• Latest reply 8 years ago by bam10
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

what-would-you-say-you-do-here_(resized).jpg
GOTBUG_(resized).jpg
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 8 years ago

I haven't tested it on my pro; but I hear on the premium if you have wall MB ready and EB lit, it will not award the EB. Can anyone confirm?

#102 8 years ago

Wall multiball.... What's that? How do you even get that far

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Wall multiball.... What's that? How do you even get that far

Maybe try playing house Baratheon? I hear getting wall mb is harder to get to on the LE/PREM

#104 8 years ago

I was just kidding with you, yeah it's a tough mb to get for sure

#105 8 years ago

Not sure if this is a bug or by design. But, now that the lord of light works as once per a game, if its lit and you drain down the center, you lose your Lord of Light and you cannot relight it again.

#106 8 years ago

Hey Dwight, if you're out there. With LOL only being allowed once per game now, there is much incentive or rules to go for the drops. How about adding 3 banks of drops advances the wall one place on top of the normal wall advancement rules?

Or...add a vip pass of the sort that can be used as 1 ram hit, and you earn them by getting 3 banks of drops?

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not sure if this is a bug or by design. But, now that the lord of light works as once per a game, if its lit and you drain down the center, you lose your Lord of Light and you cannot relight it again.

Don't like the lord of light design now. It's harder than it needs to be, especially on location! Thumbs down.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Don't like the lord of light design now. It's harder than it needs to be, especially on location! Thumbs down.

Play harder! Haha. You can change it to every three bank completions in the settings.

#109 8 years ago

Is that how LOL worked before the code update, hit 3 bank completions?

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Is that how LOL worked before the code update, hit 3 bank completions?

It lit the first completion then every three after that.

#111 8 years ago

I have my GOT since 2 days and updated the software.

Is it normal that I can't start with targaryan?
When I start with greyjoy, the insert stays solid and I can't play the mode.

is this normal?

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I have my GOT since 2 days and updated the software.
Is it normal that I can't start with targaryan?
When I start with greyjoy, the insert stays solid and I can't play the mode.
is this normal?

You cannot choose Targaryean as a house. The assumption is that targaryen occupies the Iron Throne and you choose the house to align yourself with to try and take the throne from the Targaryen house.

If you select greyjoy as a house, one of the perks is that you automatically complete its mode and have an opportunity to collect a sword right off the bat.

Choosing any other house, you have to complete a mode before you get to collect a sword.

#113 8 years ago

thank you for the info !!

#114 8 years ago

So whats the skinny on 1.26? pros and cons from 1.23?

#115 8 years ago

I'm still having gate and diverter issues since I put in your left orbit fix, Cap, so I'm not sure what "works" or not in 1.26. *sigh* I'll have to rip it apart again and try to figure it out. Sometimes the ball plunges right around to the left orbit, sometimes it drops into the pops, and sometimes it goes to the upper PF. I don't think this is normal, is it? Shouldn't it always go to the upper PF?

#116 8 years ago

I think I read that plunges do not go to upper playfield for every mode & ball. Not sure if that's a thing, but is what I am seeing.

#117 8 years ago

On 1.26 on a prem at LAX I was making left orbits at will.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm still having gate and diverter issues since I put in your left orbit fix, Cap, so I'm not sure what "works" or not in 1.26. *sigh* I'll have to rip it apart again and try to figure it out. Sometimes the ball plunges right around to the left orbit, sometimes it drops into the pops, and sometimes it goes to the upper PF. I don't think this is normal, is it? Shouldn't it always go to the upper PF?

You need to adjust your interlocks as they are very twitchy/sensitive and you also need to adjust your left shield, there is a sweet spot you have to be in order for it to work. If you can't get it right I can help you out or if you think it was better without bracket then feel free to return it for a full refund.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

You need to adjust your interlocks as they are very twitchy/sensitive and you also need to adjust your left shield, there is a sweet spot you have to be in order for it to work. If you can't get it right I can help you out or if you think it was better without bracket then feel free to return it for a full refund.

Nope. I'm not gonna return it and you can't make me.

I'm actually making left orbit shots, so your fix works. But I have no idea what the hell you're talking about with interlocks and shields, so I just need some more clarification on that, and how you actually adjust it. Good to have you back, btw...

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope. I'm not gonna return it and you can't make me.
I'm actually making left orbit shots, so your fix works. But I have no idea what the hell you're talking about with interlocks and shields, so I just need some more clarification on that, and how you actually adjust it. Good to have you back, btw...

