50577F0A-D191-46E9-B12E-5DCA56D879B0 (resized).jpeg
51BF0373-4809-4526-8826-3038121D1F04 (resized).jpeg
F2CD25E7-5831-4E61-A41B-C913923E7C8F (resized).jpeg
B4340C11-CE2B-45F3-8F6D-D1766FB2DE09 (resized).jpeg
17BF77B7-61F9-43A4-AE64-3E3D1CF6152D (resized).jpeg
4C574912-D4CB-4953-925B-148C98D34F35 (resized).jpeg
57e382e421393829a5a8fd697cddb5170769d921.png (resized).jpg
12-19-2016 12-30-29 PM (resized).png

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 7 years ago

Myself and a friend have been working on this issue for quite a while now, and have come up with a new diverter assembly that on the games we've tested has completely fixed the issue. Both left and right orbits work great all the time, and no issues with the ball going into the VUK. Another nice aspect to the fix is the diverter can be replaced from under the playfield in 10-15 minutes, so there's no need to remove the ramps or upper playfield.

We wanted to gauge interest before taking the plunge of having these manufactured. We think the price will be $95.

Please PM me if interested.

Here is a quick video:

The video shows some left orbits, right orbits and right shot to the VUK, as some fixes inhibit the VUK access and/or right orbits.

Added additional videos
Diverter removal/install (this is what it will take to install):

More orbit tests (in test mode):

#2 7 years ago

Interested if I don't have to take the upper playfield off.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

+1

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The diverter is easily replaced from under the playfield - so no problem.

#5 7 years ago

very interested , I'm in for one . thanks

#6 7 years ago

PM sent.

#7 7 years ago

I would be interested

#8 7 years ago

very interested. installed the other "fix" but still having left orbit issues.

#9 7 years ago

Can you post a video of the new diverter in action?

It is clear the issue is with the shape of the current diverter arm:

I would love to see that you have addressed the issue, without affecting access to the elevator VUK entryway.

#10 7 years ago

I'd be interested as well!

#11 7 years ago

Interested. Can you posts a pic or vid?

#12 7 years ago

Interested in this too.

#13 7 years ago

Is a fix even needed now since stern threw in the towel and disabled by default the left to right orbit? $100 is steep for me.

- Added Adjustment to disable orbiting from left to right. This will be ON by
default on the LE/PREMIUM. All left orbit balls will go to the pop
bumpers by design.

#14 7 years ago

Added a video to the first post.

We will probably capture a better video later, just need to rig the gates to stay open to show plenty of orbit shots.

#15 7 years ago

vid looks good. would like to see an installation video as well if possible.

#16 7 years ago

Video looks great when do they ship?

#17 7 years ago

What exactly is this fix and does it work all the time? Is it changing the physical diverter with a new one? Do you have pics of the new one?

#18 7 years ago

That looks absurdly smooth, dang! Interested.

#19 7 years ago

Interested. Want to see more, including installation instructions.

#20 7 years ago

Nice work.
I knew this had to be possible.
Much better then changing the game play.
Good luck with the production guys.

#21 7 years ago

Interested. Would love to see a slow motion video with the upper playfield removed like Mark posted.

#22 7 years ago

I would like:

1. A video, showing both performance of the mod as well as installation.
2. A photo gallery showing numbered, step-by-step instructions of installation and mod performance.
3. A detailed analysis of percentages of left and right orbit shots made with and without the mod installed.
4. A complimentary mod so that I can test it out and report on my findings to Pinside.

EDIT: 5. Oops! Missed that one! Also a slow-motion video of the mod being tested out with freeze-frame and frame-by-frame advancing through the video. Thanks.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

What exactly is this fix and does it work all the time? Is it changing the physical diverter with a new one? Do you have pics of the new one?

The fix is a modified diverter assembly -> it's changing the current assembly for the new one.
The fix works great all the time in our testing - the ball is no longer bouncing into the top lane posts. That's not to say it will never end up in the pops, as it all depends on how solid a shot you make to the orbit - just like on any game. We've had plenty of testing with solid left orbit shots screaming around back to the flippers, especially if you hit it 2 or 3 loops in a row.

#24 7 years ago

I would be interested in getting one.

Put me down for one.

#25 7 years ago

If it does what is described, I'm in... however, I'd certainly want to see more details as mentioned above.

