(Topic ID: 268699)

New game buying advice

By colonel_caverne

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“which one should i choose?”

• TOM 8 votes
      16%
    • Fish Tales 10 votes
      20%
    • BSD 10 votes
      20%
    • Goldeneye 0 votes
    • The Shadow 17 votes
      34%
    • Other 5 votes
      10%

(50 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaybird815.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi there,
    i'm looking for another game and i'm hesitating between several ones.
    what kind of player i'm? Well, my pinball skills are arevage to average plus, like ramps (with diverter is better), depth rules but not too much as long journey games are not for me, with great jackop callouts (i has an important emotional factor in my book), like stacking too. Package sound and art are important but not the most.
    So the selction i have in mind is the following (not close to another input):
    - TOM (only very games played)
    - Goldeneye (never played)
    - fish tales (never played)
    - BSD (already played it and really like this one)
    - The Shadow (already owned it some years ago when i was not the player i'm this day. i'm a much better player, better enough to give it another chance?)
    i also would like a game that would be more approachable (than i already own) for my kids and it needs to be fun too.
    thanks

BSD is a great game but not too approachable for kids, I’d go FT personally

#10 3 years ago

I already owned WH2O and NGG in the past. Do not keen on own them twice right now. thanks for input.
    Poll added.
    Regarding FT, is it an easy and/or challenging game?
    what about callout jackpot? i really love 30M for BSD, it is a great emotional feeling. which game of the list can match this criteria?
    The price are very fluctuating and are very depending on the game condition. Would you say the price of a TOM is equal of the addition of 2 other games of the list?

Here in the states, you could get both FT and BSD for the cost of TOM

#12 3 years ago

It seems to be the same here in Europe.
    However, i’m looking for 25 years old games and find them in great condition is not very easy.
    FT and BSD are used to have faded cabinet and TS has always sanctum playfield wear.
    So FT, BSD and TS seem to build consensus here.
    Is there jackpot callout in FT?

Yes, but nowhere near as cool as BSDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaybird815.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-buying-advice?tu=jaybird815 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.