Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bintzknocker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago
    Quoted from JaredSP:

First question, for someone like me who really knows nothing about maintaining and repairing pins how important is it for me to lean toward a new machine over an older one. Do pins usually need lots of repair?

My 2 cents. Because they are mechanical, all games will break down at some point. Some of my older games have needed less maintenance than my newer games. You can pay someone to fix your games, however doing so can get expensive over time. Read the forum, check out pinwiki and learn how to fix games yourself.

Quoted from JaredSP:

Are they easy to update?

Yes. Put the code on a USB. Plug the USB on the board, flip a jumper. The manual has instructions on how to do it.

Quoted from JaredSP:

What does the code do for the machine and how does it change things?

Code is what runs the game. As the code changes, the rules of the game change.

Quoted from JaredSP:

am i hurting myself by not getting the LE version.

Personal preference. IMO - the ACDC Premium version is far superior to the Pro version. On the other hand, Metalica Pro is just as good as the Premium and less expensive.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bintzknocker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-future-owner-looking-for-advice?tu=bintzknocker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.