LOL. The two interlocks that prevent left and right orbits are retained by two screws in back panel, loosen them and rotate left or right which will help ball pass throughs. I will sometimes get a bad auto launch, but it has nothing to do with my bracket, it is the lane guide that causes the majority of bad right orbits and auto launch to upper play field. Try making adjustments there for right orbit problems

EDIT: Also check the left wire form across from right lane guide, if that is misaligned you will get lots of rejects

#121 8 years ago

Has anyone noticed weaker flippers with 1.26 versus 1.23?

Prior to 1.26, I was able to consistently hit the center ramp with the left flipper. Now, under normal coil pulse power, I'm lucky to make it up the ramp from the left flipper. Upping the coil pulse power returns it to where it was prior. I verified that it's not a mechanical issue.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Prior to 1.26, I was able to consistently hit the center ramp with the left flipper. Now, under normal coil pulse power, I'm lucky to make it up the ramp from the left flipper. Upping the coil pulse power returns it to where it was prior. I verified that it's not a mechanical issue.

aaaaand thats why I am still on 1.23. I wonder if anyone else is having this issue. Have you tried reloading code in attempt to resolve issue?

#123 8 years ago

aaaaand thats why I am still on 1.23. I wonder if anyone else is having this issue. Have you tried reloading code in attempt to resolve issue?

I played a Prem and LE this weekend on 1.26 and they were making the left ramp all day long. Maybe try and adjust your game's leg levelers a bit? I never made consistent left ramp shits from the left flipper on my Pro, but after messing with the levelers it's all good now.

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I played a Prem and LE this weekend on 1.26 and they were making the left ramp all day long. Maybe try and adjust your game's leg levelers a bit? I never made consistent left ramp shits from the left flipper on my Pro, but after messing with the levelers it's all good now.

gonna hold off as there are more complaints in other threads about new code for LE/PREM owners, there might be a bug fix code for this if it turns out to be more of an issue

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

No flipper issues on my pro. I have my game set for soft coil pulse, a 7 degree slope and the flippers are more than strong enough to make all ramp and orbit shots - backhands included.

I would check your flipper to make sure the EOS adjusted correctly and that the flipper is not binding when it travels. Check the up/down play of the flipper shaft. There should only be a little, like the thickness of a credit card.

Rob

#126 8 years ago

gonna hold off as there are more complaints in other threads about new code for LE/PREM owners, there might be a bug fix code for this if it turns out to be more of an issue

No issues here on my pro so far. I wish they would do something about the GI flicker when the flippers are pressed. That's so 1980's.....

Rob

#127 8 years ago

Noticed the "Winter Has Come" multiball music and sound effects still keeps playing after the mode is over.
Thought maybe the new code would have stopped that.
Only way to stop it is to drain the the final ball in play.

#128 8 years ago

Not good, looks like the new update is NOT that good.

#129 8 years ago

Just installed 1.26 the other day. Had an issue finishing Martel house. I was playing as stark. I had completed stark and Lannister, trying for mertell. I swear that I needed like 8 or 9 orbit shots before the center ramps lit.

#130 8 years ago

Played all weekend on 1.26 premium. No issues here. Right orbit is better, but still not 100%.

#131 8 years ago

I've held back updating the last couple times because my current version (maybe 1.23 as well?) plays fine, and didn't want to rock the boat.

It's kind of a bummer that there has been repeated bugs slipping through. I guess that is the double edged sword of pushing out releases so quickly.

#132 8 years ago

Hmmm ... no problems on my premium with 1.26. Of course it resets the throne kick-out and takes a few to learn to not hit it so strong, but otherwise, no issues with the elevator/etc.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I've held back updating the last couple times because my current version (maybe 1.23 as well?) plays fine, and didn't want to rock the boat.
It's kind of a bummer that there has been repeated bugs slipping through. I guess that is the double edged sword of pushing out releases so quickly.

I was on 1.23 and waiting to upgrade my code because they late updates didn't seem worth it, but I think that this one (1.26) might be worth doing. I'd hate to blow a node board because I didn't install an update. Other then Martell taking a couple extra shots to complete once, it seems to play fine. I've probably played 25 games on the new code.

