Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20210715_224417388 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210722_145912537 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210722_145902047 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210722_145848196 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adamw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I just replaced the flippers in my Pinbot. The one seems just fine. The other is fine for a while, then stops working. If I leave it alone for about 10 minutes it will start working again. I'm thinking this is a heat issue. I had to replace some of the wires because the existing ones were too short after removing them from the old flipper assembly. I'm wondering if the wire I used can't handle the heat. Any thoughts?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Solder joints good ? EOS blades clean and plenty of tension holding them closed ?
LTG : )

As far as I can tell soldier joints are all good. Pulling on all of them, everything stays tight in place.
I'll look at the EOS blades, but are you saying that if the EOS blades aren't making contact while the flipper is in the down position then pressing the flipper button wouldn't activate the flipper? And why would waiting 10 minutes make it start working?

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from spinout:

I just had a stuck flipper on a pinbot... flipper would get stuck up during game play. Even after a full rebuild! Turned out the cabinet switch contact was so worn through it would sometime just lock on and keep the coil energized. New cabinet switch and voila... like new! Good luck.

It's not staying stuck in the up position. It's down and won't activate at all. But about 10 minutes later it's fine for another short while.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Are the EOS switches new?

No. Everything on the flipper assembly is new except the EOS switches. I had to reuse the old ones.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Is the coil hot when it stops working?
My guess is that since you rewired the coil you have reattached them incorrectly, so the EOS isn't operating properly.
The EOS wires should be soldered to the center lug and the lug on the non-banded diode side.
Power is on the banded side, and the return is on the non banded side with the EOS.

PXL_20210722_145848196 (resized).jpgPXL_20210722_145848196 (resized).jpgPXL_20210722_145902047 (resized).jpgPXL_20210722_145902047 (resized).jpgPXL_20210722_145912537 (resized).jpgPXL_20210722_145912537 (resized).jpg
#10 2 years ago

Coil and wiring I replaced....

PXL_20210715_224417388 (resized).jpgPXL_20210715_224417388 (resized).jpg
#13 2 years ago
Quoted from AMBoggs:

This may be an optical illusion but it doesn’t look like your main contacts are touching. They should be touching and then the EOS opens them up.

Illusion. I just double-checked with my eye in person. They are definitely making contact. They break contact when I move the flipper and the lane change switch opens.

#14 2 years ago

Connect your EOS directly to the jug and if you need to extend the return wire, use a real connector or at least some shrink wrap on it.

Could you please explain this recommendation a bit more?

#16 2 years ago

I meant lug not jug sorry.
The EOS and the power wires should meet on the lug not suspended in mid air.

What lug? (Btw, this is how they were when I bought the machine).

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Is that the right flipper coil?

Yup!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adamw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-flipper-stops-working-temporarily?tu=adamw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.