• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FunHouse Backglass 2 (resized).png
FunHouse Backglass 1 (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

Our newest mod adds LEDs to your FunHouse backglass marquee. With over 130 individually placed and controlled LEDs this will make your machine look like the old-time carnival marquee it was always supposed to be. Check out the video here with more details on the shop page. Also check out Pinball Supernovas review of the mod here.

Please note - this is a limited run; we currently have less than 15 remaining.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1233-arcade-upkeep/03116-funhouse-m3-backglass-title-mod

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/11/07/mods-fun-house-motion-marquee-mod-review-and-install-fun-house-pinball-video/

FunHouse Backglass 1 (resized).pngFunHouse Backglass 1 (resized).pngFunHouse Backglass 2 (resized).pngFunHouse Backglass 2 (resized).png
#2 4 years ago

Whats a “Jun House”?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Whats a “Jun House”?

Hmmm, didn’t Youssi do the artwork for this? Maybe that’s a question that you should send his way!

#4 4 years ago

Very cool, but Chitown is right, it could really use 2 more leds for the cross line on the "F".

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Very cool, but Chitown is right, it could really use 2 more leds for the cross line on the "F".

Exactly. Its totally awesome, but now I cannot unsee Jun House

#6 4 years ago

I wonder why they did the artwork that way. It is strange, however adding a couple LEDS to this mod wouldn’t make sense as there’s no artwork LEDS to correspond with on the backglass. It’s also interesting that until this mod was made we never noticed it!

#7 4 years ago

Its cool and if I had a Jun House I think I would get one.

#8 4 years ago

Junhouse is one of our favourites too.

Japanese amusement park theme. Starring Rudy-San.

It’s a jun game.

rd

#9 4 years ago

Thats pretty jucking cool.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Whats a “Jun House”?

I agree with PinballJon.

I have seen people comment on my post as well about this. Arcade Upkeep puts the LEDS in the word Funhouse where John Youssi (the artist of the translite) drew light bulbs to make the word appear as it contains a lighted effect within the font on the translite. There is one light drawn or indicated in that part of the F in Funhouse (Middle part of the F) so that is where Arcade Upkeep installed an LED on the board to light up that part of the letter. I keep seeing people comment that the F looks like a J making the word Funhouse appear as Junhouse . Maybe you should ask Youssi this question not Arcade Upkeep. There is no other area in the letter F to add any other LEDS. I never seen anyone else comment about this F looking like a J before until this lighted board was released. The font has appeared that way since the game was created in 1990.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I agree with PinballJon.
I have seen people comment on my post as well about this. Arcade Upkeep puts the LEDS in the word Funhouse where John Youssi (the artist of the translite) drew light bulbs to make the word appear as it contains a lighted effect within the font on the translite. There is one light drawn or indicated in that part of the F in Funhouse (Middle part of the F) so that is where Arcade Upkeep installed an LED on the board to light up that part of the letter. I keep seeing people comment that the F looks like a J making the word Funhouse appear as Junhouse . Maybe you should ask Youssi this question not Arcade Upkeep. There is no other area in the letter F to add any other LEDS. I never seen anyone else comment about this F looking like a J before until this lighted board was released. The font has appeared that way since the game was created in 1990.

While this is a cool mod, it seems like somethings are just better left as is.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I have seen people comment on my post as well about this.

Awesome write-up and video, you did a great job!

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeUpkeep:

Awesome write-up and video, you did a great job!

Thanks ArcadeupKeep, Much appreciated on the positive comments. Great mod by the way, just played the game today while looking at the Funhouse lighting through the translite.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-funhouse-mod-by-arcadeupkeep?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.