Bugs slipping through should mean that there not done with the code yet. Hopefully they really add the the depth. I'd like to see the ability to play a house more then once, the ability to "hire" a hero from completed houses for a one ball bonus, and more sounds through the game.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Not sure if they are bugs or issues with peoples games. I lean towards peoples games. If it was code it would impact everyone.

Quoted from tktlwyr:

Zero issues. Flippers are very strong. Zero issues making either ramp as a backhand unless I miss the shot.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I like this. I set mine to 3 clears per bank to get LOL. Game was way to easy when you could get LOL so easily. 3 Bank targets are used in modes to so I'm not sure why so many feel that they are now wasted if you aren't going for LOL (not directed specifically at you). I also like the one and done setting. Gives some strategy to that feature.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Not good, looks like the new update is NOT that good.

Again, this was obviously a quick update to remove the road block with Targaryen played as GreyJoy and to fix some very obvious tournament exploits. I'm pretty sure Dwight is working on the other bugs and features too.

#135 8 years ago

Even with 1.26 still having trouble running TOPS tournaments on location, tournament keeps stopping early.

#136 8 years ago

my pro reset this weekend on location while I was able to get a game in on code 1.26 . then again, the arcade was packed and the punk bands had all their amps and instruments cranked up to 11 so I'm assuming it was just a power draw.

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Not sure if they are bugs or issues with peoples games. I lean towards peoples games. If it was code it would impact everyone.

I like this. I set mine to 3 clears per bank to get LOL. Game was way to easy when you could get LOL so easily. 3 Bank targets are used in modes to so I'm not sure why so many feel that they are now wasted if you aren't going for LOL (not directed specifically at you). I also like the one and done setting. Gives some strategy to that feature.

Ill have to revisit the feature adjustments, but i think i remember you could only select once per game (new default) or 3 banks of targets to light LOL as you described. From my understanding, the 3 banks setting is how it used to be so if thats how you have the setting then nothings changed for you.

The other problem is when you have it set to 3 banks, it still lights LOL on the very first bank. Plus, if its set on once per game (default), it gives you that once per game in the first bank too. It should be set to 3 banks for once per game if you want to add strategy.

Lastly, what are you talking about the bank targets are still used in modes? to my knowledge it's used to complete Baratheon but nothing more as far as modes are concerned. And, i believe they do add to spinner value.

So all in all, LOL needs some polish. If its set to 3 banks, it should be just that, 3 banks and you get LOL. Not 1 bank, then 3 banks, etc... And if its set to once per game, then it still shouldnt be the very first bank cause you'll light it in the first minute of play and then that feature is gone for the rest of the game.

#138 8 years ago

My opinions:

LOL should light after one completion, then progressively add 1 or 2 completions each subsequent time to relight. It would be rare to light it that frequently for the average player and they aren't the safest of targets to shoot for. If that makes things too easy, then I would:

Make LOL light only one outlane and put it on flipper (or slingshot) lane change.

AND/OR

make them have to be hit in ascending/descending order to light LOL or else you only get spinner value increased (and Baratheon credit) but with no LOL. (like Centaur drops)

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Lastly, what are you talking about the bank targets are still used in modes? to my knowledge it's used to complete Baratheon but nothing more as far as modes are concerned. And, i believe they do add to spinner value.

If playing modes as greyjoy, modes other than Baratheon use them. Targaryen for sure, but cannot remember the others.

#140 8 years ago

Hey! Keep yer paws off my LOL! Some of us are outlane challenged

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If playing modes as greyjoy, modes other than Baratheon use them. Targaryen for sure, but cannot remember the others.

Oh yea, forgot about Targaryen

Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

My opinion is LOL should light after one completion, then progressively add 1 or 2 completions each subsequent time to it to relight. It would be rare to light it that frequently for the average player and they aren't the safest of targets to shoot for.
and/or make LOL light only one outlane and put it on flipper (or slingshot) lane change.
and/or make them have to be hit in ascending/descending order to light LOL or else you only get spinner value increased (and Baratheon credit) but with no LOL.

I like this idea of one LOL light and selecting with the flipper (or slingshot). Maybe add to it, if a player qualifies a 2nd LOL during that ball perhaps it lights both?

What happened to the adjustment for once per ball? That would seem like a perfect balance. And to go a step further, perhaps have ball 1 be 1 bank of drops to light LOL, ball 2 - 2 sets, ball 3+ 3 sets.