#26 7 years ago

In your testing, do you have the original rubber rings on the lane guides?

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Millz:

In your testing, do you have the original rubber rings on the lane guides?

The games we tested on are later run premiums, where Stern did not put rubber rings on the lane guides - so no. With this fix on good shots the ball appears to be "hugging" the rail on the full orbit (it's hard to tell due to the speed). So it seems like it would work fine to keep the rubber rings on. I would test it, but it's harder to change those rubbers (removing the ramps) than to install the fix!

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

We will probably capture a better video later, just need to rig the gates to stay open to show plenty of orbit shots.

Thanks! That video looks great, nice and smooth!

I've hit 3 & 4 consecutive Left orbits - it is quite awesome. You've got to believe that's what Steve Ritchie had in mind vs intentionally disabling the left orbits via Stern's weak response.

I figured re-shaping the diverter arm would have been the correct solution (along with removing the in-lane rubbers). I do not have the tools or ability to fabricate such an item - so, this is a good option for many. The enlarged mtg bracket hole fix was in range of my skills and provided a similar result. Though, I suspect this result will be a more reliable solution.

I'll be watching this thread - hopefully this will get everyone's Prem/LE flowing like it should!

#29 7 years ago

I'd be happy to test it for you. I have an LE, and have been waiting for this fix.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Their is an option in one of the test menus that keeps the gates open for you while you test the orbit shots. It was their before the last code update. I am not sure now because I have not upgraded my code.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Millz:

I'd be happy to test it for you. I have an LE, and have been waiting for this fix.

Interested as well. I have a LE if additional testing is required.

#32 7 years ago

You would think Stern would be interested in this since GOT production cycle should be 2 plus years. Not sure you could patent this? or could Stern simply steal design or slightly change to make there own?

#33 7 years ago

At first I thought why not see if Stern wants to buy the design, then I can get it for free, but honestly after all this time, I'd just assume pay and get it done today.

#34 7 years ago

stern will not spend a dime buying, making or disturbing this item unless they are making the 95 dollars. as long as we line up for it why would stern spend any money on a clearly defective item they are hiding from.

btw, sign me up for my LE

#35 7 years ago

If Stern produced this item and replaced it on existing tables and future ones they could produce enough additional code for the orbit.

#36 7 years ago

Here is a new video showing repeated loops in test mode:

- note - I also added this video to the first post for easier reference.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

If Stern produced this item and replaced it on existing tables and future ones they could produce enough additional code for the orbit.

The orbit code is there, it's an adjustment. If this (or another) fix is installed, you can play the game with open orbits.

#38 7 years ago

Put me down for one.

#39 7 years ago

I'd buy one, nice job.

#40 7 years ago

When are these expected to ship?

#41 7 years ago

Posting so I can find this thread if I ever get a premium or le (possibly in the market for the right deal).

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

When are these expected to ship?

We have to get them manufactured before we can ship - so no dates yet.

#43 7 years ago

Outstanding work T7, this kinda mod/fix is a good reminder of the insanely skilled people in this hobby. Stern chose to just code out the issue and ignore it & you guys did what they should have done and fixed the problem, sure a lot of GOT owners are going to be pretty happy with your work and definitely makes GOT a killer game again!

#44 7 years ago

Kudos to you guys. Can't wait to see / hear more. Count me in for sure.

#45 7 years ago

Just when I was about to drill holes in my assembly to move the mech closer. Defiantly Gonna scrap that idea now thanks guys for fabricating this fix.

#46 7 years ago

I'd probably be in for one. That 1st video of game play looks smooth as hell.

I moved my diverter arm forward, but haven't had this level of success; although I do have rubbers on the top lane posts. Next cleaning and their coming off.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I moved my diverter arm forward, but haven't had this level of success; although I do have rubbers on the top lane posts. Next cleaning and their coming off.

Absolutely do this. I get great orbits with with the enlarged-hole-mod w/rubbers removed.

I'm on the fence at the moment. Can't wait to hear folks impressions once these are fab'd and shipped

#48 7 years ago

This is a great idea; and I would be in for one as well.

#49 7 years ago

Hi,
nice job, i want to buy one.....

#50 7 years ago

Hi,
if you can ship these to germany. I want to buy one too!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-of-thrones-lepremium-left-orbit-fix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.