Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Cornelius
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

I might get one of these. I wonder how painful shipping from the UK is.

Do you get tea and biscuits in the goodie bag?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

You only pay shipping within US

Really? Hmm...

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You can buy straight from Heighway still, but Cointaker is now the official US distributor. Buying from them will be like getting a Stern or anything else, just the US shipping part.

It's not on their site yet. Same pricing?

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm talking about Pinside but estimating what the real numbers are. We know that IM VE sold a certain number (lets say 400-500). And we know that the number of 'owners' on IM went up like 150-200 after the release. Whatever (someone had a screen grab before and after). Whatever the case may be. It's just saying that Pinside makes up a good number of pins sold to the world. So if the Pinside numbers say 11 owners, that tends to lead me to believe that less than 500 in total were sold. If IM owners went up 150 after selling 500, what number would you expect FTH to be at if they had sold 500?
Kiss came out around the same time, and so far, there are 163 owners of Kiss on Pinside.
I know that's not the total number of Kiss sold, but maybe 20% of the total.
So if 11 people list FTH as owned it's either the slowest roll out since The Hobbit or it's just not a big seller. Also, people put games in their collection (or wish list) before they are delivered.
TOTAN just over 3000 made (who knows but likely some are not still in existence after 20 years) and 465 Pinsiders list it in their collection, that's 15% ownership.
15% ownership (if 11 is the number of owners of FTH that would put 73 made). If 10% in the number that would put 110 made.
75 owners of AMH on Pinside and 65 wish list. 75 owners is almost 1/3 of the total number of AMH sold.
I think Pinside "owners list" makes up 10-30% of games sold.

This reminds me of when The Genius came up with an equation to defeat Hulk Hogan.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from EJ:

Does anyone know what happens if you finish all of the races? Is there a "final race" wizard mode type of thing or do they just reset?

Bowen gets to the wizard mode in the video. He also mentions that additional modes are being worked on.

edit: correction - he gets a mini wizard mode.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Final Challenge is one wizard mode, World Championship (or Race Final or whatever it is called) is another, and was not seen in the video.

I see. That's pretty good because it seemed a bit easy to get to.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I thought the 2nd screen was standard but I see now that it is not. I don't know what the "street" price is of a standard FTH but you are probably right in that it's closer to a Stern premium than pro. In the end, I think Heighway has a lot of potential if they can get games out the door in a timely manner.

I put a fair number of games on FTH at ReplayFX and I'd definitely put the toys/ramps/materials/lcd above a STERN pro. Not quite JJP level, but certainly some competitiveness with JJP in terms of features such as the hinged glass and modular playfield. Actually, I was surprised at the price around 6k. I think that's a very good price for what they're offering in the current market.

I have to also admit the prospect of buying an alien package later and having "two" games of this caliber for around 10k has got me thinking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-full-throttle-tutorial-by-bowen?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.