me.

Currently, the code permits you the option to keep or disable the Left Orbits.

#60 7 years ago

A few people are saying it's expensive, I would disagree is $95 (or the equivalent in your home currency) pricey? Yeah a little especially for a part that you shouldn't need to buy if Stern had done their job properly but $95 to make your $6000+ machine work correctly/the way it was designed is a bargin!

Plain and simply this mod is a must for anyone with a GOT premium or LE

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

A few people are saying it's expensive, I would disagree is $95 (or the equivalent in your home currency) pricey? Yeah a little especially for a part that you shouldn't need to buy if Stern had done their job properly but $95 to make your $6000+ machine work correctly/the way it was designed is a bargin!
Plain and simply this mod is a must for anyone with a GOT premium or LE

I don't want to take away from what was done here but yes, $95 for the end user to spend to fix a design problem with something is expensive. Not that their isn't $95 worth of value in the product it's that nobody should have to spend a dime in order to get the game to function as designed.

Fortunately, for most people, just enlarging the holes in the factory diverter bracket fixes the issue (for free). If that doesn't work for you, then this would be a good option.

#62 7 years ago

I totally get your point man and I agree, like I said in my post above GOT buyers shouldn't be having to pay to get there games to work as they where intended but for $95 compared to the price of the game originally $6000+ ish it's definitely worth every penny. Really Stern shouldn't have had this issue go into production.

#63 7 years ago

I would take one! Great work!

#64 7 years ago

I'll buy one

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I don't want to take away from what was done here but yes, $95 for the end user to spend to fix a design problem with something is expensive. Not that their isn't $95 worth of value in the product it's that nobody should have to spend a dime in order to get the game to function as designed.
Fortunately, for most people, just enlarging the holes in the factory diverter bracket fixes the issue (for free). If that doesn't work for you, then this would be a good option.

100% agree with you there. That is why I basically charged 20 bucks for my fix and threw in the extra washers for protruding screws in left orbit, lock washers for VUK, throne cushion, game of throne collector cards and a little Afghani dinar for shits and giggles. That way it didn't feel so much like people having to pay to have their new machine fixed and more like they were paying for an extra goodie bag with enhancers. Trust me, I wasn't profiting on my fix and I only wanted to help the community. That is why I passed my design off to cliffy free of charge and didn't ask for a dime in return.

#66 7 years ago

I'm in as well

#67 7 years ago

Maybe we all should forward the bill to fix this to STERN!

P.s Im in also if you can ship to Australia.

#68 7 years ago

Man, if I'd seen this a week ago, I probably would've waiting to buy a Premium instead of going with the Pro. I mean, what's the point of playing a Ritchie game if 1/4 of the ramp/loop shots don't work?

#70 7 years ago

I would buy one also

#71 7 years ago

Hi,
great work.
I would buy one. Shipping to germany possible ?

#72 7 years ago

A bulk shipment to Australia looks like the go-internal Mail is pretty cheap.

#73 7 years ago

Id be in

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

$95 to make your $6000+ machine work correctly/the way it was designed is a bargin

I didn't pay a dime to get my game to work as designed. Well-hit left orbit shots drop down into to the pops, which Stern has made clear is by design. It's fine for me. If it wasn't, I'd get Capgun's mod from Cliffy for 20-30 bucks.

By the way, the spelling on this thread is terrible.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I didn't pay a dime to get my game to work as designed. Well-hit left orbit shots drop down into to the pops, which Stern has made clear is by design. It's fine for me. If it wasn't, I'd get Capgun's mod from Cliffy for 20-30 bucks.

"Stern has made clear is by design" The designer Steve Ritchie has made it clear that was not how it was designed. This is just stern taking the easy way out.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

In a world where spelling on the internet is terrible - one man is making it his quest to let everyone know just how terrible their spelling is.

#77 7 years ago

I'm interested but I'd like to see the difference between the old and new diverters -- thanks !

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Was my understanding a well hit left orbit was supposed to loop round? But hey man if your happy that is what counts at the end of the day.

Yeah that reminds me I best go log into spellingside once I'm done here, or should I have said, once I am finished here

#79 7 years ago

As designed, it was supposed to go all the way around (orbit) in many shots... In many house modes (such as Martell) it was required in the original code, if memory serves. Stern was unwilling to properly fix, so changed the rules in the game as evident by the menu options. However, Stern now calling this 'by design' is their typical cop out. It's a work around ... Better than nothing, but it's really crappy of them to not go any further and then try to pass this off as 'intended behavior'...

Some have pointed out that dropping into the pops can be advantageous, and while I'd agree technically speaking, it isn't nearly as satisfying (to me, at least).

#80 7 years ago

I'll take fun vs. a couple additional points being stuck in the pops any day. Stern's response to this was SUPER weak.

Quoted from bhwolf:

As designed, it was supposed to go all the way around (orbit) in many shots... In many house modes (such as Martell) it was required in the original code, if memory serves. Stern was unwilling to properly fix, so changed the rules in the game as evident by the menu options. However, Stern now calling this 'by design' is their typical cop out. It's a work around ... Better than nothing, but it's really crappy of them to not go any further and then try to pass this off as 'intended behavior'...
Some have pointed out that dropping into the pops can be advantageous, and while I'd agree technically speaking, it isn't nearly as satisfying (to me, at least).

