Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaredsp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hey everyone my name is Jared and im located in Marlboro NJ. I'm looking into buying my first pinball in the near future and i have some general questions as well as some more specific ones. I am right now trying to decide between two machines, The Walking Dead Pro or The Simpsons Pinball Party. Lets say im an equal fan of both properties. Obviously simpsons is going to be a pre owned machine and over 10 years old. First question, for someone like me who really knows nothing about maintaining and repairing pins how important is it for me to lean toward a new machine over an older one. Do pins usually need lots of repair? The pin will get normal at home use.

Next im a novice pinballer and of course im hoping to get better over time i dont see myself ever really being a great player or anything like that. Which machine do you guys think will be better for the amateurs and more enjoyable. Yes i know the walking dead isnt out yet so its probably hard to judge this but some incite would be great.

I was reading on the forum about the walking dead machine and people are talking about The Code. I'm not sure what they are referring too when they mention this. Is the machine not final when its released? Are they easy to update? What does the code do for the machine and how does it change things?

Last question (for now) In regards to if i do decide to go with the walking dead, am i hurting myself by not getting the LE version. Is the LE version going to be that much of a better machine where its worth spending the extra $$. I read on sterns site all the additional feature and really most of them i have no clue what they even mean. I do like the idea that i can get the pro pretty soon and the LE is going to be a bit longer. The art on machine doesn't concern me at all, i actually really like the art on the pro. But in the future if i were to be looking to sell it am i going to have a problem because people will only be seeking out the LE versions and the pros will be super easy to find and cheaper.

Anyway i appreciate all your input and look forward to hearing what you guys have to say. Hopefully this is the first of many posts to come from me as i have been lurking here for a while and i really love this site.

Thanks
    Jared

#6 9 years ago

Awesome thanks for all the responses. Ill be heading to silverball this week. I definitely think i want to learn to fix them, i see theres lots of youtube videos that show things and such so that will be useful.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaredsp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-future-owner-looking-for-advice?tu=jaredsp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.