Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Cornelius
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago

Great video, very cool game. It does go to show that theme matters and art. It looks like this pin shoots nice and has both interesting shots and rules and I really like the LCD color graphics (Stern?).

But this theme is a zero (for me). It's sad that only a handful of these games have sold. Stern sold 10x as many Avengers in a month (and I believe that's a weak game) but the sad fact is that (IMO) few people are interested in this theme. It'd be as bad as if it was cricket. (I'm exaggerating, but the fact remains that this pin is not selling in numbers that make people happy).

** EDIT, I don't know what the sales figures are, but only 11 registered on Pinside owners and 25 wish list.

Well, at least it looks like the code is cool (which is promising for Alien) and the shots seem to work and nothing was sub par that I can see. I really like this game. But the theme turns me off, and I really would need to play it first. Likely I'm waiting for Alien. I just hope this game sells somewhat so that the company is not on shaky ground from the jump.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Where do you get your numbers? Pinside only?

I'm talking about Pinside but estimating what the real numbers are. We know that IM VE sold a certain number (lets say 400-500). And we know that the number of 'owners' on IM went up like 150-200 after the release. Whatever (someone had a screen grab before and after). Whatever the case may be. It's just saying that Pinside makes up a good number of pins sold to the world. So if the Pinside numbers say 11 owners, that tends to lead me to believe that less than 500 in total were sold. If IM owners went up 150 after selling 500, what number would you expect FTH to be at if they had sold 500?

Kiss came out around the same time, and so far, there are 163 owners of Kiss on Pinside.

I know that's not the total number of Kiss sold, but maybe 20% of the total.

So if 11 people list FTH as owned it's either the slowest roll out since The Hobbit or it's just not a big seller. Also, people put games in their collection (or wish list) before they are delivered.

TOTAN just over 3000 made (who knows but likely some are not still in existence after 20 years) and 465 Pinsiders list it in their collection, that's 15% ownership.

15% ownership (if 11 is the number of owners of FTH that would put 73 made). If 10% in the number that would put 110 made.

75 owners of AMH on Pinside and 65 wish list. 75 owners is almost 1/3 of the total number of AMH sold.

I think Pinside "owners list" makes up 10-30% of games sold.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is the new and kinder Pinside, so I will say this nicely. His posterior.

I stand corrected, FTH is a big seller. FTH has sold well, just 11 people (on Pinside) own it and 21 have it in their wish list but it's a big seller.

#28 8 years ago

Ok, it's a hug seller. I'm pointing out that the theme matters, TBL has around 200 owners and/or wish list. Compaired to 33 owners/wish list for FTH. Tell me again how the factory ramp up is the reason why no one has this game on their wish list. Tell me, how if people have this on order and are waiting for delivery they can't put it in their collection? Several hundred TH are listed in collection and or wish list.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's actually nice. But the theme is up there with RCT or Mustang and such.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Yes, I actually applaud Heighway's business plan. You don't see a bunch of disgruntled pre-orderers with pitchforks, no broken promises, no over extending themselves.... just nose to the grindstone, carving out a different success model, building and selling.
The playfield swap platform will be brilliant if they can pull it off, and make the price discount appreciable for it to REALLY be an incentive.
There are so many ways to spend new pinball dollars now, with a market that expanded about 5 years ago and has since leveled out (but the number of pinball makers/titles keeps expanding!). The playfield kit may be what keeps Heighway around when the inevitable pinball market decline begins.

+1 on the PF swap, I'm limited on room but not as much on cost so swappable PF is a brillant idea.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-full-throttle-tutorial-by-bowen?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.