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

^^
Exactly this. Consecutive fast & smooth left orbits are a pleasure!

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from UvulaBob:

In a world where spelling on the internet is terrible - one man is making it his quest to let everyone know just how terrible their spelling is.

I don't really have to point it out. Bad spelling stands out like a fresh piss stain on a pair of khakis.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I don't really have to point it out. Bad spelling stands out like a fresh piss stain on a pair of khakis.

You're truly the hero this city needs.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Hey, don't knock it. Judging by what I've seen lately, that's probably the next fashion trend.

#85 7 years ago

Maybe I have missed this, but in the newest code, can it be changed where the shots do loop?

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Maybe I have missed this, but in the newest code, can it be changed where the shots do loop?

Settings > Adjustments > GOT > #6 - Disable Left Orbits = NO

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Settings > Adjustments > GOT > #6 - Disable Left Orbits = NO

Thank you!

I haven't updated to the newest code, cause I didn't want to lose my orbit shot (I have one of the few machines where it works).

#88 7 years ago

You don't lose the orbit shot with upgrade, you simply need to reenable it in the settings.

#89 7 years ago

Any eta for pics of the custom diverter?

#90 7 years ago

Nice work! I'd be interested in one when they're available. Thanks!!

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Thank you!
I haven't updated to the newest code, cause I didn't want to lose my orbit shot (I have one of the few machines where it works).

I've upgraded and it simply disables the left orbit going all the way around by default. I immediately changed it back to let me do orbits - but hopefully T7 will make this available, so I actually have the left orbit work!

Steve did intend for both orbits to loop, and fast! Martell, Baratheon and Blackwater MB should all loop from either L or R. The diverter bracket is the culprit - and of all the suggested fixes, this one seems to be the only design that would work in all cases, and in all modes as intended.

#92 7 years ago

Bump just to get this in front of GOT owners.

#93 7 years ago

$95 is fine, count me in.

I was thinking about the $ value it will take to make a couple dozen. That bracket isn't a simple bend or two, it has legs and several bends that will require some special tooling to make it. T7 took a good many hours to mess with the trial and error, dremels or whatever, to mod the original to make it work. Copy/paste that effort into a piece I can plug and play is worth saving the frustration. Then consider that Pinball life or someone has to turn that design into a final built, in bulk for several dozen orders - plus the order taking/payment/shipping/handling - the upfront costs, and a small batch run - its going to be more $$ to make a few because those few have to cover the upfront design and forms across a few units.

If $95 is too high, don't buy. I've tried a few of the other "fixes" and they don't work for me.

If you like the play the way it is, it ain't broke, so play on.

Yep, its $95 to get your $7k machine working as designed. The maker response is it ain't broke.

That leaves us who think its broke, to fix it ourselves, live with "mostly" fixed, or buy a "done" fix.

I find it ironic that Prem or LE buyers put in plastic protectors, or leg protectors, or the $500 topper or artwork blades, but will balk at the $95 to get the game play as Steve intended.

By the way, T7, nice job. I'm in if you decide to go for it.

#94 7 years ago

Maybe after buying we should all send invoices to Stern...

#95 7 years ago

I am in !

Invoice also to STERN ...

2 weeks ago I got 2 replacement boards from my dealer. With GoT LE no luck .. very stupid from STERN, I was
thinking about a GB Pro .. but after the GoT experiene .. NO ! Not such problems with TWD and MET .

Maybe we Germany pinheads can share shipping !

#96 7 years ago

OP, any update on this?

#97 7 years ago

Here is a GOT Premium for someone if they have the fix but not the machine

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#98 7 years ago

Should all shots from the left orbit go through? I recently acquired an LE and am still learning the rules. Some of my shots go through, others go to pops, and some come back down the left orbit.

#99 7 years ago

Hi Dewey,

Assuming you're on v1.29 and have the "Disable Left Orbit" setting = OFF. If this setting = ON (the default), you will get 100% of left orbits dropping into the pop bumpers.

Later Prem/LE machines have inlane rubbers removed at the factory, which may help get better success on the left orbits. But you do need a nice clean shot up the orbit, regardless, to succeed with good regularity.

Capguns' diverter mod option and enlarging the diverter arm mounting bracket holes intend to further improve left orbit success. The NEW diverter arm described in this thread seems to be a promising option that may be easily applied from the bottom of the playfield. (though the OP has gone silent - hopefully he's simply off negotiating a good rate to produce the new diverter arm configuration)

Some people do report good success with no mods at all. In my case, I removed the inlane rubbers and enlarged the mtg bracket holes. I am seeing excellent left orbit results.

Good luck and happy (as designed) left orbits

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Hi Dewey,
Assuming you're on v1.29 and have the "Disable Left Orbit" setting = OFF. If this setting = ON (the default), you will get 100% of left orbits dropping into the pop bumpers.

I'll check this tonight, but I'm assuming that it's set to off since some of them are going through. So the diverter should only be affecting the shots up the right orbit, or is it supposed to direct left orbit shots back down the left orbit at times? The way some of my left orbit shots come back down it's like they were meant to do that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-of-thrones-lepremium-left-orbit-fix/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.