On a side note, i was playing Lannister the other day and actually got to purchase a LOL. I thought that was really cool, until i drained SDTM 5 seconds later

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Hey! Keep yer paws off my LOL! Some of us are outlane challenged

Thats exactly the problem. One LOL per game that is qualified in the first 30 seconds of play just doesnt make sense to me. Maybe im doing it wrong though.

#143 8 years ago

I haven't noticed it lighting on the first set of drops when set to come on every 3 sets of banks.

I agree that once per ball would be ideal or let it stay lit until it's been used. I would also prefer it to be just one lane and not both as well but, I still feel that this code release was to fix tournament bugs mainly with some big tournaments coming up that are planning on using GOT. For LOL, I'd be surprised if Dwight didn't just go in and fix the bug of that setting not working.

Even with the once per game I generally light it when I want to. One difference may be that I have my coils to soft which (at least seems to) reduce the power pulse to the slings as my slings shoot the balls to the outlanes vs the LOL bank and lite lock banks. That may be why I'm not activating them accidentally. I'll be honest, I don't like the LOL feature anyways so I don't pay much attention to it. Didn't like it on ST pro either when I had it. My thought is, if you are outlane challenged and you want the game to be more forgiving that is exactally what the post is there for. Just lower it down.

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I could be wrong here but I also thought it would randomly be lit via Lannister (after hitting a stand up) as well as sometimes for Tyrell. I know for sure it's there to qualify Baratheon (3 completions), then to beat that house as well as during Targaryen Drogon hurry ups.

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I like this idea of one LOL light and selecting with the flipper (or slingshot). Maybe add to it, if a player qualifies a 2nd LOL during that ball perhaps it lights both?

Yeah that would be good too. I would make the lane change for one LOL dictated by the slings or pops in this case; no flipper control then you would be 'unsafe' to some degree with only one lit.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

What happened to the adjustment for once per ball? That would seem like a perfect balance. And to go a step further, perhaps have ball 1 be 1 bank of drops to light LOL, ball 2 - 2 sets, ball 3+ 3 sets.

I don't like the idea of once per ball being explicitly forced purely because I'd like to see the LOL feature akin to lighting kickbacks on older games where it is dangerous to play without it lit, but it's typically risky or difficult to light it too. (Think F14 Tomcat)

LOL should be one of many priorities or decisions to make if you choose to light it or not; If you only get one per ball, you take all decision making away as soon as it's used, and then the feature loses most of the strategy that could be built into it late in a ball/game imo.

At this point if I were to try to balance casual fun and deeper strategy it would be:
1. Single bank completion to light both lord of light first time
2. +1 bank each subsequent time
3. LOL cannot be lit inside a MB but can be brought in to the MB

Would be very interested to see how that would play out for casual players and in a deeper 20-30 minute game. If theres too many LOL being handed out still, make subsequent LOL light one outlane at a time instead of both - the first one in any game should always be both imo (mostly to help keep a casual quarter-drop player engaged in the game).

#146 8 years ago

The new LoL change is definitely more of a challenge, but not a particularly fun one IMO. Especially when you waste your one LoL on a center drain. I know it's technically a bugfix for a change that should've taken effect earlier, but still.

I also noticed over the course of a few games that the number of houses to light EB seems to be a fluctuating award now. I started off the night with the usual 3 houses = EB, but it eventually without warning became 4. On earlier code revisions, it was always 3.

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

At this point if I were to try to balance casual fun and deeper strategy it would be:
1. Single bank completion to light both lord of light first time
2. +1 bank each subsequent time
3. LOL cannot be lit inside a MB but can be brought in to the MB

I like this idea.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

The new LoL change is definitely more of a challenge, but not a particularly fun one IMO. Especially when you waste your one LoL on a center drain. I know it's technically a bugfix for a change that should've taken effect earlier, but still.
I also noticed over the course of a few games that the number of houses to light EB seems to be a fluctuating award now. I started off the night with the usual 3 houses = EB, but it eventually without warning became 4. On earlier code revisions, it was always 3.

Check your setting and move it back to fixed. I believe factory is set to progressive.

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Just installed 1.26 the other day. Had an issue finishing Martel house. I was playing as stark. I had completed stark and Lannister, trying for mertell. I swear that I needed like 8 or 9 orbit shots before the center ramps lit.

I second this bug.

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Check your setting and move it back to fixed. I believe factory is set to progressive.

I tried doing that on mine and it just shut off EB altogether.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-of-thrones-code-120/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.