9FABBF03-3E54-4EB7-A411-FD7DBE5EB014 (resized).jpeg
9057A3E9-87BD-4D37-9B47-6847725FDFC1 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20220618_151158121 (resized).jpg
PXL_20211230_213854880 (resized).jpg
PXL_20211130_144322525 (resized).jpg
PXL_20211130_144311951 (resized).jpg
PXL_20211130_144339625~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20211130_144333359~5 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jaybird815.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 2 years ago

I just ordered an Outer Banks 2 door Sasquatch, now the wait.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Will they haul a pin?

If i pop the back seats out and remove the top and doors and put them on end, could probably squeeze 2 with the tie downs in back. Or I could just grab the wife’s car.

3 months later
#15 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

NHTSA Investigating Ford Bronco over Complaints of 'Catastrophic Engine Failure'
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a40187943/nhtsa-investigating-ford-bronco-engine-failure/

Following the Bronco threads for awhile, this is actually a bit of old news. The 32 engines have been replaced under warranty, there’s been no new reports of this happening in quite a while. And none on the MY22.

2 months later
#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

We actually got a 2022 build date even though we ordered on March 2, 2022. Build week Sept 26th. Can't wait!

2 door or 4 door?

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

2dr. Badlands, Eruption green, manual tranny.

I ordered a 2 dr Outer Banks Sasquatch auto in February, still waiting

1 month later
#27 1 year ago

My build got pushed to MY 23, which may have been a blessing in disguise. I switched my order to the Heritage edition, which I really like it’s old school look.

1 week later
#29 1 year ago

I went into dealership and officially changed to a 2 Dr Heritage edition in Azure Gray. The only ones who can currently order these are people who had 22 reservations bumped. Salesman said if we get it in first half of 23, which we should, they’d give us $15k over MSRP, lol

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I built Broncos at michigan truck plant for a number of years,I would love to have a new or used full size Bronco but of corse they will not even take an order.i am not sure where these are being built but good for Ford having a big hit on there hands.

They are being built at the Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Mi. You should be able to order 23s at the end of the month. It’s currently only open to those whose 22 orders got bumped.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I quess that is where I worked it was called michigan truck but that must be the same place!thanks I will order one when I can.
Thanks

Yep, was called the truck plant.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Owned an Explorer (and a Contour) for years, and was pretty satisfied with my Fords. Aside from needing to service the brakes too often.
Was looking into getting a Bronco, but wondering if current or past owners could provide some feedback:
1. How do the brakes hold up?
2. Do these drive at all like a Jeep Wrangler on the road? (I'm not fond of how those handle on a typical road drive.)

I don’t have mine yet so can’t comment on the brakes, but haven driven a few different setups, I can say they are a much smoother ride than a Wrangler. Most reviews you’ll read say that the Bronco is a much better daily driver than the Jeep.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

What is the option on soft top vs hard..?

2 door is hard top only, Either or on 4 door and from what I’ve read new to 23, there will be an option for both.

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

You could get 2 door or 4 door in soft or hard top or at least you could in 2021. The hard top is a 3 section top. There is a section over the driver and another over the passenger. The rear section can be removed using 2 people or a hoist.

There’s no 2 door soft top from factory, aftermarket only.

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have a line on a new outer bank in green but it has the 4?

How do plan on using it? If you look, the HP isn’t much more on the 6, but significantly more torque with the 6. While the MPG is substantially better on the 4. Also manual is only available with the 4 cylinder.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I don’t have a Bronco but can chime in with the 2.3 in the Ranger. We wanted manual but that isn’t an option on the Ranger so I can share that the 10 speed auto is fantastic and pairs well with the 2.3l. It’s always ready to move and never feels delayed or sluggish. At all. The auto has been proven in both the F150 and mustangs behind supercharged V8’s reliably. Our ranger is Lariat FX4 4wd so heaviest of all trims. It seems 23-25 mpg with mixed driving. Towed twice with an open car trailer with 1,000 lbs to total about 2,500 lbs. Absolutely no issues. I’m a car guy that is used to having high power/torque dailies and fun cars. The 4 cylinder isn’t lacking. YMMV

I ended up going with the 4 cylinder strictly because it was the only way to get the 7 speed manual transmission. And it’s still 300 hp

#51 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have a line on a new outer bank in green but it has the 4?

The Eruption Green is a sweet color!

1 week later
#57 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have my bronco and O My god I love it so very much,I can see why these are so popular,and I could only get the 2.3 and never thought I would be satisfied but even a guy that has owned r8,s and I have an 800 hp roush mustang I am completely satisfied with the 2.3 And it does not need any more power for me but I am getting the ford racing tune that bring the 2.3 up to the 6 bangers power levels with a warranty,it 895.00 and I really don’t need it but what the hell..I don’t know how they make that little motor feel like a v8.mabey the 10 speed and the rear end ect,I am impressed.
I love it so much.
[quoted image]

Very nice!!! Congrats. That was the color I originally ordered, not available on the Heritage edition.

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

What options are out there to lock the spare tire. Is it still the lug nut with the special socket you keep with the tire changing tools? Those aren’t too hard remove. A battery operated impact wrench and a socket removes them easily.

I believe there’s a key to get the tire off

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Done along with a stubby antenna,I also bought a tire cover but I am not sure what are owner’s thoughts about tire covers?

There would have to be a hole in the tire cover, the rear camera goes through the center of the spare.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Brother in law just got a Wildtrack and all I saw was 3 regular lug nuts holding it on. Maybe I missed something. Very nice vehicle by the way.
My question was how to keep the spare from being ripped off?

They are locking lugs, there is a “key” that you need to remove them that comes in the Jack kit. A thief would have to have that key, which isn’t too hard to come by. There are aftermarket lug locks that you could buy for cheap.

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

They are locking lugs, there is a “key” that you need to remove them that comes in the Jack kit. A thief would have to have that key, which isn’t too hard to come by. There are aftermarket lug locks that you could buy for cheap.

Edit: Actually looking into it, locking lugs were a $90 option on some trim levels

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jaybird815.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-ford-bronco-owners-thread?tu=Jaybird815 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.