image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

First, a huge thank you to Chris and Melissa from Coin Taker and Andrew Heighway for having a great display as well as lots of product accessibility at the Texas Pinball Festival.

Walking in to the show and seeing the stack of FT's at the Coin Taker booth was pretty exciting. Two games were on display and being played constantly. Chris was very helpful opening up the games and answering my questions. The entire process from inquiry to purchase with Melissa was a breeze.

Andrew Heighway was present. Even though I skipped his seminar to drink beer with Pinsiders, he was happy to take time and show me the game inside and out at the booth.

I purchased the black on black standard model with the large LCD. Unboxing will be tomorrow with more pictures coming soon. Here are a few from the show.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 8 years ago

New fellow FT owners and I at the show.

#3 8 years ago

Ready to open at home.

#4 8 years ago

Awesome , can't wait for mine !

#5 8 years ago

Congrats! Cant wait to play one someday! Looks like a solid fun pin!

#6 8 years ago

Your going to play it non-stop! I've been playing mine every single day since I got it, over 400 plays!
It is such a great pin! I couldn't be happier!

#7 8 years ago

Ohh yeah
Show us a gameplay vid!

#8 8 years ago

A few pics of the new game. This thing is like a tank.

#9 8 years ago
#10 8 years ago

I have one on order, no regrets but the photos here look like the pin is switched off - that's how dark the lower playfield seems to be. Can you give us feedback on what you think later on, as this may be the camera playing a trick here.

#11 8 years ago

that black trim looks really nice. I like it a lot more than the grey.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

Thinking the same thing looks good. Yet another trim option to consider

I particularly like the start button / shooter surrounds in black

#13 8 years ago

This was my first day. In natural light, it's no issue. When it got dark, I turned down my game room lights and it was a little dark in some areas. To be fair, I haven't even looked in the adjustment menus yet. This game has a lot of lighting in it, so I can imagine this is something that will be worked out.

As for game play, it is seriously fun. I find I can make most of the shots except the right orbit, it's a challenge for me. I love the big ramp. This game seems to use the whole wide body PF. It's hard to explain. I love STTNG and IJ, but there seem to be plenty of playfied that's covered (more so on IJ). FT has bright playfield with clear ramps so you feel like your getting a lot more real estate, even if it's only an illusion.

The soundtrack has what I call Euro-Metal (Sorry Sam Dunn for creating a word). Although I don't listen to it regularly, it fits the race theme of the game quite well. Not knowing my metal or my moto racing, a quick google search explained it all.
http://www.redlinerock.com/redline_tt_races.html

*Sam Dunn https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Dunn

Quoted from DerGoetz:I have one on order, no regrets but the photos here look like the pin is switched off - that's how dark the lower playfield seems to be. Can you give us feedback on what you think later on, as this may be the camera playing a trick here.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

Yes, I like it much better.

#15 8 years ago

Full Throttle, meet you Uncle Banzai. He's old and weird. He got that upper playfield thing going on and he makes funny noises, but he knows all the cool pins from back in the day. He's here to keep an eye on you and show you the ropes.

#16 8 years ago

Sweet. Looks great!!!

#17 8 years ago

Nice variety!

1 week later
#19 8 years ago

Nice line-up

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-full-throttle-owner-thanks-heighway-and-coin-taker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.